Can someone recommend a BCAA supp thats cheap and effective?

300Fan

Awards
Im guessing the only choice would be NPs bulk BCAAs?

How do they compare to Xtend? or whatever else is out there?

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
That backbone stack price on Xtend is darn near unbeatable man............

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
NP gets the BCAA's from the same supplier as Scivation

JJC

Awards
  • Established
Well, they all compare well against eachother. BCAAs are BCAAs, no matter how you slice it.

After that it's up to you as to whether you want other goodies in there. Xtend has citrulline malate in there. Excell has taurine in it. There's one by MRM that has glutamine in it. Then there are plain bulk BCAAs at NP.

They all also cost different amounts.

If you only care about how many BCAAs you get for the cheapest price, just do a little cost analysis...

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Xtend is a great deal right now. I bought the 1kilo BCAA's from nutra and am really regretting it because mine will not mix at all. It's almost perfectly water insoluble, meanwhile the xtend I bought mixes like a dream. I'm not sure if there's static on my BCAA's or what, but I bought a kilo and am dreading it.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Xtend and Purple Wrath both rock!!

Watermelon is my favorite flavor of Xtend- it tastes like a Jolly Rancher:)

ugab37

ugab37

Applied Nutriceuticals Rep.
Awards
  • Established
Xtend and Purple Wrath both rock!!

Watermelon is my favorite flavor of Xtend- it tastes like a Jolly Rancher:)
I will second that nomination. Watermelon is where its at!!!!

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
np - in bulk. been very happy with this product and i can add it to my post w/o, pre w/o, during w/o, and protein drinks i do throughout the day.

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
I love Excell, and for 100 servings, and the uncomparable taste. Great deal!

young_squatter

Board Sponsor
Awards
That backbone stack price on Xtend is darn near unbeatable man............
Agree. xtend does not cost much more then bulk BCAA and it has citrulline malate and glutamine added.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
np - in bulk. been very happy with this product and i can add it to my post w/o, pre w/o, during w/o, and protein drinks i do throughout the day.
Moose how do you get it to mix? I should take a picture of mine through a clear glass. I'd say less than 10% of it mixes within a few minutes. I might try leaving it for a few hours and see if that works, but it doesn't mix nearly as well as Xtend does for me.

JJC

Awards
  • Established
Moose how do you get it to mix? I should take a picture of mine through a clear glass. I'd say less than 10% of it mixes within a few minutes. I might try leaving it for a few hours and see if that works, but it doesn't mix nearly as well as Xtend does for me.
Use a shaker. That should do the trick. I don't know why people keep insisting on mixing anything with a glass and spoon for any powder...

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
steveoph, bulk bcaa's alone never really mix to well, unless u r mixing for a really really long time, otherwise u should be able to see the large particles if its in plain water.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
After this i still cant decide...Excell or Xtend...OHHHH! I'm leanin toward Excell with th taurine.

CONTROLLED LABS

CONTROLLED LABS

PROnom 23.... NOM NOM NOM
Awards
  • Established
thatoneguy

thatoneguy

Awards
no joke xtend is for real the best branch chain product ive used......sip on 4 scoops throught the workout and 1 scoop after mixed with vitargo and your set

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
well i shake it and never had a problem. for my protein drinks i use a handheld mixer. but when i'm on the fly my protein drinks, as well as my pre and post are just in a bottle i add water too and shake before i take. it might be the fact that its mixing with other ingredients that i don't have an issue.

in my protein drinks i have vitargo, atw protein, poseidon, and cee, np bulk bcaa.

in my pre w/o - i have wtf pumped, two caps of primed ultra, (btw - i am switching back to just primed next week and going off of these two), poseidon, alcar, and poseidon, np bulk bcaa

in my post - i have regeneration x, vitargo, 1 scoop of cassien, poseidon, and np bulk bcaa.

hope that helps.

if it isn't coming out the way you want - just shake harder <eg>