MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
From no pics to lobster, things escalated quickly! :)

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
12/22: 4 eggs, 1/2 lb sausage, 2x8oz lobster tails

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hectic with work during the holidays and another week to go. Protein intake has been consistent, albeit a bit basic since the Xmas eye of round roast. Mainly salmon, burger, bacon, eggs, blah. I’ll get back to more exciting offerings and post pics in the coming week

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
There a stick in the spokes yesterday because I was miserable from the coof. I demolished captain crunch berries, Chinese food and chocolate. It was glorious. Full transparency. Need to decide what to do moving forward as I need quick mass back and already wrecked my run

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
There a stick in the spokes yesterday because I was miserable from the coof. I demolished captain crunch berries, Chinese food and chocolate. It was glorious. Full transparency. Need to decide what to do moving forward as I need quick mass back and already wrecked my run
refeeding with carbs is usually recommended at some point. being sick sounds like a good enough reason to me. get some soup !

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I really don’t believe in carnivore for growth. You are taking out one of the biggest anabolic signals, large endogenous pulses of insulin 4+ times a day, as well as following a diet strategy that lends itself to satiety and nutrient density. Opposite of bulking goals. So if you are obsessed with the idea of regaining weight, return to carbohydrate consumption.

That being said, carbohydrates and excess cals is going to be fairly inflammatory, which was the point of switching to carnivore - to fix your foot so you can get back eventually to doing more training you really enjoy.

So I would get right back on the carnivore horse; you will fall back into keto in a few days. Keep working on raising your bench at a lower bodyweight/size. When it’s time to take drugs and eat a bunch of carbs, you will be able to make it really count with a healthy foot.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
What @Hyde said! You got this,be dilligent and get that recovery action first. Then hit the gas once the machine is ready to run the race again.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I really don’t believe in carnivore for growth. You are taking out one of the biggest anabolic signals, large endogenous pulses of insulin 4+ times a day, as well as following a diet strategy that lends itself to satiety and nutrient density. Opposite of bulking goals. So if you are obsessed with the idea of regaining weight, return to carbohydrate consumption.

That being said, carbohydrates and excess cals is going to be fairly inflammatory, which was the point of switching to carnivore - to fix your foot so you can get back eventually to doing more training you really enjoy.

So I would get right back on the carnivore horse; you will fall back into keto in a few days. Keep working on raising your bench at a lower bodyweight/size. When it’s time to take drugs and eat a bunch of carbs, you will be able to make it really count with a healthy foot.
I ate because I was sad, then I was sad because I ate

I totally agree with what you said. Getting back to an anti inflammatory regimen to get the foot 100%. More weight moving at a lower body weight will be huge when I finally cycle again and add in carbs. It might feel like the very first time!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I ate because I was sad, then I was sad because I ate

I totally agree with what you said. Getting back to an anti inflammatory regimen to get the foot 100%. More weight moving at a lower body weight will be huge when I finally cycle again and add in carbs. It might feel like the very first time!
I was doing some cyclic keto before I started the blast where I achieved my highest bodyweight ever. I was generally flat and weak and just putting in the work, scraping for 5lbs here or a rep there with an under filled gas tank for a bit. But the work was technically sound, getting good bar speed & practice in, and when I re-introduced all the food and gas I gained like 20lbs in 5 weeks or something stupid.

ugsavage

ugsavage

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I agree with Hyde. I don't believe a Carnivore diet is optimal in the long run. Of course red meat should be included in the diet frequently. But IMO foods like eggs, pork, and dairy are very individual based and can promote inflammation in some

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I agree with Hyde. I don't believe a Carnivore diet is optimal in the long run. Of course red meat should be included in the diet frequently. But IMO foods like eggs, pork, and dairy are very individual based and can promote inflammation in some
idk how people live without drinking raw eggs

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Especially dairy. I recently found I have an allergy to whey, cow’s milk, several cheeses and egg yolks. It causes sinus congestion and this very odd drainage when I eat it. I feel so much better when I stay away from it.

ugsavage

ugsavage

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Especially dairy. I recently found I have an allergy to whey, cow’s milk, several cheeses and egg yolks. It causes sinus congestion and this very odd drainage when I eat it. I feel so much better when I stay away from it.
That is odd. I would assume it's a genetic polymorphism. You can do the allergy test and try and narrow it down more.

Some people can't have egg yolks because it raises their LDL through the roof. Personally I eat about a dozen eggs throughout the day. I keep the yolks to only two or three a day though. Pork and cheese are two foods I completely avoid. I can tolerate them but there are better sources of protein and fat. The dairy can also cause some major GI distress. I try and limit the dairy to yogurt and sometimes milk

Last edited:

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That is odd. I would assume it's a genetic polymorphism. You can do the allergy test and try and narrow it down more.

Some people can't have egg yolks because it raises their LDL through the roof. Personally I eat about a dozen eggs throughout the day. I keep the yolks to only two or three a day though. Pork and cheese are two foods I completely avoid. I can tolerate them but there are better sources of protein and fat. The dairy can also cause some major GI distress. I try and limit the dairy to yogurt and sometimes milk
Yeah I did an allergy test back in November. Here’s my results.

IMG_8638.JPG

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
How are you doing man?
Hope he's ok!!
Doing well now gents, thanks. Had some pretty hardcore life happen real fast (nothing due to anything in this thread). Continued carnivore up until 3 days ago. Now the carby bulk is on!
Got weight down to 208 while retaining strength, eliminated the inflammation in my foot from neuroma (my primary goal during this endeavor) and honestly learned quite a bit about my own body and hunger.

I will definitely use this method in the future when needing to cut weight quickly or knock out inflammation. Intermittent carny keto let’s call it? I’d definitely recommend this to people. Buy the ticket, take the ride. Who knows what you’ll find.

Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Doing well now gents, thanks. Had some pretty hardcore life happen real fast (nothing due to anything in this thread). Continued carnivore up until 3 days ago. Now the carby bulk is on!
Got weight down to 208 while retaining strength, eliminated the inflammation in my foot from neuroma (my primary goal during this endeavor) and honestly learned quite a bit about my own body and hunger.

I will definitely use this method in the future when needing to cut weight quickly or knock out inflammation. Intermittent carny keto let’s call it? I’d definitely recommend this to people. Buy the ticket, take the ride. Who knows what you’ll find.
Good to hear man. Don’t know you well but I was getting nervous for you.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Good to hear man. Don’t know you well but I was getting nervous for you.
Thanks man I really do appreciate that! There is an awesome community here on AM and I have met many good people I call friends. Looking forward to moving forward and getting to know ya! :)

Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks man I really do appreciate that! There is an awesome community here on AM and I have met many good people I call friends. Looking forward to moving forward and getting to know ya! :)
You too man, and I agree; the community here is awesome 🤘🤘