Can anyone help repair my messed up post-propecia bloodwork?

Matt Skiba

Matt Skiba

Awards
My life has really been sucking lately, I know this is an anti-aging forum, but I'm only 20 years old with little to no sex drive. I posted this in the supplements forum and they weren't able to help me out all that much, it seems to me that people here are more informed on HPTA function and renewal and whatnot.

So I was only on finasteride for about 2 weeks for hair loss purposes, any advice given is highly appreciated!

T-3 Total 143.0 ng/dL (80.0 - 178.0)
TPSA (PSA) 0.4 ng/mL (0.0 - 4.0)
TSH 2.55 ulU/ml (0.33 - 5.73)
FT4 1.37 ng/mL (0.77 - 1.61)
T4 7.7 ug/dL (0.5 - 24.0)
Testosterone, Total 529.8 ng/dL (280.0 - 1100.0)
SHBG 27.0 nmol/L (11.0 - 80.0)
DHT 583.0 pg/mL (36.0 - 573.0)
ACTH 5.0 pg/mL (No reference range provided) I've been told this is low and an internet source proves this
LH 5.2 mlU/mL (1.1 - 7.0)
FSH 1.6 mlU/mL (1.7 - 12.0)
Prolactin 6.6 ng/mL (1.8 - 19.5)
Progesterone 1.7 ng/mL (0.1 - 0.6)
Cortisol 14.8 mcg/mL (3.0 - 23.0)
Estradiol 32.0 pg/mL (25.0 - 500.0) or (5.37 - 65.9)
DHEA 318.8 mcg/dL (35.0 - 430.0)

Also I think it might be helpful to state that my HDL level was borderline low.

Once again I highly appreciate any help that you guys can give me.

anyman

Awards
  • Established
I doubt Finistaride (propecia) is your problem.

Your DHT is quite high, which is what propecia is supposed to reduce. I suspect your issues lie elsewhere as you suspect. I could be wrong, of course, but this is my observation.

jaydee

Awards
  • Established
The biggest problem I can see is Progesterone. Its way too high.

Your E is slightly too high also, and your Total T is midrange. Have you had a free T or bioavailable T done?

I would get a urine DHT test to confirm for certain that your DHT is actually high. DHT blood tests on their own dont tell the full story.

What is ACTH?

Matt Skiba

Matt Skiba

Awards
Thanks a lot, this blood test was taken about 2 months ago, so I could imagine things are a bit better, especially considering the fact that spontaneous erections have returned, this is a major plus considering I used to not even be able to perform or enjoy sexual things. I've been taking paravol and reset ad which seems to have helped quite a bit. I am also planning on adding dermacrine sustain. Not to mention I've also quit caffeine.

Things are still not as good as they used to be unfortunately, but I have a feeling and am hopeful they will get back there. Hopefully surpassing how I was originally, cause I could really use that!

If they don't I'll have probably have to make the trip to michigan to see dr john crisler.

Oh and acth is the adrenal hormone.

vincentv

Awards
Hey Matt, I am in the same situation. I took finasteride for five months, and have been off it for around six. Do you have any updates?

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Hey Matt, I am in the same situation. I took finasteride for five months, and have been off it for around six. Do you have any updates?
Note that Matt had a few important tests done.
Have you one any testing?
Post your tests and complains.
Best, start your own thread.