Carrots and tomatoes help prevent wrinkles

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
Ok, so my first reaction when reading this was "duh"........but I found the part about nutrient concentrations in the skin interesting:

Carrots and tomatoes help prevent wrinkles

Deutsche Presse-Agentur (dpa)

07-03-06

Berlin (dpa) * Carrots and tomatoes help keep wrinkles at bay as they increase the amounts of beta carotene and lycopine in the skin keeping it young, a recent study by Berlin's Charite hospital, published in the Neu-Isenburg-based Aerzte Zeitung, showed.

The team of researchers, led by Juergen Lademann studied 20 volunteers between the ages of 40 and 50. People with significantly higher vitamin concentrations in their skin had noticeably fewer wrinkles than people with lower vitamin concentrations.

kdarrell

Awards
I wish I like carrots and tomatoes. I'm starting to look my age lol. Does anyone know of anyother foods that can prevent wrinkles or slow them down?

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
I wish I like carrots and tomatoes. I'm starting to look my age lol. Does anyone know of anyother foods that can prevent wrinkles or slow them down?
There are a number of "whole food" supplements which essentially dehydrate vegetables/fruits and compress them into pill form. They're certainly not ideal, but probably a worthwhile addition to your diet if you can't bring yourself to eat the real thing.

kdarrell

Awards
There are a mi,ber of "whole food" supplements which essentially dehydrate vegetables/fruits and compress them into pill form. They're certainly not ideal, but probably a worthwhile addition to your diet if you can't bring yourself to eat the real thing.

Thanks for the info because no, I'm not a big fan of vetetables.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
Not a problem.....look for keywords like "greens", and "whole food" supplement. Those should turn up examples of what I'm talking about. If you can't fidn any, post here and I'll dig up some specific links.