Can Boosting Immune System Stop Covid-19?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Really?
Well... in his / her defense ( I don't know who )
I never get the flu vaccine. My wife just loves that. Ha.

I've not been sick in... quite a few years. Pneumonia x2 about 15 years ago.
there are 12 diseases that vaccines have cured, the flu isn't one of them...as of today there still isn't a vaccine for hiv/aids.

getting a flu shot greatly helps in not getting the flu but from year to year effectiveness varies. I have gotten a flu shot for the last 12 years including this last year and will continue to get one yearly...I highly recommend getting a pneumonia shot, they are good for 7 years and are very effective.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Really?
Well... in his / her defense ( I don't know who )
I never get the flu vaccine. My wife just loves that. Ha.

I've not been sick in... quite a few years. Pneumonia x2 about 15 years ago.
Yep, but there's a difference between not getting a flu shot and believing vaccines are some sort of government conspiracy. I also usually don't get a flu shot unless I happen to be at a doctor's office for some other reason, so it's just out of laziness or I simply don't think about it.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I avoid the flu shot like the plague. Get it? lol. Ahem. :p

Bannedagain

Awards
I’m not gonna get involved in the politics here but the reality is nobody here can just go buy HCQ anyway so it’s kind of a moot point whose right/wrong.

Back to the subject of immunity. I’ve read a couple of interesting things like:

1. Overweight people seem to get hit hard by this
2. Diabetes is the worst comorbidity with this
3. Seen at least 3 GDA’s have antiviral properties in research - oxymatrine, Ecklonia, berberine

If the 3 ingredients above share nothing in common (not related so to speak), is it plausible that optimising glucose tolerance could be the thing we should focus on most?
Ok,

so trying to take this all in (and no I’m not a newbie just bare with me).

1. Yep yep
2. Seems to be (looks also linked to social status where obesity is higher)
3. Sceptical... really? Can you go further into how you’ve come to the conclusion that these relatively unknown ingredients used as GDA’s have proven to be anti-viral?

why would we focus on glucose tolerance when fighting a disease like this?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
What are your guys' opinions on Vitamin A? I have been taking 8000 iu lately. I started this for immune support.

Is it safe to take Vitamin A long term? I was speaking to my mothers doctor about supplementation, and he said Vitamin A could cause cancer....
I suppose that almost anything 'could' cause cancer but it sounds like he read an outdated headline and rolled with it haha.

I take Vitamin A daily per doctors instructions and have for years.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
I suppose that almost anything 'could' cause cancer but it sounds like he read an outdated headline and rolled with it haha.

I take Vitamin A daily per doctors instructions and have for years.
Awesome. Thank you sir.

How much do you take?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
But will it actually make a difference or is it all just hopes and prayers? I have yet to see a definitive answer. I use Epicor year round, and believe it helps. Anecdotally it has prevented me from catching colds from coworkers while working(construction) in close proximity. Covid-19 has shown to be extremely contagious though. Is there any reason I should believe boosting my immune system will stop it in its tracks?
MIT DR says that fraudman fauci is lying and that the best way to stop this **** is to strengthen the immune system. i posted the video in the anabolics section this morning.

Maximiliaan

Awards
Ok,

1. Yep yep
3. Sceptical... really? Can you go further into how you’ve come to the conclusion that these relatively unknown ingredients used as GDA’s have proven to be anti-viral?

I was reading on those three ingredients as I came across them on this article

Tbh, that was a while back and I think by now the whole world must know that this disease is a joke. I now don’t even care less about boosting immunity, getting chloroquine etc etc.

bottom line - unless you’re fat, old or got comorbidities, this is nothing for anyone on this forum to worry about. Anyone who thinks otherwise should explain why no professional athletes who have caught this have gotten even hospitalised let alone dead.

LucaFoulds91

Awards
Ok,

1. Yep yep

Just like you I have been doing research on how I can keep myself as fit as possible during these times and what I can do to try and combat the Virus. I can't comment much on the anti-viral aspects of the GDA as research links do this a lot better than I could. But there is a lot of research on why we should focus on glucose tolerance when fighting this disease. Stan Efferding posted a very interesting article which explains why obesity is a major risk factor for Covid-19 hospital admission.

Did you have any luck in finding out which specific ingredients were proven to be anti-viral? As I saw that Predator had a well rated GDA which had berberine in, which I think was one of the ingredients with research behind it.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Hmmmm....as far as the GDA's, I still think they may be a long shot but there's these:

https://advances.sciencemag.org/content/6/16/eaaz7086

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6637495/

https://biology.uncg.edu/adamson-lab/research/link-between-influenza-a-virus-infection-and-glucose-metabolism/ (sorry for the abstract)

https://www.pnas.org/content/pnas/115/30/E7158.full.pdf

Just thought it was interesting. Obviously none of it is Covid-specific, but given the fact that diebetics and the obese are showing to be a high-risk group, this makes some sense.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Hmmmm....as far as the GDA's, I still think they may be a long shot but there's these:

https://biology.uncg.edu/adamson-lab/research/link-between-influenza-a-virus-infection-and-glucose-metabolism/ (sorry for the abstract)

Just thought it was interesting. Obviously none of it is Covid-specific, but given the fact that diebetics and the obese are showing to be a high-risk group, this makes some sense.
Interesting reads.

Derek Wilson

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am taking fruits contains vitamin C. Taking some Vitamin D tab.

Derek Wilson

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Important reads.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
increase you immune systems strength and powa~~

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I just came across another one that I thought was interesting:

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0022202X15325136

It seems that DHEA dampens cytokine response - it appears to have something to do with its conversion to estrogen. I know relatively little about this, so I'm not sure - but it seems this may be part of the reason men get hit harder than women with Covid?? Who knows?

Derek Wilson

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
increase you immune systems strength and powa~~
Yes, It's important nowadays.

TheIronAsylum

Awards
  • Established
anyone figure out a good protocol for this virus

think i got it like 2 days ago

jgraves31

jgraves31

Awards

Some considerations:

Vitamin D, Vitamin C / NAC / Zinc / Quercitin, Melatonin

You may find the Zelenka Treatment Protocol interesting. I wish you well!

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What about mushrooms or a combination of mushrooms? I know that Maitake, Shitake, Reishi, and Cordyceps have anti-viral properties so maybe a combo of all four could help?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Cheeky- Peak O2 is a mix of those mushrooms (minus the shiitake) plus a few more, and I trust it’s quality more than most sources of the individual ingredients.
I like taking extra turkey tail extract specifically for immune system support, although it easily is the most unpalatable of all those you mentioned.
Great suggestion. PEAK02 gets talked about the most for its endurance benefits but its great for immune support as well.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

invictus has been around for a long time and uses the salvo delivery system which many consider the gold standard for transdermal delivery....

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If i were to test positive and were having symptoms, this would likely be my regimen for 7-10 days. I already take some of these at different doses and would just revert back to that dosing after the acute phase of the illness.

- Thiamine 250-750mg/day as tolerated (starting lower bc you can get some minor sides from thiamine like tachycardia, anxiety, restlessness). What you’ll find on the MATH+ protocol is IV thiamine cuz its designed for hospitalized patients where IV is accessible.

- Vit C 500 mg every 6 hrs or 1000 mg twice a day.

- Zinc 75-100mg/day

- Famotidine 40mg twice a day

- Melatonin 6-12g/day

- Vitamin D 10,000 iu/day

Like I alluded to, this is based off the MATH+ protocol for hospitalized COVID patients. The official protocol includes methyl-prednisone (among other things like anticoagulation, statin, plasma exchange) which is one of the only things that has been found to have an actual mortality benefit in hospitalized covid patients, so who knows how much that alone is driving the effect seen from the entire protocol. I see it as a cheap, easy way to maybe help.

This is not official medical advice. As I said, its just what id personally do if I caught it.

TheIronAsylum

Awards
  • Established
thanks guys i think im on day 5 right now iv been taking alot of what was mentioned

the worst part for me has been when waking up iget extreme cramp in my hamstring /adductor which i was causing like a full body shake this morning and yesterday

i think i pulled it on one of the first fever nights when i woke up to bridge up and roll out of bed i felt a pop feeling in the hammy and now its been doing that for last 2 days kinda worried

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Magnesium supplements are your friend, assuming you’re getting enough sodium & potassium (potassium more likely to be the culprit between those two with an American diet). I recently started up 400mg of Mag a day after a gnarly bout of cramping waking me up from the dead of sleep.