Chill time training log FINISHED

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Its a very odd feeling, I almost went to the ER, not because it was so bad but because it was so frequent but then I remembered the last few times I went to the ER over the years, they never seem to help at all. I gotta start looking for a new primary care physician that's into sports or deals with athletes, or again idiots that excessively train like there still athletes 😂
Ha, yeah I’ve lost almost all confidence in ER Doctors, unless it’s just close to life or death or I tear or break something.
And you are better off finding you a physician that’s up to par with nutrition and sports related issues. They seem to be few and far between, but the extreme training and weekend warrior lifestyle really does require a more knowledgeable physician in my opinion.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yep, low or high sodium increases imbalances and can cause water retention.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Knock on wood, no cramping today, but I'm a little run down feeling. Also noticed I got a little nasal drip going on and a headache most of today.

I'm falling apart lol.

I need to get over this **** because I got big plans for the next few months and sitting around doing nothing is going to drive me nuking futz

match

match

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
What you guys work on at the moment, what's everyone's training and diet looking like?
Nothing new or special for me. Just my same weekly routine I've been doing for a few months (arms, vert push/pull, legs, arms, horiz push/pull), eating clean but eating everything I want as often as I want without having to track it. Living the dream really.

I'm approaching the 1 year mark since I cleaned out the garage, made it a gym, and got back to lifting 5x per week. I've tracked every set and weighed myself every day. I've gained more than 10 lbs in the last 11 months, and I've taken progress photos every 3 weeks for the entire time, so it's a staggering difference in body comp (bf has definitely gone down at least 1-2% if not more). No AAS used (little dabbling in MK677 and CJC w DAC though).

Strength in all lifts has gone up too, but my focus has been and always will be hypertrophy/physique. Been through my share of tendonitis issues, sprained my intercostals through hockey and soccer multiple times, but all in all stayed essentially "injury free". I hurt all the time, but it's never anywhere specific for more than a month or two consecutively.

My wife loves the improvements in my physique and I get comments and compliments from friends and family all the time. Some folks around me have asked for advice, or started their own fitness journies that I helped spur them on to; and my wife and 2 of our kids are all lifting weights now 3-5 times a week as well.

I owe a fair bit of my motivation to you guys, so thank you for your part in my progress!

TLDR: Fitness works and life is good!

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Nothing new or special for me. Just my same weekly routine I've been doing for a few months (arms, vert push/pull, legs, arms, horiz push/pull), eating clean but eating everything I want as often as I want without having to track it. Living the dream really.

I'm approaching the 1 year mark since I cleaned out the garage, made it a gym, and got back to lifting 5x per week. I've tracked every set and weighed myself every day. I've gained more than 10 lbs in the last 11 months, and I've taken progress photos every 3 weeks for the entire time, so it's a staggering difference in body comp (bf has definitely gone down at least 1-2% if not more). No AAS used (little dabbling in MK677 and CJC w DAC though).

Strength in all lifts has gone up too, but my focus has been and always will be hypertrophy/physique. Been through my share of tendonitis issues, sprained my intercostals through hockey and soccer multiple tines, but all in all stayed essentially "injury free". I hurt all the time, but it's never anywhere specific for more than a month or two consecutively.

My wife loves the improvements in my physique and I get comments and compliments from friends and family all the time. Some folks around me have asked for advice, or started their own fitness journies that I helped spur them on to; and my wife and 2 of our kids are all lifting weights now 3-5 times a week as well.

I owe a fair bit of my motivation to you guys, so thank you for your part in my progress!

TLDR: Fitness works and life is good!
Awesome dude, funny you mention the mk and cjc.

I got mk in my drawer and cjc with dac and insulagen on the way and that's going to be my next little 30 day adventure. After that il probably have to diet because the scale is still climbing. I haven't been limiting anything lol.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Well everything is going to **** lol. Neck is stiff, nauseous, nasal drip getting bad, really bad headache. Just got home and my girlfriend and my daughter both said there nauseous, have a headache and nasal drip.😡🤬🤬

match

match

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Well everything is going to **** lol. Neck is stiff, nauseous, nasal drip getting bad, really bad headache. Just got home and my girlfriend and my daughter both said there nauseous, have a headache and nasal drip.😡🤬🤬
Sometimes you get forced to get a little extra rest. No big deal, you've earned it!

Take care of them, and you; rest up so you beat this bug as fast as possible and then you can get right back in there and give it 110%!

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That could explain the unexplained cramping for sure. You probably have a virus that’s zapping you, and the cramps actually may have been an early symptom……like Match said, I would rest up, heal up, and start hitting it again in a few days. Not saying y’all have it, but when my wife and I got Covid we both experienced some pretty intense muscle aches and cramps.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
That could explain the unexplained cramping for sure. You probably have a virus that’s zapping you, and the cramps actually may have been an early symptom……like Match said, I would rest up, heal up, and start hitting it again in a few days. Not saying y’all have it, but when my wife and I got Covid we both experienced some pretty intense muscle aches and cramps.
I had covid back in January, was a lot different then this but the body pain was intense.

I just took a covid test me and my daughter came back negative so we didn't even bother testing my girlfriend.

Oddly enough 2 and 3 days ago my girl was complaining about neck pain and now my neck is stiff and hurts, like I pulled a muscle but I definitely didn't.

Oh well, hopefully I make it through the work week and il just plan the next 3 days off

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Managed to get a DR. Appointment for 430 today. I have a friend that's a doctor and he hooked me up with someone and this person might turn into my GP of we get along/see eye to eye. But my buddy thinks he's a good fit for me.

Over the phone diagnosis is that I need to sleep more and workout less lol. But he also understands it's what I like to do.

See what happens

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Managed to get a DR. Appointment for 430 today. I have a friend that's a doctor and he hooked me up with someone and this person might turn into my GP of we get along/see eye to eye. But my buddy thinks he's a good fit for me.

Over the phone diagnosis is that I need to sleep more and workout less lol. But he also understands it's what I lik

ThaReal Big

ThaReal Big

Awards
Sorry To hijack your thread! Do you think it's optimal to train a body part twice or once a week for a Natural lifter? When I hit a body part twice a week I feel my recovery is **** I feel a little weaker the following week. all this information out there about MPS is only elevated for a specific period and a natural has to take the advantage and hit that muscle twice a week at least.:unsure:

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Sorry To hijack your thread! Do you think it's optimal to train a body part twice or once a week for a Natural lifter? When I hit a body part twice a week I feel my recovery is **** I feel a little weaker the following week. all this information out there about MPS is only elevated for a specific period and a natural has to take the advantage and hit that muscle twice a week at least.:unsure:
Optimal is what works for your recovery. Natural or enhanced has nothing to do with it. I've seen body parts 2 to 3 times a week naturally no problem and guy on gear who can't train anything more then 1 time a week

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Consider a 2-week microcycle (training “week”) where you hit everything 3 times over a two week period. Still a 50% increase in frequency over once a week.

Or, more aggressive, you could try 9-day micros. So take your 7-day plan where you currently do everything twice that’s kicking your ass, and instead stretch it out over 9 days. You can still train the exact same days in the gym as usual, but the lifts you do won’t be tied to the day of the week, rather just the next thing coming up that needs trained.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
@Smont good luck; I have a resolution to get a GP finally this year and I have been procrastinating too long.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Well, he didn't have a lot to tell me but I get it. He basically said your burnt out, your cns is probably fried from basically everything I do and my recovery ability is probably crashing.

I did really like how he greated me tho. He basically said what's up, I know you use steroids from time to time and Ive probably used more then you so be honest and tell what you have done in the past year or so.

He said to chill out with training and either sleep more or workout less. I told him how I been eating like a asshole since my diet ended.

Was way more like talking with one of you guys then it was talking to a doc.

Gonna do a follow up for bloods and everything in about 3 months when my insurance kicks in or I can pay out of pocket.

Blood pressure was a little high, 135/84 (keep in mind I had just worked 10hrs manual labor)
Told me to start checking every morning again and if it goes any higher to call him. He's not overly concerned as I told him I usually wake up in the 125/80 range

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
He also didn't even seem slightly phazed by what I said I've taken this year.

Everything just started getting worse. Fever came back, I'm freezing cold and I got aches all over.

Now I feel like I did when I had covid 🙄

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Everything just started getting worse. Fever came back, I'm freezing cold and I got aches all over.

Now I feel like I did when I had covid 🙄
Oh man, hopefully not, but it sounds like you may have found a pretty cool Doctor, that won’t judge and just help.👍

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Did a quick pull workout with lots of stretches between reps, like holding in the stretch position. Then hit the boxing gym and did a couple rounds.

Post shower, 202.6 after 3 meals and a workout and to be fair I set myself up with the goonlight by adjusting the lights in my bathroom lol.

View attachment 219916View attachment 219917
Damn man you are looking shredded to me! Shoulders and traps looking exceptionally strong

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

Now I feel like I did when I had covid
Rest up homie!

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Taking the rest of the week off for sure, hoping to get a workout in on Saturday but not stressing it.

Appetite is also massively down. Yesterday I only ate and drank when hungry or thirsty.

Had coffee,
a Greek yogurt cup with some fresh fruit,
a wrap with deli meat,
Grilled chicken with sweet potatoes, carrots, broccoli and a salad,
A bowl of cereal and about 1 gallon of water for the day.

Lost 4lbs overnight.

Just for the heck of it I sent what I ate to my friend who's always crying about not being able to get any bigger and tells me constantly he eats a lot.

I just said what do you think about my diet yesterday.

He said idk it looks normal I guess.

I said the reason you think that looks normal is because you eat like a normal person and normal people look and perform at a normal level.

Your not getting bigger or stronger because you don't eat like a bigger stronger person.

Idk I thought it would help explain, like look man, I'm not that big and 1 day of me eating like a normal person made me loose like 5 lbs

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Load up on Zinc, vit C, garlic, and Elderberry. I take a lot of stuff, but I always add a pretty hefty dose of those four when I’m sick and recover much quicker.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Load up on Zinc, vit C, garlic, and Elderberry. I take a lot of stuff, but I always add a pretty hefty dose of those four when I’m sick and recover much quicker.
I don't know what about it that it is but I think I'm allergic to elderberry or something. I always feel crappy when I take it. Zinc and vitamin c I already use. there both in multiple things I take so I'm getting about 5000mg vc and I'm not sure about the z but I supplement with it, and I put garlic powder and minced garlic in pretty much everything I make. Love garlic 😋🧄

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Taking the rest of the week off for sure, hoping to get a workout in on Saturday but not stressing it.

Appetite is also massively down. Yesterday I only ate and drank when hungry or thirsty.

Had coffee,
a Greek yogurt cup with some fresh fruit,
a wrap with deli meat,
Grilled chicken with sweet potatoes, carrots, broccoli and a salad,
A bowl of cereal and about 1 gallon of water for the day.

Lost 4lbs overnight.

Just for the heck of it I sent what I ate to my friend who's always crying about not being able to get any bigger and tells me constantly he eats a lot.

I just said what do you think about my diet yesterday.

He said idk it looks normal I guess.

I said the reason you think that looks normal is because you eat like a normal person and normal people look and perform at a normal level.

Your not getting bigger or stronger because you don't eat like a bigger stronger person.

Idk I thought it would help explain, like look man, I'm not that big and 1 day of me eating like a normal person made me loose like 5 lbs
Yeah I see 2 meals there, and daily water for someone not working outside.

Speaking of that, time to eat…

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Another mediocre day of eating, had 2 grilled chicken wraps with some veggies on the side and I'm staring at a rotisserie chicken trying to talk myself into eating it.

Normally when I'm sick I don't really loose my appetite like this.

Desperate times call for desperate measures, I didn't wanna have to do this but I think i better go get some ice cream lol

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Another mediocre day of eating, had 2 grilled chicken wraps with some veggies on the side and I'm staring at a rotisserie chicken trying to talk myself into eating it.

Normally when I'm sick I don't really loose my appetite like this.

Desperate times call for desperate measures, I didn't wanna have to do this but I think i better go get some ice cream lol
Damn homie I was just going to say blend a chicken shake, but you’re over here breaking the Ben & Jerry’s glass & hitting the red button.

Not that I’d know, but Phish Food has nearly 1,200 calories per pint, and once you get past the first 1/3 where your brain is telling you this is diabetic garbage, if you can push through that the final 2/3 becomes a super easy addictive smash fest.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Not sure if your congested or not, but ice cream can make congestion worse. If not though, I don’t think the dirty calories would hurt you a bit. I say definitely eat what you can to at least get something in.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Damn homie I was just going to say blend a chicken shake, but you’re over here breaking the Ben & Jerry’s glass & hitting the red button.

Not that I’d know, but Phish Food has nearly 1,200 calories per pint, and once you get past the first 1/3 where your brain is telling you this is diabetic garbage, if you can push through that the final 2/3 becomes a super easy addictive smash fest.
Not sure if your congested or not, but ice cream can make congestion worse. If not though, I don’t think the dirty calories would hurt you a bit. I say definitely eat what you can to at least get something in.
I'm extremely congested, but I was joking guys. I had half a rotisserie chicken with a large salad and some garden vegetables. For dessert I made myself a fruit bowl with watermelon pineapple and blueberries

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I went through the house yesterday and divvied up all the junk food and put it in the kids rooms and said I don't want to see if the cabinets anymore lol

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I feel a little bit better, still congested still have a headache but the aches and pains aren't as bad today. Taking one more day off and hopefully I can go back to the gym tomorrow and since I've already lost a couple pounds I'm going to run with that and do a little mini cut. I took my Sugar last night it was 109 2 hours after eating that fruit bowl.

So I'm going to do a little mini cut drop my carbs a little and fix up the insulin sensitivity this week.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
First day back, I woke up feeling good, and mid workout I felt like crap.

I knew I wasn't going to hop straight to legs on my first day back so I went with shoulders and biceps, 2 things that I find enjoyment in training but I just didn't have it. Fought through it and made notes. Il try a light leg day tomorrow
Screenshot_20220806-101321~3.png

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I may start a new log and drop a link in below. Sometimes if I'm in a rut, the feeling of a fresh start is what I need. I was literally in the gym today thinking, why am I here, I don't like this

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It’s amazing how quick a virus and fever can zap your energy and strength. And even when you start to feel better, it seems when you try that first workout back that your reminded your not quite there. It can be discouraging.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It’s amazing how quick a virus and fever can zap your energy and strength. And even when you start to feel better, it seems when you try that first workout back that your reminded your not quite there. It can be discouraging.
It's like it took my willpower away lol. I went home after the gym, ate some food and slept for 2 hours. Just about zero motivation to do anything

match

match

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I may start a new log and drop a link in below. Sometimes if I'm in a rut, the feeling of a fresh start is what I need. I was literally in the gym today thinking, why am I here, I don't like this
But you know what? You showed up. You were there, despite your mood.

Dedication is greater than motivation.

And you know why you were there. Being an alpha in the gym is part of your identity, and that's not changing any time soon.

Rest when you need to rest, we're all gonna have days like that, but what sets us apart is that we still show up when the next work out is scheduled and we give whatever we have that day.

The flesh is weak, but your real strength comes from somewhere else!

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Slept pretty much all day yesterday, not sure if it helped or made me more tired.

Job site switch today and we're back to working 7-4 with a 1.5 hour drive each way so I'm on the road 12 hr a day again. Packed up my cooler, made some gym bags, hitting the gym after work and then home for dinner and bed.

As much as I hate this schedule it forces me into a strict routine because there's basically not enough time to go off schedule.

Anyway. I'm gonna try to start a new log one day this week as soon as I feel like I'm back in the grove.

Need to set some new goals, there's a bench press competition in October and some local amateur boxing in November and December so I'm sure il have something to set up as a goal or deadline.

I feel like I'm doing a dear diary entry 😂

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It's okay to feel not fully motivated everyday. I believe everyone has those kinda days. But, now that you have some goals in mind, you'll get back to it.

P.S- for some reason I get no notifications for your logs.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It's okay to feel not fully motivated everyday. I believe everyone has those kinda days. But, now that you have some goals in mind, you'll get back to it.

Same, I get no notification for yours either, I always have to go searching for it. I don't understand why

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Honestly I've had low motivation for like 2 months since the fight fell through. Need to snap out of it

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Honestly I've had low motivation for like 2 months since the fight fell through. Need to snap out of it
May be having a training partner would help to get you out of this rut. I know it's hard to sometimes just snap out of it. But, it just needs to happen. Just slap your self right across the face and say **** you. lol.. It's time to go. I really get mad at my self when I am low.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
May be having a training partner would help to get you out of this rut. I know it's hard to sometimes just snap out of it. But, it just needs to happen. Just slap your self right across the face and say **** you. lol.. It's time to go. I really get mad at my self when I am low.
I would love to have a training partner but no1 is reliable and my schedule is pretty crazy too. After I hopefully squeeze in a few fights I can focus more on bodybuilding for the first time everand once I'm at that point I will be getting a training partner

match

match

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I would love to have a training partner but no1 is reliable and my schedule is pretty crazy too. After I hopefully squeeze in a few fights I can focus more on bodybuilding for the first time everand once I'm at that point I will be getting a training partner
Yeah, I feel like I'm in the same boat. I got one buddy who comes over to lift w me most Saturdays, but the rest of the week I don't know if I'm lifting at 1:30 or 3:30, and every now and then I have to wait until the evening. Seems like every other minute of the day has something scheduled, so I feel fortunate every time I'm able to finish a workout and grab a shower.