Clen/SSNRI/Epi

DisTreSs

Awards
I've been on an SSNRI anti-depressant for some months now but wanted to try clen for the first time.
I know that clen works on norepinephrine levels and as such 'could' be counterindicated when used in conjunction with an SSNRI, however, I decided to try it out anyway. ;)

I started at 20mcg for 2 days without too much trouble, but now that I've upped the dose to 40mcg, I'm feeling rather shaky :)
From what I understand, the SSNRI will prevent the reuptake of the norepinephrine receptors and clen will simply up the levels of that substance hence this combination causing bloodlevels to stay increased.

The first question I have then is:
- how should I interpret the relation of beta2 antagonism of clen to the rise in norepinephrine levels? I know that beta2 antagonism is responsible for the rise in general metabolism (which is what we are going for) so is the rise of norepinephrine levels just an unfortunate side-effect or is this a desired effect that is jointly responsible for the rise in metabolic rate?

Subsequently:
- since blood levels remain high courtesy of the SSNRI, should low-dosing (max of 40mcg for example) still give the desired result from the clen? Or is the high level of norepinephrine simply keeping me from increasing my clen dosage and reaching any sought after effect from clen?

Finally:
- I was thinking about running clen for 2 weeks on/2 weeks off, then start an epidrol cycle for 4 weeks and in those last two weeks of the epi cycle combine it with clen. Would this be at all advisable? Would this also be advisable in light of the SSNRI factor?

Thanks in advance! :woohoo:

DisTreSs

Awards
It's a selective serotonin norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor indeed ;)

It's called duloxetine. Main component is cymbalta...

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
do you have fibromyalgia? I thought that was the main purpose for cymbalta. I was on an SNRI (strattera) for awhile too and I took stims with it, but never anything as strong as clen, just your basic OTC stims. Sorry I can't give you any more technical info, but I'd say if you are really shaky at 40 mcg, I would keep it there or even lower it if it works for you. I have used clen once and prob will again soon, and my take on it is with something that dangerous use the absolute minimum that works for you.

BigJoeski3

BigJoeski3

Awards
Quick question, not to steal your thread or anything but

Is it ok to take clen on PHs? Or is the risk/benefit not worth it?

DisTreSs

Awards
Quick question, not to steal your thread or anything but

Is it ok to take clen on PHs? Or is the risk/benefit not worth it?
Don't fret, it's actually part of my initial question too ;)
Dunno why there isn't much response though... :sad:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Alpha Gainz 1
Cycle Logs 15
Weight Loss 5
Anabolics 29
Bkk92233 Weight Loss 11