can clen cause rebound fat gain?

OmarJackson

Awards
  • Established
I have heard from various sources that clen use can cause rebound fat gain, to summerize:

The trainee is afraid of doing T-3 so all they will take is the clen. With or without T-3 the beta 2 receptors attenuate FAST. A first day dose might be 10 mcgs, within 10 days, to get the same effect the trainee will likely be taking 100 mcgs to get the same effect. Now a few things happen. The beta 2's are having to be slammed with LOTS more clen to get anywhere near the initial effect. And......thyroid levels PLUMMET. Within a week or so, thyroid levels are very low.....and the clen stops working anywhere near as well. Only way around it is to up the dose or take time off. But since thyroid is sucking, when you go off you rebound.
have any of you guys that ran clen without T3 noticed a rebound effect in fat gain.

It only now occurs to me that when i was running clen once (i did 2 on, 2 off, then 2 on again) in my second 2 week run my fat loss stagnated a bunch even though i was taking about 120-160mcg ed and my diet and cardio were very strict. i wonder if i shot my thyroid levels into the ground with my first 2 week stint.

anyone else experiance anything similar or know how to avoid this?

thanks.

noctorum

Banned
Awards
Not me.

The point of supplementing T3 is that eventually T4-T3 conversion is lowered while on clen. You can make a cycle last longer by supplementing more T3. When you get off the clen, T3 is brought to the original levels, which keeps a rebound from happening. Thats why theres no fat rebound on DNP.

OmarJackson

Awards
  • Established
Not me.

The point of supplementing T3 is that eventually T4-T3 conversion is lowered while on clen. You can make a cycle last longer by supplementing more T3. When you get off the clen, T3 is brought to the original levels, which keeps a rebound from happening. Thats why theres no fat rebound on DNP.
i don't really follow. are you saying the quote i posted is true or is it false.

goes4ever

Awards
  • Established
who said the original quote? looks to be IA to me, am I correct?

supersize77

supersize77

Awards
  • Established
So what is the general consensus; does it have a rebound effect or not? I have read some of IA's writings in which he indicates that there IS a rebound. On the other hand I've read other articles that indicate there is no rebound. Which is it?

I have two more weeks left on my SD cycle and was trying to decide whether I should throw in some clen before PCT. Suggestions are most welcome.

supersize77

supersize77

Awards
  • Established
So what is the general consensus; does it have a rebound effect or not? I have read some of IA's writings in which he indicates that there IS a rebound. On the other hand I've read other articles that indicate there is no rebound. Which is it?

I have two more weeks left on my SD cycle and was trying to decide whether I should throw in some clen before PCT. Suggestions are most welcome.
Does anyone have any input on this? I don't want to run clen for PCT but I would like to burn some fat during the last 2 weeks of my SD cycle. Should I expect any fat rebound during PCT?

containment

Awards
Think about it guys. If clen lowers T3 levels, they will renormalize (increase) when taken off it. That will give an extra bit of fat loss, if anything. Rebound's happen when T3 levels increase, or you binge when your insulin is screwed.

lana sh

Awards
hey guys! I have done 2 t3 cycles. both 8 weeks with first week ramping up n last week ramping down, max dose was 125 mcg. relusts were great. both times lost 15 lbs. but the rebound effect was terrible! my diet is clean all the time, no cheat meals, about 1700-2000 calories a day, low carb. I work out 6 times a week. crossfit. I noticed the rebound the second week i was off. and in a month i gained 15 lbs back! Like every morning I visibly have more fat! Now it's been a month since I stopped the cycle and I gained all the weigh I lost back n my weight gain doesn't stop. one week after the end of cycle my t3 n t4 were low ( blood test) but now they r normal (got results yesterday) and I still keep packing on weight at a scary rate. I really don't know what to do. I took 6 months off before first and second cycle and gained more than I lost. So I guess I'll wait two more weeks ( which will make it 6 weeks break) and start t3 again. I really need your ideas guys!!!

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I really don't know what to do. I took 6 months off before first and second cycle and gained more than I lost. So I guess I'll wait two more weeks ( which will make it 6 weeks break) and start t3 again. I really need your ideas guys!!!
You need to use ephedrine for preventing post cycle rebound.

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This is off topic but what's the effect of ephedrine on the heart? I keep hearing such good things about it but can't escape all the bad I hear as well.

lana sh

Awards
David thanksu know I used eca stack before n I had no effect but I had a seizure n was brought to the hospital in ambulance. It scares the crap out of me. i still remember falling on the floor n losing consciousness...I also tried clen without obvious effect. do u think i should try again? And also how soon do you think I can start another t3 cycle?

hawks21

Awards
David thanksu know I used eca stack before n I had no effect but I had a seizure n was brought to the hospital in ambulance. It scares the crap out of me. i still remember falling on the floor n losing consciousness...I also tried clen without obvious effect. do u think i should try again? And also how soon do you think I can start another t3 cycle?
No. Why would you try it again if you got seizures..

hgjespersen

hgjespersen

Awards
Clen suppres your natural T3.. because your temperature raises your body will lower your T3 trying to compensate for the higher temperature

AK1

AK1

Awards
Clen suppres your natural T3.. because your temperature raises your body will lower your T3 trying to compensate for the higher temperature
Im not sure that is true - I think if a rebound occurs it is most likely due to this below:

It's mode of action is through the Beta-2 adrenoreceptors. It's a selective Beta-2 agonist.

Stimulation of this receptor causes more T4 to be converted to T3 in your thyroid by the de-iodinase enzyme. (80% of your bodies cicrculating free plasma T3 is converted from T4). i.e. Free T3 in your body = T3 produced by your thyroid(20%) + The T3 converted from the T4 produced by your thyroid via the de-iodinase enzyme, which basically just cleaves off an iodine molecule(80%).

Now, after about 2 weeks of Clen ED( results will vary acording to dosage and physiology, but I would say 2 weeks at 100mcgs/day for a 180lb male will translate to 2 weeks plus/minus 2-3 days), your T4 (that's being producedby the thyroid) that's being converted to the metabolically active T3(Which is what is chiefly responsible for your increase in Metabolic rate, and which is being produced in quantities: 20% by your thyroid and 80% by the T4-T3 conversion I mentioned above) will start being converted to rT3 (reverse T3), the molecular mirror-image of T3 that's metabolically inert. At that moment Clen's stops working and your Plasma T3 levels drop, your rT3 levels go up, and your T4 levels stay about roughly the same. All this basically adds up to to a drop in your metabolic rate until your de-iodinase enzyme can basically re-charge itself back to normal levels, and start back up converting thyroid produced T4 to T3 again via the cleaving of an iodine molecule.

As mentioned, L-taurine ( A very cheap, colorless, and virtually tasteless amino acid. 300g goes for $10 or less) in the 6-10g range..in 2 split dosages AM and PM, can stop this T4-rT3 conversion for another one week or two through cell voluminization. However, in the end, you're eventually going to have to add synthetic T3 to overcome the rT3 problem. But that's a topic for another time because it would take a very long time to explain.

^ Quoted from Steroid.com Forum

I dont really like the sound of having to try to get hold of T3 (a potentially hazardous drug to your thyroid) in order to combat an existing thyroid problem.... any way around this??

Perhaps the best way is to figure out how to dramatically increase the 'de-iodinase enzyme' that needs to recharge back to base levels in order to convert T4 back to T3 naturally .... Maybe you could use T3 whilst that enzyme recharges but who knows how much T3 you would need and for how long - and who knows if adding synthetic T3 is necessarily going to encourage your body to naturally start converting T3 by itself - some kind of negative feedback for all we know??

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Alpha Gainz 1
Cycle Logs 15
Weight Loss 5
Anabolics 29
Socalmk6gti Anabolics 6