Cenegenics Question

B

bodybuilder8806

Awards
I have been put on androgel 5g each day and personally I dont feel the results are up to par. My doctor doesn't really want to put me on injections and insisted on the androgel as a more convienent treatment. Since I have already been diagnosed with hypogonadism and have been given a prescription for androgel would it be possible to go through cenegenics and order my HRT supplies and do my own injections instead of Androgel without doing more bloodwork, and other stuff through the cenegenics lab.

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established
I have been put on androgel 5g each day and personally I dont feel the results are up to par. My doctor doesn't really want to put me on injections and insisted on the androgel as a more convienent treatment. Since I have already been diagnosed with hypogonadism and have been given a prescription for androgel would it be possible to go through cenegenics and order my HRT supplies and do my own injections instead of Androgel without doing more bloodwork, and other stuff through the cenegenics lab.
Cenegenics will sell or prescribe your medication, but that's not their focus. I don't think you'll be able to avoid the initial exam costs which include six hours of extensive testing in a hospital followed by a private consultation. Every six months they require a follow-up visit, and there may be possible blood work in between depending on your treatment. My exam is Friday, and I plan to ask if I can use my doctor for additional blood work. I'll keep you posted. FYI, the initial exam and blood work costs $2500. The six month visits are half of that. You can expext to pay $2500 per year. From what I understand some insurance companies cover this.

You can easily find Cenegenics on the web. They will provide the name of one of their doctors near you. The doctor I'm seeing shared a lot of information during our first conversation. His assistant answered all of my questions regarding costs and procedures.

P

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
Here is what happens when one starts on gels. Say your first test was 300 and you start on Androgel 5 grams. In the first week if the gel is getting through your skin your levels will shoot up. Your brain will see this and stop sending the messages to your testis to make T. So you now will fall back to above your first test or lower. This is why in the insert that comes with Andorgel to get tested again in 2 weeks. I have seen men feel dam good starting on gels only to fall way below there first test level. So after a 2 week test if your still low the best thing is to up the dose. I went from 5 grams to 10 grams and my Total T came back at 600. So after upping the dose do a blood check in 4 weeks to be sure it has your levels up if not then you need to do shots the gel is not working or getting through your skin.
Phil