Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
anyone else having trouble finding this...i checked and it looks like there is no recall that i could find?

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
No bronkaid or primatine tablets.. RIP eca stack..

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Last time I bought it, I did so at Walmart. You have to ask for it and must show ID to purchase it (that is in CA).

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Same here in Louisiana.. I've been to every pharmacy within probably a 20 mile radius.. Nobody has it & they don't know if they're getting any more.

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Picked some up the other day in south Florida, who knows. It was the max too.

Stern3657

Awards
I picked up a few weeks ago in PA and they seemed to have a lot.

mx3jice

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Same thing happening in NJ. I've been popping into different pharmacies for over week and after the 6+ I've attempted to find it in, all have zero primatene or bronkaid and claim they are not positice if they will be restocking either.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Grabbed some at my cvs (fort worth) just this past Friday night

BeardedBreast

BeardedBreast

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The new one I bought most recently, is in new packaging and does not contain the GlucGarbage in it.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
glad to hear this, it has been out at krogers phamacy, walmart and walgreens...i will keep checking...

btw-i'm in indiana

BeardedBreast

BeardedBreast

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
glad to hear this, it has been out at krogers phamacy, walmart and walgreens...i will keep checking...

btw-i'm in indiana
Walgreens in Iowa has been the only place I've been finding it.

totalpackage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
walgreens is my usual place-they sell the big 60 count box there. going to be off quarantine for covid tomorrow will see if they have any then, sucks depending on others to run my errands, lol.
Check CVS that's where I bought mine a few months ago in NY and all I had to do is
show by Drivers License and it was $16 for 60 tabs and just use it sparingly to boost
certain pre's so a box will last long for me.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Check CVS that's where I bought mine a few months ago in NY and all I had to do is
show by Drivers License and it was $16 for 60 tabs and just use it sparingly to boost
certain pre's so a box will last long for me.
lol...i have been using bronkaid for many, many years now-i know HOW to buy it :)

called walgreens, walmart, cvs and krogers all of them are out of both bronkaid and primatene.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
They have been out in my area at Walgreens. The stupid cards in the isle are there so you get to still think you can buy it and you get to wait in line to find out they are out(at least the first time.) I have not checked walmart or CVS as they are not on my route.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
They have been out in my area at Walgreens. The stupid cards in the isle are there so you get to still think you can buy it and you get to wait in line to find out they are out(at least the first time.) I have not checked walmart or CVS as they are not on my route.
i am in covid quarantine until tomorrow so i have been CALLING around...no where here in my area has any.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
every pharmacy in San Diego has been out for months
one of the walgreens i called said they sold the last box a hour before....so there is still hope!!!

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I actually just scored two boxes at Walmart in San Diego - they said they had 5 this morning and now they’re all gone

btw: these are smaller boxes 24ct rather than 30...I’ll have to examine them to see if anything else had changed

Last edited:
Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I actually just scored two boxes at Walmart in San Diego - they said they had 5 this morning and now they’re all gone

btw: these are smaller boxes 24ct rather than 30...I’ll have to examine them to see if anything else had changed
Interesting, I thought the limit was one box at a time or per month or something to that effect ?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Interesting, I thought the limit was one box at a time or per month or something to that effect ?
i think that limit only applies to the large 60 count boxes?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

i usually get the 60 count, but i thought the smaller boxes have always been 24 count???

at any rate nice score-they are going fast when they do get some in it appears!!!

RIPDanDuchaine

RIPDanDuchaine

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I emailed Bronkaid to see if they are still selling the Max formula. Will reply when I get a response.

RIPDanDuchaine

RIPDanDuchaine

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dear XXXXXXX,

Thank you for contacting BRONKAID® with your inquiry. We sincerely appreciate your interest in our company and we are always pleased to hear from our consumers.

We are sorry to hear that you are not able to find BRONKAID® Max. You may wish to try your local retailers in your neighborhood such as: Walgreens, CVS, or Rite Aid. Please note that BRONKAID® will be located behind the pharmacy counter for purchase. We hope to have availability at Walmart retailers soon.

While some retailers may not wish to stock this particular product, we recommend inquiring with your local pharmacy directly about placing a special order for BRONKAID®. We have found that most retailers will base their purchasing decisions on consumer interest.

Sincerely,

Ariel Davis
Representative, BRONKAID® Information Line
Foundation Consumer Healthcare
1-855-565-9800
HTTP://WWW.BRONKAID.COM/

So, they're still making it. They're just saying some retailers don't want to carry it.

RIPDanDuchaine

RIPDanDuchaine

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wanted to make sure everyone saw the response from Bronkaid.

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Had tondrive a little, but it was worth it!! The Walgreens was getting low and didn't have any primatine tablets.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Had tondrive a little, but it was worth it!! The Walgreens was getting low and didn't have any primatine tablets.
yeah, my walgreens is still carrying it but only ordering small amounts and it is going quickly.

RIPDanDuchaine

RIPDanDuchaine

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The email from Bronkaid I got said you should ask the pharmacist to order Bronkaid Max if you can't find it, and they will order some for you. It hasn't been discontinued or banned, just some stores aren't stocking it.

Bigmac2013

Bigmac2013

Awards
I've never used brand name Bronkaid but have used the Walgreens generic brand (I believe it is a knock-off of Primatene) and it has Ephedrine HCL 12.5mg and Guaifenesin 200mg. Works pretty well although I think the Guaifenesin takes the edge off the Ephedrine as it has a bit of a sedative effect which can be a good or bad thing depending on your preference.

Stocked up right as COVID hit as I figured it would be the perfect drug to have on hand in case I got it...it opens up the Bronchioles in the lungs and facilitates breathing and the Guaifenesin helps with the productivity of phlegm and cough. I anticipated that because this would be one of the few effective OTC drugs on the market for COVID symptoms, the govt. would promptly remove it from the shelves, if for no other reason than they have a tendency to ban anything OTC that actually works.

I will check Walgreens in my area to see if they have any and will report back.

RIPDanDuchaine

RIPDanDuchaine

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've never used brand name Bronkaid but have used the Walgreens generic brand (I believe it is a knock-off of Primatene) and it has Ephedrine HCL 12.5mg and Guaifenesin 200mg. Works pretty well although I think the Guaifenesin takes the edge off the Ephedrine as it has a bit of a sedative effect which can be a good or bad thing depending on your preference.

Stocked up right as COVID hit as I figured it would be the perfect drug to have on hand in case I got it...it opens up the Bronchioles in the lungs and facilitates breathing and the Guaifenesin helps with the productivity of phlegm and cough. I anticipated that because this would be one of the few effective OTC drugs on the market for COVID symptoms, the govt. would promptly remove it from the shelves, if for no other reason than they have a tendency to ban anything OTC that actually works.

I will check Walgreens in my area to see if they have any and will report back.
Yeah, ephedrine and Guaifenesin is a great combo as a bronchodilator. When I get stuffed up, I usually take 12 hour Sudafed, which has pseudoephedrine and isn't as stimulating. Plus ephedrine only lasts about 4-6 hours (according to rxlist.com). I noticed they even sell a 24 hour Sudafed now.

There was some talk back in the day about using pseuephedrine as a stimulant to replace ephedrine to stimulate the BMR, but I don't believe it ever panned out.

But, pick up some Bronkaid Max. If they don't have it, ask your pharmacist to order it for you. The lady that answered my email said pharmacies stock stuff based on demand. So, if enough people ask for it, they'll start carrying it.

Bigmac2013

Bigmac2013

Awards
I forgot to mention that I actually did end up getting COVID around 3 weeks ago :LOL:. I'm fully recovered now but can verify that the Ephedrine/Guaifenesin combo was incredibly helpful. Losing my ability to smell or taste for a week and a half was the worst part. Nothing tasted good except ice cream.

RIPDanDuchaine

RIPDanDuchaine

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I forgot to mention that I actually did end up getting COVID around 3 weeks ago :LOL:. I'm fully recovered now but can verify that the Ephedrine/Guaifenesin combo was incredibly helpful. Losing my ability to smell or taste for a week and a half was the worst part. Nothing tasted good except ice cream.
Did you confirm it was COVID with a test or are you just guessing you had it?

Bigmac2013

Bigmac2013

Awards
Did you confirm it was COVID with a test or are you just guessing you had it?
Confirmed positive with a test. Also I have never lost my sense of smell like that before with any other cold or flu virus. It's very distinct. I had a strong smell of ammonia and then my nostrils tingled for about a day and then shortly after lost all sense of smell. Virus apparently attacks the olfactory nerves in the nose and kills off some of the supporting cells. Takes a few days to a few weeks to return. I took high dose of Acetyl-l Carnitine and it seemed to speed recovery.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, ephedrine and Guaifenesin is a great combo as a bronchodilator. When I get stuffed up, I usually take 12 hour Sudafed, which has pseudoephedrine and isn't as stimulating. Plus ephedrine only lasts about 4-6 hours (according to rxlist.com). I noticed they even sell a 24 hour Sudafed now.

There was some talk back in the day about using pseuephedrine as a stimulant to replace ephedrine to stimulate the BMR, but I don't believe it ever panned out.

But, pick up some Bronkaid Max. If they don't have it, ask your pharmacist to order it for you. The lady that answered my email said pharmacies stock stuff based on demand. So, if enough people ask for it, they'll start carrying it.
i think they took them off the shelf and discontinued...but those little red sudafed pills were closest thing to amphetamine i've tried...i've used a lot of stims in my day and a lot of prescription amphetamines and those little red pills would jack me up.

RIPDanDuchaine

RIPDanDuchaine

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i think they took them off the shelf and discontinued...but those little red sudafed pills were closest thing to amphetamine i've tried...i've used a lot of stims in my day and a lot of prescription amphetamines and those little red pills would jack me up.
I contacted Bronkaid directly and you can see the email above. They did not discontinue the product. You need to ask your pharmacist to order it for you and they can get it. Just ask them if they can order Bronkaid Max for you and they'll have it in a few days.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I contacted Bronkaid directly and you can see the email above. They did not discontinue the product. You need to ask your pharmacist to order it for you and they can get it. Just ask them if they can order Bronkaid Max for you and they'll have it in a few days.
if you had read my post you would have known it was in reference to little red sudafed pills.

RIPDanDuchaine

RIPDanDuchaine

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
if you had read my post you would have known it was in reference to little red sudafed pills.
Right, I'm familiar with them. If you bought them from behind the pharmacy, those are pseudoephedrine, which I believe I talked about a bit above.

If you bought them OTC then they're phenylepherine which is total garbage.

mx3jice

Awards
  • First Up Vote
My local walgreens and cvs both have told me they cannot order me bronkaid or primatene. They will not provide any reason for not stocking or ordering them. This effin sucks... wtf

johnny412

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Right, I'm familiar with them. If you bought them from behind the pharmacy, those are pseudoephedrine, which I believe I talked about a bit above.

If you bought them OTC then they're phenylepherine which is total garbage.

no **** sherlock why dont you just state the obvious smdh

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
As alternative to ephedra, I used to also use Bitter Orange (citrus aurantium), and it seemed effective, although it has been a long time ago. The stuff I used was standardized for synephrine, and it seemed a bit less harsh, and left me feeling less jittery. I believe it is still widely available.

Last edited:

johnny412

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
people are not idiots in here!.....oh wait.....:ROFLMAO::p:LOL:

johnny412

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
yeah, my walgreens is still carrying it but only ordering small amounts and it is going quickly.
havent been able to find bronkaid in middle tennessee either. had to settle for primatine

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
SUDAFED® Sinus Congestion
Maximum strength non-drowsy decongestant temporarily relieves sinus pressure and congestion. Each tablet contains 30 mg of pseudoephedrine HCl, a nasal decongestant for powerful symptom relief.