Bulking diet if money is NOT a factor?

MrSecurity

MrSecurity

Awards
Hey everyone. I was wondering and wondering, searching, googling and duckduckgoin' all round the interwebs searching for this question. Everything i find is how to bulk as cheap as possible... But even though i am by no stretch of the word rich i find it quite frustrating that i cannot find any recommendations or diets (besides bigass bodybuilders which is not my goal to achieve) that doesn't just consist of rice, pasta, chicken, eggs and so forth. I am well aware that these foods are good and that being a "hardgainer" has to do with eating in a surplus and maintaining macros not about the taste.
But i will ask this and hope some people will chime in. I am not planning to eat filet mignon on the daylee but i have would like to hear from people that bulks, cuts or whatever diet they do where the cost is not the deciding factor. I will still eat my chicken on the bones though, gotta love that ****.

Keep safe in these weird times friends and friendettes!

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I know this is cliche these days but I have a ton of variety and as long as I stay in track with my macros for the most part I’m good. I get a decent amount of protein intake from shakes but allows me to have more freedom with my meals. Often times I’ll have some sort of take out for dinner which makes it more enjoyable.

Occasionally I will watch the YouTube grocery hauls for “new” ideas but overall high protein and moderate carbs/fat is best for me.

MrSecurity

MrSecurity

Awards
I know this is cliche these days but I have a ton of variety and as long as I stay in track with my macros for the most part I’m good. I get a decent amount of protein intake from shakes but allows me to have more freedom with my meals.

Occasionally I will watch the YouTube grocery hauls for “new” ideas but overall high protein and moderate carbs/fat is best for me.
Thanks for the reply, i am usually depending on my homemade shakes with tasteless protein powder, powdered oats, berries and sødmælk (i guess that would be whole milk in english) and then i just kind of eat whatever x)

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
If MONEY wasn't an issue? Mainly, I'd be buying Lot's of quality meat and fish. Sockeye wild caught salmon, bison, free range chicken breast, lamb, sashimi.

Free range eggs and cartons of pasteurized egg whites

Most carbs are cheap anyway

Fats can be pricey, so I'd choose a high quality unrefined coconut oil, avocados, macadamia nut oil, almonds, etc.

Go with organic vegetables and fruits

High quality whey isolate

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Thanks for the reply, i am usually depending on my homemade shakes with tasteless protein powder, powdered oats, berries and sødmælk (i guess that would be whole milk in english) and then i just kind of eat whatever x)
Goat milk if you have the money

MrSecurity

MrSecurity

Awards
If MONEY wasn't an issue? Mainly, I'd be buying Lot's of quality meat and fish. Sockeye wild caught salmon, bison, free range chicken breast, lamb, sashimi.

Free range eggs and cartons of pasteurized egg whites

Most carbs are cheap anyway

Fats can be pricey, so I'd choose a high quality unrefined coconut oil, avocados, macadamia nut oil, almonds, etc.

Go with organic vegetables and fruits

High quality whey isolate
Thanks for the reply! I grew up on a Økologisk (i guess thats what is reffered to as organic in english) pig farm, and we bought our milk directly from a neighbour farm back as a child and we had hens also. I almost buy anything i can in the most original/natural form like my protein powder i always buy the one without taste addition so i can choose the sugar/calorie content of the shake without getting half of it from the sugars. In regards to almonds and such, i eat peanut butter and i also eat peanuts. The peanuts are usually the salted ones from any kiosk or grocery, but i cant seem to find any reason why not to just eat these instead of almonds, and now i am contradicting myself but peanuts goes for a lot less and looks a lot simmiliar in nutrients. My question to this is, is Almonds recommended because they are f*cking delicious or because they are better? Again thanks for reply!

MrSecurity

MrSecurity

Awards
Goat milk if you have the money
I have actually never tasted goat milk, i have tasted goat cheese and that tasted quite fine. Kind of like feta cheese if my memory serves well. Is goats milk packed with more fats and proteins than cows milk or is it a taste choice?

_Endure_

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I have actually never tasted goat milk, i have tasted goat cheese and that tasted quite fine. Kind of like feta cheese if my memory serves well. Is goats milk packed with more fats and proteins than cows milk or is it a taste choice?
Goats milk is about the same macros as normal cows milk. However it is much more easily digestible and in raw form has some great enzymes for gut health and is very filling. If money was no object I would drink raw goats milk all the time. Most places though don't allow direct raw milk sales so you have to buy online or from a farm co-op etc. and gets pricey quickly i.e. $10 a gallon. It does have a different taste than cows milk, some like it some don't. I personally love it.

Pleonastic

Pleonastic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Its pretty much the same as if money was a factor. You can simply get higher cost brand name ****.

MrSecurity

MrSecurity

Awards
Goats milk is about the same macros as normal cows milk. However it is much more easily digestible and in raw form has some great enzymes for gut health and is very filling. If money was no object I would drink raw goats milk all the time. Most places though don't allow direct raw milk sales so you have to buy online or from a farm co-op etc. and gets pricey quickly i.e. $10 a gallon. It does have a different taste than cows milk, some like it some don't. I personally love it.
Thanks for elaborating! Here in Denmark i am pretty sure it's raw milk we get when buying Økologisk Whole Milk. But i dont see why i shouldnt try tasting some of that goat jizz. I mean goat milk! From a female goat!

MrSecurity

MrSecurity

Awards
Er.... 7000 calories per day of caviar.
Why would anyone do that even if they were rich.. But i guess it's an easy way to get a higher post count to just reply with an answer that i suppose, was meant to be funny? But i was actually asking, and i did specify that i was not rich by any stretch of the word. If you think the question was stupid and that was your reason to reply like that, then why would you take time out of your day to answer with a stupid answer?

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Your right, I was just trying to be funny ... To be honest though my diet remains pretty much the same for cutting or bulking I just add more off everything if bulking and raise the carb to protein ratio. Ends up being more oatmeal, maybe peanut butter and rice etc. I guess if money was no object I would get more nice cuts of steak over just cheaper chicken etc. But it's not because I think the more expensive meat would do a better job just would be for taste. I find that by not mixing things up too much the diet is easier to tweak when required.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
@Wobmarvel lol,thanks for the laugh!!!!

Pleonastic

Pleonastic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well that was... Helpful... xD
I'm just saying, I don't think there is really a much better expensive way to get the results you want food wise. It's just like instead of frozen fish sticks you can buy actual fish, instead of chicken nuggets, you can buy grilled chicken. That kinda thing. Maybe that is even answering your questions.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I'm just saying, I don't think there is really a much better expensive way to get the results you want food wise. It's just like instead of frozen fish sticks you can buy actual fish, instead of chicken nuggets, you can buy grilled chicken. That kinda thing. Maybe that is even answering your questions.
I don't know what they put in mcnuggets, but they sure are tasty...probably not good for you but nice for a treat.

Pleonastic

Pleonastic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't know what they put in mcnuggets, but they sure are tasty...probably not good for you but nice for a treat.
I gave up mcdonalds like 5 years ago, but yea I loved those back then. I still eat fast food just not Mcdonalds.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Great advice so far.
Fresh everything.

One more thing.
Never chicken McNuggets.

Scroll to play pink slime.
Enjoy.
lol...I abused a ton of illegal drugs back in the 70's...be willing to bet those drugs had way worse stuff in them than mcnuggets, and I am more healthy than many 20-30 years my junior. want to do a pushup contest, lol.

MrSecurity

MrSecurity

Awards
lol...I abused a ton of illegal drugs back in the 70's...be willing to bet those drugs had way worse stuff in them than mcnuggets, and I am more healthy than many 20-30 years my junior. want to do a pushup contest, lol.
I was amazed when i was at the doctors to get checked for testicular cancer, just to be safe. I have been an alcoholic and abused drugs for almost 10 years of my life in the not so distant past and my liver was completely fine and i only had elevated blood pressure to the point that it could be attributed to me being nervous about the cancer check. I guess i've lucked out hard in that department! Edit: And i didn't have cancer either ^^

Last edited:

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Organic everything. Grass fed meats exclusively. Wild caught fish. And since money isn't a problem in this scenario, I'd be eating a lot of fresh tuna and scallops.

MrSecurity

MrSecurity

Awards
Organic everything. Grass fed meats exclusively. Wild caught fish. And since money isn't a problem in this scenario, I'd be eating a lot of fresh tuna and scallops.
I have a lot of camping trips coming up this spring and summer, i really should go get my fishing license because i remember loving it as a kid, fresh caught cod coupled with corn on the cob, thats a lot of c's but def nice on a campfire with some baked potatoes.. I think i should go raid the fridge right now i am suddenly very hungry ^^

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I have a lot of camping trips coming up this spring and summer, i really should go get my fishing license because i remember loving it as a kid, fresh caught cod coupled with corn on the cob, thats a lot of c's but def nice on a campfire with some baked potatoes.. I think i should go raid the fridge right now i am suddenly very hungry ^^
corn on the cob cooked over a charcoal grill is amazing...to hell with propane grills might as well put in broiler in the oven!!!