Calorie deficit after pct

guoshuang

Awards
For instance I finished a bulking cycle with steroid and did a pct, I know that during pct my calories should be at least at maintenance for preserving muscles gained during cycle, my question is that during the off time after pct before you start next cycle is it safe to create a calories deficit and how much to ensure not losing muscle

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
You should eat at maintenance for a few months after pct and try to hold on to what you built. If you diet right away then your gonna loose muscle. Bulk cycle in a surplus, cut cycle in a deficit, off time or cruising is maintenance calories.

After your pct you should have bloodwork done to make sure everything is back to normal range for hormones and health markers, at that point I'd wait about 8 more weeks and start a next cycle.

Over the course of a few years if you have gotten your bloods done regularly you will know what things effect you and that database of bloods will answer all your questions.

The whole time on/time off is completely made up and just a random guess.

If you're not getting blood work done that's probably your best guess.

So your cycle is 6 weeks and your PCT was 4 weeks, now you take 6-10 weeks off and start your next cycle. The longer the better.

But again that's just a guess and no matter how many people try to answer this question for you we're all just guessing