Broken finger

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Anyone ever had pins put in their finger? Looking like I'm in need of that in the tip of my pinky, broke it pretty good playing softball

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How dare you sir. Beer league softball is serious business

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh yea. I thought the how dare you sir implied that, lol

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
And the implications of softball being serious.

napalm

napalm

Awards
I had pins in my pinky through the first joint. It doesn't close now, but it's never bothered me grip wise or anything like that..

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
First as in the tip? That's what I'm facing it looks like. How was the procedure?

Dirty Dan

Dirty Dan

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
First you blow out your shoulder a few years ago, and now you break your pinky playing "softball". Seems like one big cover up for the frantic amount of masturbating you probably do, and the injuries that come along with it.

napalm

napalm

Awards
First as in the tip? That's what I'm facing it looks like. How was the procedure?
Yep, basically fused the joint together. The tip doesn't move (insert d.ick joke here!)

The procedure was nothing. Walking around bumping the two pins that stick out an inch on everything sucked...

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The pins sticking out sounds horrible, specially with a 2 year old

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So yep, shattered it they said. Scheduling surgery for the pins soon

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yep, mine too. Shattered and tore a tendon

JG93

JG93

Awards
Mine 3, I said screw the pins.
Except mine was in the middle joint.
I am able to function it now.
A bit sore at times.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So got my pins out a week ago and they splinted it now for another 2 1/2 weeks. I'm worried that tendon is gonna freeze up being immobilized that long. I already try to bend it some and that top knuckle just won't bend. Kinda worried this is gonna drag on much longer than I hoped.

bert45

bert45

Banned
Awards
Anyone ever had pins put in their finger? Looking like I'm in need of that in the tip of my pinky, broke it pretty good playing softball
Stick your finger in a milfs warm ashole nice little heat therapy.

JG93

JG93

Awards
So got my pins out a week ago and they splinted it now for another 2 1/2 weeks. I'm worried that tendon is gonna freeze up being immobilized that long. I already try to bend it some and that top knuckle just won't bend. Kinda worried this is gonna drag on much longer than I hoped.
Give it at least a week splinted.
Epsom salt hot water and soak it.
Do that as much as you can.
Use some kind of run to penetrate the skin and work it.
After your week, start with mild vibration, then work into a little ball squeezing. (Make sure the ball is big enough that you can squeeze your hand closed that much, just barely closed.
It will be really sore..
Don't over do it as you don't want to **** it up. With that said, you definitely don't want to let it freeze up either.
Keep us updated, hope this goes well.