Can TRT Be Effective With Limited Testing?

mikandrea

Awards
Hello everyone,
Can TRT be effective without using all of the tests Dr. John outlines? I was put on Androgel 5g/day after results of 277ng/dl total test and 8.6ng/dl free test. The Androgel did not work and, after 2 weeks, I dropped to 158 ng/dl and 4.8 respectively (plus I was always afraid of transferring it to my 5 month old daughter). I, then was put on test cyp injections (at my request) 100mg/week. Despite my requests to my GP, he would not perform an Estradiol test (he didn't know how to interpret the numbers). I am sure that I am primary due to the fact that I am an otherwise very healthy 37 year old man with no hx. of head trauma and I have 3 little ones (so the boys were working!!!). Would LH, FSH, IGF-1, and Cortisol be useful at this stage (I was referred to an Endo that wants me to stop the injections for 4 weeks to test these things)? I'm just not sure what info. they'd provide at this stage for ongoing treatment. I did my 5th injection today (I just don't feel comfortable with the Endo. - see my other thread if you wish for more info). But, after being on TRT for 7 weeks, what are the true tests that need to be continued? I'm hoping to get my GP on board with a consult with Dr. John, but have not yet heard back. Thank you all kindly for your help. This site has been a godsend to me.

Mike