bows PCT W/ Clen Alternative Beta

Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog

Obese Member
Awards
  • Established
I just began PCT yesterday for a four week cycle. I ran a 1-test/4-ad transdermal throughout and sd for the first two weeks and then Max LMG for the second two weeks. I had volunteered to be a beta tester for the new clen alternative but told Raven I would be running it during the first few weeks of PCT. The idea being that it should be similar to other sympathomimetic compounds (ephedrine) which are anticatabolic during PCT. This log will be very similar to the one I ran back in February that got cut short. Ordinarily, I would include a few other supps (like Sesathin and dhea), but I want to be able to somewhat objectively evaluate the effects of the clen alternative.

Workout:
1. Decrease from one body part per five days to one body part per seven days.
2. Decrease volume, increase intensity

Diet:
1. 35% Protein/35% complex carbs/30% Fat
2. Approx 3000 calories/day
3. 2250 mg’s EPA/DHA
4. 10 grams lecithin/day

Supplementation:
1. 40/20/10 mg’s Tamoxifen weeks 1-3 (60 mg’s day for the first two days of week one)
2. 6 grams/day CEE (not used during cycle)
3. 0/3/3/2 Caps Week Ultra Hot
4. 3/3/3 Caps Week ALRI’s Clen Alternative Beta

Stats:
BF: 10.25%
Weight: 198 lbs
Bench Reps @ 315 lbs: 9
Squat Reps @ 405 lbs: 10

Being about a day and a half into PCT, I have noticed that my body temp and appetite are both elevated more than ususal. Other than that, nothing unusual to report with regards to the addition of the clen alternative.

I will update once a week.

Picture taken day 1 PCT (6/2/05).

Attachments

Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog

Obese Member
Awards
  • Established
5 Day Update

So far, have not missed a dose. For the first few days, there was a definate increase in appetite and perceived body temperature. I have been sweating slightly more than normal. At times, there are breif periods of increased anxiety and sleep is also somewhat hard to come by. Otherwise, there seems to be less of the typical sides associated with beta agonists (especially with regards to central stimulation).

Otherwise, PCT is going great, especially given I have only been taking Tamixifen and ALRI's beta agonist to date.

Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog

Obese Member
Awards
  • Established
Did you drop the Ultra Hot?

Looking solid in that pic :thumbsup:

Nope, take a look at the schedule in the first post (I know, its a little confusing). I'm not starting the Ultra Hot until week two. Doing this for two reasons. First, to help accelerate restoring lipid profiles (which we know ATD is not helpful in this regards). Second, Author suggested not stacking AI's and SERM's due to competitive binding at the hypothalamous. During week two, I'll be down to 20 mg's day of Nolva, and then I will begin Ultra Hot.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I see said the blind man

Good luck with it. looks like an interesting PCT

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Looking jacked as always bow. Good luck w/ your PCT. I'm very interested in the ultra hot.

Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog

Obese Member
Awards
  • Established
Week One Update

Stats:
BF: 9.5%
Weight: 196 lbs
Squat Reps @ 405 lbs: 9
Change Weight Week One: -1.6 lbs
Change Fat: -1.3 lbs
Change lbm: -.3 lbs

Just finished week one yesterday. Stats are as shown above. My general observations are thus far are:

Strength - Strength has remained virtually unchanged during PCT, which is very unusual for me during the first week.

Body Composition - I have maintained LBM during PCT. Again, this is very unusual. I have also lost a bit of fat. This does seem to be an amazing compound for maintaining LBM post cycle.

Physical Effects - Body temp and heart rate appeared to be elevated for the first few days (although I never measured). Either these symptoms have dropped off after the first few days or I have become acoustomed to the change.

Central Effects - Sleep was also a little hard to come by for the first few days. That symptom has also lessened with time. Otherwise, no real central stimulation to speak of.

So far, I am very happy with the results from the first week of PCT. I typically loose about 2-3 lbs of lbm and gain a pound or two of fat during the first week of PCT. At my age, it is taking longer for my natural hormones to rebound. I don't think I have ever maintained as much lbm during the first week post cycle with such a simple supplement protocol (primarily CEE, Nolva and ALRI's beta product). I does appear that ALRI may have truly come up with an alternative to clen that is as effective at maintaining lbm. Although, I will save my final judgement for the next couple of weeks.

Author L. Rea

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Stats:
BF: 9.5%
Weight: 196 lbs
Squat Reps @ 405 lbs: 9
Change lbm: -.3 lbs

Just finished week one yesterday. Stats are as shown above. My general observations are thus far are:

Strength - Strength has remained virtually unchanged during PCT, which is very unusual for me during the first week.

Body Composition - I have maintained LBM during PCT. Again, this is very unusual. I have also lost a bit of fat. This does seem to be an amazing compound for maintaining LBM post cycle.

Physical Effects - Body temp and heart rate appeared to be elevated for the first few days (although I never measured). Either these symptoms have dropped off after the first few days or I have become acoustomed to the change.

Central Effects - Sleep was also a little hard to come by for the first few days. That symptom has also lessened with time. Otherwise, no real central stimulation to speak of.

So far, I am very happy with the results from the first week of PCT. I typically loose about 2-3 lbs of lbm and gain a pound or two of fat during the first week of PCT. At my age, it is taking longer for my natural hormones to rebound. I don't think I have ever maintained as much lbm during the first week post cycle with such a simple supplement protocol (primarily CEE, Nolva and ALRI's beta product). I does appear that ALRI may have truly come up with an alternative to clen that is as effective at maintaining lbm. Although, I will save my final judgement for the next couple of weeks.
Thank you Bow. I appreciate the detailed log and results. Please keep us informed as your progress.

Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog

Obese Member
Awards
  • Established
Week Two Update

Stats:
BF: 9.8%
Weight: 193.5 lbs
Bench Reps @ 315 lbs: 8
Squat Reps @ 405 lbs: 7
Change lbm: -3.2 lbs

Finshed week two yesterday. LBM and strength took a beating during the last week. Percent body fat is holding relatively constant. In terms of supplements, the only thing that has changed has been the inclusion of Ultra-Hot. However, my diet during this last week has fallen off a bit. I can only attribute the loss of LBM to my diet or the inclusion of Utra-Hot (which just doesn’t follow). The first week on the Clen Alternative and Nolva, my LBM held very constant. Now, during week two, it drops by over three pounds. Time to get my diet back on track and see how I finish out the beta during week three. There have been absolutely no noticeable central or peripheral effects during week two (sweating, increased heart rate, sleepleness, etc).

Grassroots082

Grassroots082

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Stats:
BF: 9.8%
Weight: 193.5 lbs

Finshed week two yesterday. LBM and strength took a beating during the last week. Percent body fat is holding relatively constant. In terms of supplements, the only thing that has changed has been the inclusion of Ultra-Hot. However, my diet during this last week has fallen off a bit. I can only attribute the loss of LBM to my diet or the inclusion of Utra-Hot (which just doesn’t follow). The first week on the Clen Alternative and Nolva, my LBM held very constant. Now, during week two, it drops by over three pounds. Time to get my diet back on track and see how I finish out the beta during week three. There have been absolutely no noticeable central or peripheral effects during week two (sweating, increased heart rate, sleepleness, etc).
Are you checking your bp relatively often Bow? It seems a few others have noticed some inconsistencies in BP. Hope all goes well in your PCT mang.

RAVEN

RAVEN

ALRI
Awards
  • Established
Bow:

Thank you. Please keep us up on the rest of the test.

Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog

Obese Member
Awards
  • Established
Are you checking your bp relatively often Bow? It seems a few others have noticed some inconsistencies in BP. Hope all goes well in your PCT mang.
I was hoping to get it checked. I just couldn't come up with the time to go get it measured.

Max32

Max32

Awards
  • Established
I was hoping to get it checked. I just couldn't come up with the time to go get it measured.
SAMS club has a wrist monitor for like $50 I think. That is what I have been using.

Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog

Obese Member
Awards
  • Established
Final Stats:
BF: 9.3%
Weight: 192.5 lbs
Change Weight Week One: -5.6 lbs
Change Fat: -2.4 lbs

Final Thoughts: I’m a little late posting this update, although I took the final picture and measurements on Wednesday (the day following the last dosing of the clen alternative). I never did count the number of capsules in the bottle, but I think I actually finished the bottle one day short of three weeks.

LBM remained very stable during week three. I believe most of the loss of LBM during week two was attributed to my diet slipping during that week. Otherwise, during the three week course of the trial, I only lost 3.2 lbs of lbm (2.9 lbs of which was during my less than stellar week two). During week one and week three, I lost a total of 0.3 lbs of lbm. I also dropped nearly a full percent of body fat (2.4 lbs) during the course of the three weeks (I think you can see this from the before/after pic).

I typically loose about 5-6 lbs of lbm during PCT and gain a pound or two of fat. While I did loose strength and a few pounds of lbm, it was a dramatic improvement over what I typically experience during PCT. This is all the more impressive considering I really cut back on the number of supplements I usually take during PCT in order to properly evaluate the trial. In addition, the sides were very mild and virtually nonexistent after week one. Given the ability of this supplement to maintain lbm and strength with an associated loss in fat during PCT, I would give the new clen alternative a B+.

bow

Attachments