Boiled Chicken

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
Does anybody here enjoy boiled chicken? I threw some boneless skinless breasts in some pretty well salted boiling water and really liked the finished product. I put some quick Asian style sauce on there and it came out great. Seems like a really quick and easy way to prep it and if you’re using a sauce I really recommend it.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yuck.

I need some Maillard reaction on my proteins.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, I have boiled chicken with rice and spicy oil at a lot of Chinese takeout places. Never thought of making it myself, but it does sound like a good idea.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Actually never thought about it Lol how long you boil it for?

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
Actually never thought about it Lol how long you boil it for?
Not long at all...I had thin boneless breasts and on high heat only took a couple minutes. I used a meat thermometer so once the thickest piece was at 165F I took them out and cut them up. Texture definitely reminded me of how it does at a Chinese foot restaurant. I know they usually velvet the chicken but this is a quick and easy way to get a very similar outcome.

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I have boiled chicken with rice and spicy oil at a lot of Chinese takeout places. Never thought of making it myself, but it does sound like a good idea.
I’m going to try that next, maybe boil then toss in hot oil wok for a minute just to see what the texture ends up being like.

Kevinhim

Kevinhim

Awards
My dog loves boiled chicken. And rice, she loves that too. Lol I cant stand it

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I’ve done this for convenience before. Doesn’t really taste bad Per se, tastes like chicken lol

edsd

Awards
I literally microwave my chicken breasts. Takes like 6 minutes to cook a huge one.

BEAST73

BEAST73

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Been doing boiled chicken since I started my Healthy Lifestyle.

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Boiled chicken can very easily become the toughest, stringiest chicken if boiled even a minute too long. You can get mild flavor with heavily salted water.

Usually only use this method if I’m about to shred chicken for enchiladas etc or for chicken salad

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Not long at all...I had thin boneless breasts and on high heat only took a couple minutes. I used a meat thermometer so once the thickest piece was at 165F I took them out and cut them up. Texture definitely reminded me of how it does at a Chinese foot restaurant. I know they usually velvet the chicken but this is a quick and easy way to get a very similar outcome.
Not sure I want to try anything from a Chinese foot restaurant.

PDG

PDG

Awards
I use a pressure cooker instead of the traditional method. I don’t add any seasoning until I remove it from the pressure cooker-
Add what you like, oil, hot sauce, whatever.
Taste good enough to eat .......

jtbull

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I personally boil mine for a good bit to get them done then throw them on the grill for flavor. Keeps me from burning them on the grill