Unanswered Boyfriend acting different on steroids..

_Y13S

Awards
Hey so my boyfriend has used steroids in the past but usually has used Deca (pardon my steroid talk-i’m a total newbie to all this lol) before we had started dating. Since we started seeing eachother almost 10 months ago he has changed dramatically these past two weeks. He went from being a super loving, super affectionate and caring man to being very distant, angry, negative and depressed. Alongside the steroid use, he is also very upset about some family issues he’s been going through and says he feels as thought his life is a mess at the moment and that he’s very stressed, upset, and angry all the time. He knows i’m here for him and support him thru whatever he does, including the roids but i feel as thought i’ve been completely neglected the past two weeks since he changed his dosage and steroid. He switched to Tren and uses something called T400 with it and has doubled his dosage as well. I’m not sure what to do in this situation because I have been very understanding of his emotional instability as of late and just want to get back to how we used to be. We also haven’t seen eachother since he started tren(2 weeks) as he has been isolating himself from me and even a lot of his friends because he says he does not want to lose control of his anger on anyone. He pretty much went from being super in love and a little clingy to completely distant. I just want him to feel better and have our relationship go back to normal even while he is on these steroids but i have no idea what i could do to make him reduce the distance between us:(? Would anyone know what i could do or say to have him go back to being normal with me?

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
In the mean time, keep distance if. If he is isolating himself like that out of what harm he could do even his friends, just go hang out with family, or friends that you have.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
If you’re kind enough to accept his use of steroid he should at least have enough respect for you to not run something like tren if he knows it’s gonna change him. I mean alot of people love steroids I get that... like I’m on year round basically but I would never keep running something that’s damaging my relationship and hurting my loved one. I think your boyfriend is an idiot and you should definitely keep distance.

_Y13S

Awards
If you’re kind enough to accept his use of steroid he should at least have enough respect for you to not run something like tren if he knows it’s gonna change him. I mean alot of people love steroids I get that... like I’m on year round basically but I would never keep running something that’s damaging my relationship and hurting my loved one. I think your boyfriend is an idiot and you should definitely keep distance.
I feel like if i keep my distance he’s going to start losing interest in me or something because of how much these roids are screwing with his head...I’m very much in love but also very hurt so i don’t know what to do to get his genuine attention and love back:(

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
It’s really nice of you to come here and ask for help and you seem like a very good girlfriend but the truth is if your boyfriend let himself go that low he doesn’t know how to use roids and he should not use em. You’re right his head is all fucked up from the tren and that he could do whatever that’s why I’m saying you should keep distance. Only thing I can think of is to be completly honest and tell him how you feel. How he’s not the same and that you’re scared and all this is ruining your relationship. If he cares about you he’ll drop the tren right away. If he doesn’t well I think you got your answer unfortinutaly.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
There’s more than just steroids going on here with him.
I am loving, gentle and kind to my girl no matter what drugs I’m using. He’s distancing himself for a reason.
And why would he avoid family and friends for fear of losing his ****? 99% of my encounters with loved ones are pleasant ones where there would be no possibility of anger or violence.
He may not be the one sadly.
If he is the one, he will happily stop something that’s damaging a relationship that he hopefully values somewhere near as much as you do.
You seem like a catch and a guy that would deserve you wouldn’t be making you feel like this so he can get “ripped brah”
Hope this works out for you.

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Sounds like he cares more about steroids and building his body than he does about you. I would never for a second allow this to happen with a gf, loved one, friend or anyone else. This is not normal

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I feel like if i keep my distance he’s going to start losing interest in me or something because of how much these roids are screwing with his head...I’m very much in love but also very hurt so i don’t know what to do to get his genuine attention and love back:(
Do not bind yourself to him. Know your worth. If he loves you, he won't lose interest due to distance. I have friends I have not seen or talked to in a long time. I think on them, I love them; distance and time are nothing to true friends.

TheSuppGuy

TheSuppGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Alcohol is legal and it ruins lifes every day. Don’t blame the product blame the people.
I know. But I still think alcohol is way safer, compared to steroids. Why are steroids illegal and not alcohol? Do you think they made the wrong descicions?

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I know. But I still think alcohol is way safer, compared to steroids. Why are steroids illegal and not alcohol? Do you think they made the wrong descicions?
Oooh oooh ooh pick me! Pick me!
I know the answer!

Because governments don’t care about people. Particularly the American government. They make decisions based on money, money to keep their gigantic shitty corporation afloat.
And they want to watch their sports with everyone hitting the baseball far without using steroids.
If their were enough that wanted to use them(a large enough demand) and they could sell them to us, they would be legal in a heartbeat.

Oh wait, steroids are legal. You simply just need to go to a Men’s anti aging clinic or now even women’s health clinic(that’s right women are getting it for libido wand weight loss now) and do a little tapdance and pay $100 a week, and Tada! You have a legal script now for steroids.
Wouldn’t it be weird if they were somehow involved in this.
Like, what if the same politicians that made these laws sat on the board of directors for the same pharmaceutical giants that actually manufacture these drugs and pay health clinic doctors kickbacks to prescribe them.
That would be so weird.
Just like weed, or alcohol.
As soon as the government can make money on it, they will make it legal.
Making what they make legal and illegal in the first place, not a concern of mine when I decide what I want to use.

_Y13S

Awards
There’s more than just steroids going on here with him.
I am loving, gentle and kind to my girl no matter what drugs I’m using. He’s distancing himself for a reason.
And why would he avoid family and friends for fear of losing his ****? 99% of my encounters with loved ones are pleasant ones where there would be no possibility of anger or violence.
He may not be the one sadly.
If he is the one, he will happily stop something that’s damaging a relationship that he hopefully values somewhere near as much as you do.
You seem like a catch and a guy that would deserve you wouldn’t be making you feel like this so he can get “ripped brah”
Hope this works out for you.
He’s damaging the relationship very badly it’s hanging on by a thread at this point. Since i’ve made this post it’s gotten even worse and i’ve tried to remain positive for his sake and keep all of our texts and such positive but now he won’t even msg me back and doesn’t care when i tell him how i’ve been feeling... I feel like he’s cheating at this point and don’t even know how to confront him now considering he won’t even answer a phone call from me or a text unless he feels like it and hasn’t seen me in 3 weeks now:( He’s just become someone i don’t even recognize and i’m so depressed with him but i feel like if i leave him with all this stuff going on i’ll be even more depressed without him, very stuck..

_Y13S

Awards
Sounds like he cares more about steroids and building his body than he does about you. I would never for a second allow this to happen with a gf, loved one, friend or anyone else. This is not normal
He’s made it very clear that his only priority right now is himself and getting bigger..:(

_Y13S

Awards
He’s made it very clear that his only priority right now is himself and getting bigger..:(
He needs to drop the tren. Sounds like he in an unstable place to be taking such high levels of androgens.
He does need to drop it but he won’t and he’s increased his space from me even more as he’s increased his dosage this week.. He was very tolerable on deca but tren has completely changed everything.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Sorry but but at this point you can’t just blame tren or the cycle he’s on. NO man whatever the **** he’s on would do this to a girl he loves. I’m truly sorry to say that but he does not love you anymore. He probably cheated on you or he’s talking to other girls but he clearly does not love or respect you at all. You NEED to move on. I know for some people it’s hard to give up but if you have any love and respect for yourself just stop msging him.YOU should be the one not answering him if he ever msg you back because he’s the fucking idiot. You cant chase people that don’t care about you and don’t respect you no matter how hard it is.

Last edited:
Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I know you don’t want to hear this right now but there is plenty of men out there who just want a chance to love a woman and give her everything. You deserve a man that’s gonna make you his priority.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I agree that this guy needs to stop his cycle. If nothing else just knowing he needs to be away from people or he may blow up on them is ridiculous. I don't run highly androgenic gear because I know it causes me to get a little too aggressive. It is part of the responsibility of using gear. Use it to get to your goals but not if you can't do it without hurting your relationships.

For example I am in the middle of a home renovation, lots of stress. I lost some ground not lifting as much so I started an oral cycle about 2 weeks ago to get myself back up to snuff quickly. I noticed I was not handling myself appropriately and was being an over aggressive ass. Getting frustrated too easily and yelling a lot more than normal. I stopped the cycle as soon as I realized that the combination of the situation, and the gear was a bit more than I could handle and still be the husband and father that I know I should be. It wasn't even a hard decision, it was simple and obvious what the right thing was to do. So I did it.

Second don't devalue yourself to the point of accepting unacceptable behavior because you feel some sort of way about this guy. Maybe he needs you to leave him to realize what he is doing. Maybe just the ultimatum would be enough to get him to change his mind but if he won't even pick up a phone anymore I would just let him know it is over. Maybe he get's his crap together, maybe not but either way you take back control of your situation instead of being a victim to it.

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
He is probably banging some other chick and using it as a excuse.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
These are all normal effects of high test. That's what it does to you. Of course, if he can't control it, it makes sense to back off the dose, cut the tren, and manage estrogen (fastest way to get depressed on cycle is high E2.) If he does have high estro, you may have also noticed a recent libido spike, or the tren may have attenuated it. But tren is very dark around the edges, i wouldn't touch the stuff.

If you know he really cares about you, not just maybe, and you want to retain him as your BF, then perhaps just try to be supportive and understanding until it's over? (that's what guys have to do for their hormonal GF's 1 wk out of every month, lol.) Maybe he's needed to work these family problems out for awhile and this cycle has finally catalyzed that. Life has rough spots, but they still have to be worked out at some point, ya know?

Last edited:
Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
But tren is very dark around the edges, i wouldn't touch the stuff.
If I were him, I would drop the test dose to a TRT level and run the tren!

So amazing like that, I never get any sides that way other than needing a sexual release 3x a day, a very smooth confident alpha feeling, and lowered anxiety. It’s only when test is run high with tren that it causes problems!

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
If I were him, I would drop the test dose to a TRT level and run the tren!

So amazing like that, I never get any sides that way other than needing a sexual release 3x a day, a very smooth confident alpha feeling, and lowered anxiety. It’s only when test is run high with tren that it causes problems!
Oh yeah, i feel ya bro! I've had that feeling about a LOT of hormones too. :) 150mg Tren Ace solo daily, awesomeness (when I was in my 30s.) And Deca also, man, that was the choosen one. Very hard and vasular, and lean, just like test but without the pimples! Then my new true love turned into a mistress from hell, lol.

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh yeah, i feel ya bro! I've had that feeling about a LOT of hormones too. :) 150mg Tren Ace solo daily, awesomeness (when I was in my 30s.) And Deca also, man, that was the choosen one. Very hard and vasular, and lean, just like test but without the pimples! Then my new true love turned into a mistress from hell, lol.
Nice! I’ve tried cruising on medium doses of singular compounds, but I don’t have the discipline for that I recently was cruising on 150mg of trest ace, but quickly turned into 200mg of trest ace, 200mg of NPP, and 10mg daily SD (running this now). Turning 42 this year. I do maybe 2 blasts a year, and cruise on 120mg test the rest of the time.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Nice! I’ve tried cruising on medium doses of singular compounds, but I don’t have the discipline for that I recently was cruising on 150mg of trest ace, but quickly turned into 200mg of trest ace, 200mg of NPP, and 10mg daily SD (running this now). Turning 42 this year. I do maybe 2 blasts a year, and cruise on 120mg test the rest of the time.
I can totally relate my friend. :)

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I’ve talked to guys before who were running tren. They were lean, jacked, vascular and I have no doubt that they get legit gear. However, their demeanor was calm yet focused. Never overly aggressive and extremely nice and happy when talking to them. How come some people don’t get aggressive or change when on tren when others do?

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I’ve talked to guys before who were running tren. They were lean, jacked, vascular and I have no doubt that they get legit gear. However, their demeanor was calm yet focused. Never overly aggressive and extremely nice and happy when talking to them. How come some people don’t get aggressive or change when on tren when others do?
Simply put. Temperament.
Imagine how someone talks about a parent that was an alcoholic. It was either, “they were abusive and violent” or “I was always having to pick them up from the bar or drag them to bed, it was so embarrassing”
When you take certain things that relax your inhibitions or lower your threshold of who you really are that you hide carefully every day, the real you comes out.
I’ve always been a liar, I work very hard to be truthful all the time no matter what. Back when I used to drink, the real me came right out, I lied constantly.
But I’ve always been mild tempered, no childhood abuse, just a mellow person.
Steroids make me slightly irritable, and not by much.
If you are someone that’s prone to being a violent psycho, steroids will certainly bring it out, whereas if you weren’t taking them, you could do a much better job hiding it and keeping it in check.

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I agree with the above, but some AAS does make me a bit of a mess!! High doses of dien makes me crazy but in a hype kind of ultra impulsive way, and desoxy-test (cyp and ace) both made me terrible, in a dark, anxious way. Tren seems to love me. Treats me so well.

Rubisean

Rubisean

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I got news fer ya sugga britches....
If he is a dick on gear , he has the same tendencies off gear and it is only a matter of time before you see this first hand.

Many people use gear as an excuse to be an ass, fact of the matter is if he cannot curb his emotions he has bigger problems.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
If he is a dick on gear , he has the same tendencies off gear and it is only a matter of time before you see this first hand.

Many people use gear as an excuse to be an ass, fact of the matter is if he cannot curb his emotions he has bigger problems.
Basically.
Abusive people are rarely abusive upfront.
Their guard comes down and the real them comes out. Slowly and progressively over time

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Ain’t this the damn truth

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established

You guys still don't get it. Yeah, a dick is a dick, but it's not that simple. This is a animal physiology phenomena that applies to primates as well. Hormones don't exaggerate behavior per say, but intended to literally CHANGE behavior, giving cues about proper mate selection and breading times, social arrangements, etc.. I don't care who you are or what kind of demeanor you have naturally, when you jack your hormones past natural there will be consequences at the pertinent receptor. Not all genomic either, some are almost immediate. I've known guys who popped 2 Halotestins under their tounge before every workout, just to get their head right, and if you've ever known a Halo user, or tried enough different kinds of gear yourself, then you know what I'm talking about!

Androsterone is one of those for me. It doesn't make me an a-hole i don't think (any more than usual i suppose, lol) but it shortens my fuse for sure, and admitting it is being aware of it is half the battle.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
To OP - respectfully, I would suggest you look at the boundaries you want to have in your life, and the minimal level of respect you will accept/endure from others, and then ask yourself why you would ever allow anyone to regularly treat you in ways that violate those boundaries or do not meet those minimum expectations.

Regardless of cause.

In most cases people are more inclined to behave poorly when others allow them to. If you do not want to be an audience to behavior you object to, then remove yourself. That way, whatever behavior you accept is your choice.

Last edited:
DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
To OP - respectfully, I would suggest you look at the boundaries you want to have in your life, and the minimal level of respect you will accept/endure from others, and then ask yourself why you would ever allow anyone to regularly treat you in ways that violate those boundaries or do not meet those minimum expectations.

Regardless of cause.

In most cases people are more inclined to behave poorly when others allow them to. If you do not want to be an audience to behavior you object to, then remove yourself. That way, whatever behavior you accept is your choice.
Exactly what he said! lol
Such succinct and perfect rhetoric. You are truly a literary master when nobody is watching, B. Can I book you for a counseling session? :)

Rubisean

Rubisean

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
You guys still don't get it. Yeah, a dick is a dick, but it's not that simple. This is a animal physiology phenomena that applies to primates as well. Hormones don't exaggerate behavior per say, but intended to literally CHANGE behavior, giving cues about proper mate selection and breading times, social arrangements, etc.. I don't care who you are or what kind of demeanor you have naturally, when you jack your hormones past natural there will be consequences at the pertinent receptor. Not all genomic either, some are almost immediate. I've known guys who popped 2 Halotestins under their tounge before every workout, just to get their head right, and if you've ever known a Halo user, or tried enough different kinds of gear yourself, then you know what I'm talking about!

Androsterone is one of those for me. It doesn't make me an a-hole i don't think (any more than usual i suppose, lol) but it shortens my fuse for sure, and admitting it is being aware of it is half the battle.
Yo Dr.

Why so many grammatical errors?

Anabaholic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't mean to derail the thread, but yeah r-andro and epiandro don't make me a jerk exactly, but I do find that I have zero patience for any amount of bs when I take a good dose of either hormone. But yeah, taking a second to think, "Is this really how I want to react?" makes it totally manageable.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Exactly what he said! lol
Such succinct and perfect rhetoric. You are truly a literary master when nobody is watching, B. Can I book you for a counseling session? :)
Why yes, yes you can ....

But remember what they say about free advice

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anyone here think that AAS use can permanently affect people’s behavior via changes at the receptor level? I used to date a med student who warned me about all my dopamine agonists, AAS and even nootropics...

I am not sure if I believe it will permanently change a person, but I do believe it could trigger psychosis in those susceptible.

Timbel

Awards
Wait for his E2 to crash or get someone else who knows about his use and talk to him together about his use and dosing down or dropping it. This is most likely the tren so make that the subject.

Dutch guy in asia

Dutch guy in asia

Awards

I disagree a bit, I am quite calm and even on steroids even tren I don't ever lose my cool or act like an idiot. I am of course 45 that could have something to do with it.

I basically think that it is all about what you got to start with temperament wise. If i drink alcohol I fall asleep.. never get angry. A boyhood friend of mine was always a hothead... on steroids it was bad and on alcohol it was bad too. Some people just can't handle stuff like this.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
I disagree a bit, I am quite calm and even on steroids even tren I don't ever lose my cool or act like an idiot. I am of course 45 that could have something to do with it.

I basically think that it is all about what you got to start with temperament wise. If i drink alcohol I fall asleep.. never get angry. A boyhood friend of mine was always a hothead... on steroids it was bad and on alcohol it was bad too. Some people just can't handle stuff like this.
Yes, I agree with Rubi and yourself. I've know guys who'd get drunk and lose their mind, while I could never even come close to getting that drunk. Just like you, I fall asleep before I can get to that level. So yeah, much of response is genetic.

I just don't think I'm very good at verbalizing my point sometimes, lol (not as concise as Beau at least!) Androgens can produce profound even if subtle effects in otherwise normal animals. I was just watching a show about how male elephants go through an annual heat. Their test level surges 5x higher than normal and stays that way for several months. These are not wild elephants. In fact, they are selected for their tameness to be circus animals and such, but sometimes they still rampage without warning and kill the people and trainers they are normally most affectionate toward. Then these very intelligent animals resume their normal, gentle demeanor once mating season is over.

But from the sound of it you are a wise and disciplined person and the way you manage you temperament is a testimony to your good character. ;)

Dutch guy in asia

Dutch guy in asia

Awards
Yes, I agree with Rubi and yourself. I've know guys who'd get drunk and lose their mind, while I could never even come close to getting that drunk. Just like you, I fall asleep before I can get to that level. So yeah, much of response is genetic.

I just don't think I'm very good at verbalizing my point sometimes, lol (not as concise as Beau at least!) Androgens can produce profound even if subtle effects in otherwise normal animals. I was just watching a show about how male elephants go through an annual heat. Their test level surges 5x higher than normal and stays that way for several months. These are not wild elephants. In fact, they are selected for their tameness to be circus animals and such, but sometimes they still rampage without warning and kill the people and trainers they are normally most affectionate toward. Then these very intelligent animals resume their normal, gentle demeanor once mating season is over.

But from the sound of it you are a wise and disciplined person and the way you manage you temperament is a testimony to your good character. ;)
I am quite disciplined run my own business work from home (you need to be disciplined then otherwise you will never work). Keep my diets in check requires discipline too. Its just that different people respond different to the same substance.

Your story about the elefants is known but you assume its the testostorone that makes them agressive. While that could be the case how about they are agressive because its mating season and they are looking out for mates. There are more reasons then just one plus we are not animals (ok at a basic level we are) we have far more restraints then animals.

But I get what your saying I just don't think it affects everyone the same.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
If you're not happy and think he's cheating, then either talk to him or leave. It might be in part to steroid use or it might not be, but blaming it on that is only going to add fuel to the fire. Two weeks isn't a long time for somebody to be down and thinking they have changed completely. He might just have hit a rough patch and doesn't feel like talking about it.