Unanswered Can’t squat deep with heavier weight?

Ptlhains

Ptlhains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Didn’t you just read I break parrell with 315 for reps! When I ask bodybuilders in the gym they tell me I’m doing fine! So that’s why I come on here for more opinions and I can’t squat extremely low with a body weight squat,it’s like my hip flexors won’t are stuck
Ask a powerlifter. The pics u posted show terrible form.

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I had to block out my face so my future coach doesn’t find out I’m on AAS but here is a video had to upload through YouTube
Two big things while squatting, slow down the negative a bit and learn to use your hips. The glutes are one of the strongest muscles you have. Focus on the hips much more than the knees or legs.

elo76

elo76

Awards
  • Established
Not to nit pick, but that plate sure looks like it says 25 instead of 45 when you rack it. I wear glasses though.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
the guy is 6’3... anatomically he just may not be strong suited to squat and has to find what works best for him. you are all being real disrespectful, saying find another hobby or learn how to squat. The guy is most likely stronger than a lot of you and yes he may have some mobility issues, and the advice to fix it is very valid, but he is simply asking about how to improve. No need to be a jerk about it. I would like to think we would all be trying to help one another, but hey I should know better than that I guess. @NATURALLYHARD I am all ears if you want some more advice, feel free to pm me.
This kid has been a real condescending prick in several other threads. I dont understand why anyone would want to help him at this point. He rejects advice he simply doesnt want to hear.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Are you squatting in Tims?

Looks like the knees are caving in. I would highly recommend checking out some tutorials from Max Aita if you want a more vertical squat, and if you want more low bar/wide chad Wesley smith has a great squat tutorial. Then maybe come back with more questions. Just really looks to me like you really are losing force from the floor to the hips.

Just my opinion.

stock28

Awards
  • Established
The video is pretty bad. You need to post one from the side and the front. What I can tell is your form is pretty bad. Your knees are completely caving in on the way up and you’re going to end up with knee problems. Controlled lower and the knees should track out over your feet. Looks like people I see all the time squatting too much weight. Post a better video and it may be possible to determine where your going wrong other than that.

NATURALLYHARD

Awards
  • Established
The video is pretty bad. You need to post one from the side and the front. What I can tell is your form is pretty bad. Your knees are completely caving in on the way up and you’re going to end up with knee problems. Controlled lower and the knees should track out over your feet. Looks like people I see all the time squatting too much weight. Post a better video and it may be possible to determine where your going wrong other than that.
My knees aren’t caving in just the vide
Are you squatting in Tims?

Looks like the knees are caving in. I would highly recommend checking out some tutorials from Max Aita if you want a more vertical squat, and if you want more low bar/wide chad Wesley smith has a great squat tutorial. Then maybe come back with more questions. Just really looks to me like you really are losing force from the floor to the hips.

Just my opinion.
Yah I’m squatting in Tim’s

NATURALLYHARD

Awards
  • Established
And is that low enough

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
They look like they are almost never tracking properly, definitely looked caved to me as well.

That video is trash though. Even if you hadn’t blacked out over half the thing that’s a pretty poor angle.

And is that low enough
Again you are missing the point. Low enough for what? Parallel or lower? No. Plenty low for certain benefits sure (Id prefer lower).

Probably should make this my last response knowing how this goes and how you’ve gotten some decent responses yet the one you quoted was just to tell them you don’t think your knees caved.

Good luck in your squat goals.

NATURALLYHARD

Awards
  • Established
They look like they are almost never tracking properly, definitely looked caved to me as well.

That video is trash though. Even if you hadn’t blacked out over half the thing that’s a pretty poor angle.

Again you are missing the point. Low enough for what? Parallel or lower? No. Plenty low for certain benefits sure (Id prefer lower).

Probably should make this my last response knowing how this goes and how you’ve gotten some decent responses yet the one you quoted was just to tell them you don’t think your knees caved.

Good luck in your squat goals.
What’s ur definition of parrell?mines hip crease aligned with knees!

stock28

Awards
  • Established
They most certainly are not tracking where they should be. Post a good side and front video without the big black blob and we could tell better. Either way, your form doesnt look right. Deep enough is dependent on what you want. Deep enough for powerlifting... no. Deep enough for development.. yes.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I had to block out my face so my future coach doesn’t find out I’m on AAS but here is a video had to upload through YouTube
Is this your wrestling coach that you're talking about? Unless he's a moron and just started coaching and somehow doesn't have his own experience with high school wrestling and other wrestlers, then he's going to or already has figured it out.

StatePlan1425

StatePlan1425

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is this your wrestling coach that you're talking about? Unless he's a moron and just started coaching and somehow doesn't have his own experience with high school wrestling and other wrestlers, then he's going to or already has figured it out.

Bignick31985

Awards
Late to this party, but here is a photo of my squat depth, this morning, on a 315lb single PR.

Squat Depth at PR of 315#
And my hips feel very tight until I get warm. Hope you get the problem fixed so you can further your goals man!

Last edited:

DS3317

Awards
Your ass is too high. No, you’re not parallel. You need to lower the weight and work on forcing your knees out, they are caving in.
Others may or may not agree but I have to use converse or vans when I squat or deadlift so I can almost feel the floor with my feet.
If you’re not going to take advice then don’t ask for any.
One thing that helps me a ton that I learned by listening to John Meadows is working my hamstrings before I squat.

stock28

Awards
  • Established
OP hasn’t been on this thread in over a month. Not uncommon, he starts numerous threads, don’t like the answers he given and leaves.