John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is it true bodybuilders (and people who eat very healthy) dont have to brusgh their teeth as much as regular people because we get so much calcuim, nutrients etc into our system?

i know this sounds incredibly nasty but i was just wondering because i brush every night but sometimes if im buisy or just dead tired ...i figure that the healthy eating will take care of it and one night of missing it is no big deal. just dont let it become a habit

M

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
the reason you brush your teeth is to mechanically remove the bacteria that are found in your mouth. Clean eating could change the envirnoment that is found in the mouth but give the bacteria a couple of days, and they would be right back at it

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Is it true bodybuilders (and people who eat very healthy) dont have to brusgh their teeth as much as regular people because we get so much calcuim, nutrients etc into our system?

i know this sounds incredibly nasty but i was just wondering because i brush every night but sometimes if im buisy or just dead tired ...i figure that the healthy eating will take care of it and one night of missing it is no big deal. just dont let it become a habit
Forgetting to brush your teeth every once in a while is not a problem but eating clean will not prevent plaque and gingivitus (sp?). Bottom line is brush your teeth atleast twice a day and floss.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Brushing your teeth is a given. As has been said before, it helps clean the mouth of natural bacteria present in the mouth plus its just a pure and simple healthy thing to do, which is a big part of bodybuilding...... health.

U

UberPooper1

Awards
  • Established
dude, just brush your teeth. takes like two minutes. do two good brushed (one morning, one night) and one quick brush midday. floss at night. not too hard.

S

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
And what about wiping after dropping a good healthy deuce? I mean I eat a lot of fiber, so I can skip a wipe now and then, right?

I'm just busting your balls bro! LOL. I'm actually wondering where you got this info from though...???

S

statuz

Banned
Awards
:run:

i would almost think opposite of that, infact i would think the majority of bb'ers might have more stench in their breath then regular pepole who do not regularly consume large amounts of protein, etc. dont forget all the vitamins and **** you take (you knwo that tastes nasty when you burp) and what about flax seed oil, you know that **** is nasty on the breath.

B

Brent

Banned
Awards
  • Established
:run:
i would almost think opposite of that, infact i would think the majority of bb'ers might have more stench in their breath then regular pepole who do not regularly consume large amounts of protein, etc. dont forget all the vitamins and **** you take (you knwo that tastes nasty when you burp) and what about flax seed oil, you know that **** is nasty on the breath.

Keep in mind that we stay away from sugar. Probably one positive thing. hehe

B

brandozzz

Awards

i hope i never spot you :run:

P

phil216

Awards
  • Established
I brush and floss like 4 times a day but I'm a bit neurotic, also make sure you go to the dentist for cleanings every 6 months. Gum disease is a pain in the ass, beilieve me I had oral surgery because of it and the **** hurts like hell.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Man, this place is just getting out of hand....

:rofl:mad: stxnas

Socrates44

Socrates44

Awards
  • Established

The reaosn you probably heard this because of the bacterias role in the production of cavities. You could have sh!t loads of bacteria in your mouth and as long as you dont eat sugar or carbs you wont get any cavities. You will have blood poisoning and heart problems, but no cavitites. When the bacteria in your mouth metabolizes carbohydrates it produces an acid. The acid in big enough quanities is strong enough to eat through your layer of enamel on your teeth.