Changing The Search Function?

Blesum

Blesum

Maestro
Awards
Time again and again, I have found myself trying to do a search on three letter phrases or words such as CEE, HCL, EFA, EAA, H50, VAR, 4ad, m1t, etc. Always turns up zip, nada, zilch because the search engine will only search for 4 lettered phrases or more.

Is there a way to get around that, or have the search engine changed to accept 3 or even 2 lettered phrases?

Thanks,

-Blesum

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
Time again and again, I have found myself trying to do a search on three letter phrases or words such as CEE, HCL, EFA, EAA, H50, VAR, 4ad, m1t, etc. Always turns up zip, nada, zilch because the search engine will only search for 4 lettered phrases or more.

Is there a way to get around that, or have the search engine changed to accept 3 or even 2 lettered phrases?

Thanks,

-Blesum
Would require re-indexing the board and the server load would increase expotentially. So... it's not going to happen and has also been stated by the man himself.

The easiest way is to search with what you want to know. ie; "M1t sides" "EAA dosage"

etc...

Blesum

Blesum

Maestro
Awards
That's a bummer. I keep seeing people posting that they couldn't find anything with the search function because of this problem.

-Blesum