Can some please recommend a cycle for a first timer?

Awesome420

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Hey guys,

im looking to do my first cycle? What in your opinion will be a good gear for a first timer?
I’m at 25% body fat. I do have have some belly fat, chest fat and thigh fat.

I’m looking for a fit look rather than a professional look. Something like randy Orton.
Appreciate all the feedback thank you.

Please see stats below.

Last edited:
Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Hey bro,

your in the right place for advice and constructive comments but...... the best advice at 25% bf is to get that under 20% first. Few reasons for that, it shows you have a handle on nutrition and training which is needed to make running a cycle worth it, the higher body fat you have the more aromatisation occurs (test converting to estrogen)..... that’s generally not what you want as it gives more sides to deal with.

Straight up power lifters will run gear above 25% bf but their goals aren’t aesthetic and its beneficial for them to have higher bf at times (improved leverages etc).

so just being honest dude, you shouldn’t run a cycle till that’s sorted imo.

but ignoring that we’d need to know your age, training history (years, big 3 stats etc) and where you are at in life (have you had kids? Is fertility a consideration? Does trt bother you? Do you have any blood work on current hormones etc)

then it’s about what you have access to and whether pinning is in or out.......

would need all that to start with bro

Awesome420

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Hey bro,

your in the right place for advice and constructive comments but...... the best advice at 25% bf is to get that under 20% first. Few reasons for that, it shows you have a handle on nutrition and training which is needed to make running a cycle worth it, the higher body fat you have the more aromatisation occurs (test converting to estrogen)..... that’s generally not what you want as it gives more sides to deal with.

Straight up power lifters will run gear above 25% bf but their goals aren’t aesthetic and its beneficial for them to have higher bf at times (improved leverages etc).

but ignoring that we’d need to know your age, training history (years, big 3 stats etc) and where you are at in life (have you had kids? Is fertility a consideration? Does trt bother you? Do you have any blood work on current hormones etc)

Yes sure.
I’m 30 years of age. I think I have been in the gym for so long for past 15 years. Still chubby. I have tried everything literally. I worked out so hard that I get fatigue afterwards. Thyroid is also okay and liver too.

My blood work:
Estradiol : 29
Dhea: 314
Total test: 479
Test free: 72
Test bio: 155
Shbg: 28
Albumin: 4.7

I’m at a point I have tried everything. As I’m aging it’s becoming harder and harder.

Awesome420

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Hey bro,

I have done all the research.
Just things like tren or test? How much? I don’t want too much muscle.

Shoild I take Anavar? Maybe maybe not. Why do ppl take it. I don’t wanna lose my hair. Currently I don’t have any sign of hair loss. So that’s why I don’t want to do too much. A boost will be nice. I’m just afraid of overdosing.

PCT protocol I am familiar with.

Trying to eat healthy but low carb does lower sex drive and mood after a while for me.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Shoild I take Anavar? Maybe maybe not. Why do ppl take it. I don’t wanna lose my hair. Currently I don’t have any sign of hair loss. So that’s why I don’t want to do too much. A boost will be nice. I’m just afraid of overdosing.

Trying to eat healthy but low carb does lower sex drive and mood after a while for me.

Brother, I realize that you may think you've done a lot of research, but your comments aren't showing that.

Not having a lot of knowledge of Anabolics and Cycling is nothing to be ashamed of.
... Everybody was there at one point.
.... But you should really correct that, before you start putting potentially harmful compounds into your body, man.

Awesome420

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Brother, I realize that you may think you've done a lot of research, but your comments aren't showing that.

Not having a lot of knowledge of Anabolics and Cycling is nothing to be ashamed of.
... Everybody was there at one point.
.... But you should really correct that, before you start putting potentially harmful compounds into your body, man.
There is so much. I don’t know everything.
I didn’t even know PCT. it was reading reading and reading. the doctors don’t wanna help. They’re like you’re fine and live with it. So I wanted to ask people here who have more experience than me.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
There is so much. I don’t know everything.
I didn’t even know PCT. it was reading reading and reading. the doctors don’t wanna help. They’re like you’re fine and live with it. So I wanted to ask people here who have more experience than me.
get diet zero'ed in first thing.

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
get diet zero'ed in first thing.
This.

Until you have a handle on diet you won't be able to get a handle on anything else really.

It's easier than it seems too. Eat healthy whole foods. If you want to gain weight eat more calories than you burn. If you want to lose weight eat fewer calories than you burn. You can of course increase activity to change that ratio but ultimately it's that simple. Really.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
See what these guys are saying about having diet and gymwork dialed in before you start a cycle? ^^
I 100% agree with that, brother.

...and while you're doing those things, it will give you more time to study Anabolics, cycling, PCTs, proper diet, AIs, etc....

We don't mind answering questions and helping you out at all. ... But you should have a decent understanding of these things, so you'll Know that the advice you're being given isn't total nonsense.

Welcome to the board, brother.
This is a good place.

:)(y)

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Yes sure.
I’m 30 years of age. I think I have been in the gym for so long for past 15 years. Still chubby. I have tried everything literally. I worked out so hard that I get fatigue afterwards. Thyroid is also okay and liver too.

My blood work:
Estradiol : 29
Dhea: 314
Total test: 479
Test free: 72
Test bio: 155
Shbg: 28
Albumin: 4.7

I’m at a point I have tried everything. As I’m aging it’s becoming harder and harder.
Don't run a cycle yet, drop some weight first, the higher your bodyfat, the more side effects and the less dramatic the results. I would try to get way under 20%. 10 is probably ideal but I'm usually around 15 so who am I to talk.

If your gonna cycle anyway, I'd stay away from things that aromatize a lot. Something like dermacrine stacked with epiandro.

Or if your willing to inject, a low dose of test. 250mg per week with some exemestane on hand.

If your diet and workout are not in check your wasting your time. I have absolutely got fat on cycle, really fat...

cronikgains

cronikgains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Diet down and follow advice mentioned above.. and then I would personally run 4-andro with epiandro or 11kt from apex. Keep your first cycle simple.

Also, how tall are you? Randy Orton is a big guy.. not a bodybuilder but still, dude is 6'5 lol. You're bodyfat is high, but how is your strength and muscle mass?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!

Also eating healthy and low carb have nothing to do with each other. Most of the healthiest foods on the planet are carbs.

Oats, fruit, vegetables, lentils, sweet potatoes ect. All carbs all healthy.

Low carb and keto does not mean healthy.

Don't be scared of carbs, be scared of calories.

The skinniest people I know are vegans, there diet is around 80% carbs

Awesome420

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Don't run a cycle yet, drop some weight first, the higher your bodyfat, the more side effects and the less dramatic the results. I would try to get way under 20%. 10 is probably ideal but I'm usually around 15 so who am I to talk.

If your gonna cycle anyway, I'd stay away from things that aromatize a lot. Something like dermacrine stacked with epiandro.

Or if your willing to inject, a low dose of test. 250mg per week with some exemestane on hand.

If your diet and workout are not in check your wasting your time. I have absolutely got fat on cycle, really fat...
Thank you for explaining me this.
So you can get fat on a cycle?
I have been trying to cut for past 3 years. Believe me I was at 35% body fat. Been a long journey.I guess I might cut more.
Don’t you think tren will help shred? Along with clen? That’s what I have read. Also why do you recommend exemestane. I was thinking about clomid, nolva and armidix.
corrent me if I’m wrong but tren doesn’t aromatize much. Yes?

Awesome420

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Diet down and follow advice mentioned above.. and then I would personally run 4-andro with epiandro or 11kt from apex. Keep your first cycle simple.

Also, how tall are you? Randy Orton is a big guy.. not a bodybuilder but still, dude is 6'5 lol. You're bodyfat is high, but how is your strength and muscle mass?
Thank you.
I’m 6 feet tall. I do have moobs like chest fat not gyno. Thigh fat, love handles. But I’m also strong. There is muscle underneath. You can see. The fat is jiggly fat which I hate.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'll just drop in to say I agree with the fellas and that you've had some great advice here. Like @Renew1 said there's no shame in not knowing a lot about gear use and that goes for anything for that matter. I mean how could one know a lot without extensive research. And some of the things you say reveal that you don't know enough to start messing with those compounds just yet. Only looking out for your best here, honest.

Have you tried hiring a coach? Having an experienced coach who'll get your diet on point with you could even end up feeling like you are on some gear. Getting the diet dialed in would probably have more impact on your physique, than most gear, in your situation. And yeah don't be too afraid of the carbs.

In addition to reading around this forum you can check out Mike Isrataels Renaissance periodisation YT channel for more info. Many good sources out there, but this just came to mind. You can start here, I think there's like 3 lectures on nutrition for fat loss in this series.

Last edited:
LondonerTWBULLY

LondonerTWBULLY

Awards
Hey guys,

im looking to do my first cycle? What in your opinion will be a good gear for a first timer?
I’m at 25% body fat. I do have have some belly fat, chest fat and thigh fat.

I’m looking for a fit look rather than a professional look. Something like randy Orton.
Appreciate all the feedback thank you.

Please see stats below.
Not sure if your serious? Or a troll?
randy orton has years of training and doing gear. 6ft 5” And 250lbs.
How can you expect to get where he is with one cycle?
you need to diet, do cardio or something.
your first cycle shouldn’t be wasted as you can get the most out that cycle

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
The key here bro is that we’ve all said the same..... when you see a common trend it’s probably good advice.

I appreciate you said that you’ve been training a while and feel like your trying everything but it’s very very unusual (I.e there would need to be a medical reason) that any one can’t get to 15% bf through diet and training alone, regardless of the challenges that advancing years present (I didn’t start My fitness journey till I was 32).

You’ll enjoy a cycle way way more from a lower bf starting point.

as a side note, tren doesn’t shred body fat (being in a calorie deficit does that). You absolutely shouldn’t do tren and clen for a first cycle, you shouldn’t listen to anything else anyone who says you should says (it’s just really stupid advice)

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I have been trying to cut for past 3 years. Believe me I was at 35% body fat. Been a long journey.I guess I might cut more.
Don’t you think tren will help shred? Along with clen? That’s what I have read. Also why do you recommend exemestane. I was thinking about clomid, nolva and armidix.
Of course you can get fat on cycle, steroids make building muscle and gaining weight easier. They don't do a lot for fatloss and they definitely don't make loosing weight easier. Gaining and loosing bodyfat is diet, abs are made in the kitchen. Go look at all the top strongmen and powerliftes, many of them are fat. They of course have a ton of muscle but when eddie hall was at the top of his game he was morbidly obese. Probably 35% bodyfat or higher.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
If you eat like crap you will get fat even on tren, if you take tren at high bodyfat percentage and your sensitive to prolactin you will get gyno extremely quickly. There's a million other problems it can cause regardless of who takes it.

You can do whatever you want. But I can tell by your level of knowledge on these things and your experience with diet and exercise that regardless of what your taking your not going to get the results your looking for.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
You know what they use tren for???

To make cattle not loose any weight while there being shipped off to be butchered. They literally are stressed out of there mind and not eating, a scenario where you should waste away. But they don't because of tren

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I suggest spending a few days or more tracking your calories diligently, as they are now.

Then adjusting lower from there...

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I just want to point out how cool it is that there are so many people on an anabolics forum that are ready to talk people out of doing gear. It's the exact opposite of what you might expect from a place like this and it's so consistent that it is the standard around here.

OP take a minute in your excitement about becoming enhanced to appreciate what it means to have people actually concerned about your long term well being in this game. Maybe then you'll start to see why you're getting the answers you are.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
How bout for a week you write down everything you eat and drink, you gotta be very honest and accurate. Then we can figure out how much your actually eating and your activity level and help you make adjustments

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You really need to get leaner first. There are holes in your nutrition and exercise protocol you are missing I guarantee.

How many servings of veggies & fruits do you eat per day? How much protein? How many minutes of what type of cardio per week are you doing?

If you answered less than 6/day, less than 200g, less than 3 hours of LISS or 40 minutes of HIIT, I implore you to set things up around those metrics and see if changes don’t slowly occur.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
You really need to get leaner first. There are holes in your nutrition and exercise protocol you are missing I guarantee.

How many servings of veggies & fruits do you eat per day? How much protein? How many minutes of what type of cardio per week are you doing?

If you answered less than 6/day, less than 200g, less than 3 hours of LISS or 40 minutes of HIIT, I implore you to set things up around those metrics and see if changes don’t slowly occur.
😂😂 misread that first and thought you were saying if your doing less than 3hrs LISS per day rather than per week.

was thinking fukc I really need to step my game up, Hyde ain’t playing 😂

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
misread that first and thought you were saying if your doing less than 3hrs LISS per day rather than per week.

was thinking fukc I really need to step my game up, Hyde ain’t playing
I figured 6x30 min walks or cycling is something everyone can do. Or 3 1-hour hikes around the neighborhood a week, or 4 sessions of sprints in their street EMOM for 10 minutes. Or some combo thereof.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I figured 6x30 min walks or cycling is something everyone can do. Or 3 1-hour hikes around the neighborhood a week, or 4 sessions of sprints in their street EMOM for 10 minutes. Or some combo thereof.
when I read it correctly yeah absolutely, as an absolute baseline it’s there or thereabouts isn’t it

Jackedzombie

Awards
To echo the advice above, be sure you have your diet nailed and consistent before crossing over to the dark side. Steroids can do a great job at masking a poor diet, but you simply won’t get the best from them unless your diet is nailed - and if it really truly is then a sensible cycle, even a simple one at low to moderate doses will yield far better results than a high dose or multiple compound cycle with a poor diet. To me that’s the thing you need to nail, and is more important than starting body fat- recomping on steroids with a good diet in place is just a different world compared to trying to recomp naturally and, IMO, is probably their best use for most first time users.

As for what to take first cycle- testosterone, either E or C. If you plan on doing more than one cycle as time goes on then it’s inevitable that you’ll start stacking compounds at some point but testosterone, whether high or low doses, should always be in the mix as a base, and you really want to figure out how you respond to it in regards to gains and side effects before adding anything on top of it.

As for starting with an oral only cycle like dbol or var, well you could and I do understand the hesitancy to pin, but orals tend to be pretty inconsistently dosed and come with a range of side effects, some of which are kinda silent like tanked HDL levels (most orals are horrible for this) and liver stress. And of course orals will suppress your natural T levels so you’ll still need to PCT and deal with all the issues that can come from this including fluctuations in estrogens which can be a big problem even in orals that don’t aromatize (the drop in T can do enough damage to your T/E ratio even without raising E). Most first timers think orals only are going to be low risk but not so at all IMO.

Davefivie

Davefivie

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Well broski, as I do agree that people should get their workout and diet dialed in, I also know that people are going to do what they want to do. If I were you, then I'd stay away from AAS until you can drop some bf%. But that doesn't mean you don't still have options, if your absolutely dead set on doing something then I would do some heavy researching and try something mild just to get your feet wet. Ostarine is something I've heard suggested as a first cycle because it's mild and it can help with strength and cutting. I'd do some research about diet, training, mild compounds and PCT before taking the leap into anything tho. There are always gains to be had if you know what your doing, just don't run head first into anything that you could regret later on down the road 💪

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Lol At adding to much muscle. Also do not take tren first cycle. Plain old test by itself will do plenty for muscle gain first time around. Steroids can help you hold lean tissue while you cut but you need a good diet to lose fat. The cutting steroids you are thinking of won’t help. If you are already lean highly androgenic steroids will give your muscles a harder, dryer look. Bodybuilders would use them close to a show to have a better apperance not to actually lose weight. Clen or eca will help a tony bit but not like you think. Losing weight is almost all diet.