Body seems to take abnormally long to heal from any workout

T

TrumpGenetics

Awards
Hey guys I'm new here but already posted in the intro section. Part of what has limited my muscle growth over the years is that my body seems to take an unusually long time to recover from physical activity of any kind. Something that seems like most people could recover from in one day takes my body 3 or 4 days before I can do again. This includes just one hour of yard work.

My test levels have always ranged between mid 500's to mid 700's with estrogen and free T being in the "normal range" and prolactin slightly high but not enough to warrant medication to lower it (high 20's to low 30's range).

I suspect I have naturally high cortisol and I know my caffeine addiction doesn't help that but what do you guys think it could be?

The slow recovery happens even in caloric surplus with protein at least 0.8g per lb of body weight but usually 1g. Also usually getting 8 hrs of sleep, almost never under 6hrs.

Do you think it could be low HGH/IGF-1? High Myostatin?

I'm going to start Ostarine soon but looking for more sustainable ways to help my issues if/when sarms get banned.

Help would be gladly appreciated!

Thanks!

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Try HMB and LCLT? I’d exhaust natural options before jumping to SARMs.

Get your GH/etc. tested if you think it may be low. MK-677 can raise it too.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Hey guys I'm new here but already posted in the intro section. Part of what has limited my muscle growth over the years is that my body seems to take an unusually long time to recover from physical activity of any kind. Something that seems like most people could recover from in one day takes my body 3 or 4 days before I can do again. This includes just one hour of yard work.

My test levels have always ranged between mid 500's to mid 700's with estrogen and free T being in the "normal range" and prolactin slightly high but not enough to warrant medication to lower it (high 20's to low 30's range).

I suspect I have naturally high cortisol and I know my caffeine addiction doesn't help that but what do you guys think it could be?

The slow recovery happens even in caloric surplus with protein at least 0.8g per lb of body weight but usually 1g. Also usually getting 8 hrs of sleep, almost never under 6hrs.

Do you think it could be low HGH/IGF-1? High Myostatin?

I'm going to start Ostarine soon but looking for more sustainable ways to help my issues if/when sarms get banned.

Help would be gladly appreciated!

Thanks!
My first guess is Cortisol.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
What do you do for work? How often do you train? Everyone has a different ability to recover from stress - and this is often way over looked. Just like some people can get by on 4 hours of sleep a night and some need more than 8; or some people are 7 feet tall and some are 3 feet tall. There is a spectrum. You may just be a slow recoverer and you may just need to adjust your training and lifestyle accordingly. I hate quoting Mentzer because I always feel like a zealot - but he used to start people on very low volume (usually less than 20 minutes of intense exercise) with 4 days in between workouts. If people did not see improvement on this, he would adjust frequency from there. Some people could train ever 3 days and see progress, some needed 2 weeks to progress. Everyone is different.

As far as cortisol and nutritional support, Muscleupcrohn has good suggestions.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think you nailed it. Too many stimulates for too long, high cortisol levels. I haven't used any stimulates for months now and feel calmer and seem to sleep better and be more at peace.

Are you having Anxiety and worrying too much?
High neuroticism is linked to higher cortisol levels and some people are genetically predisposed to high neuroticism unfortunately. I tested out as moderate on neuroticism so Thank God at least mines not high.

there are things we can do to lessen neuroticism like not talk bad about people to other people, as this can cause a bit of unnecessary worry. Having compassion for someone youre having trouble with can help a bit.

M

MedRat

Awards
  • First Up Vote
My own recovery can be 2 to 7 days. It depends on how torn down the muscle became from working out.

T

TrumpGenetics

Awards
Hey guys thanks for the responses and sorry I haven't been on to reply for a while.

I ended up starting the ostarine at 12mg per day then moved up to 25mg per day a few days in. Been on about 2 weeks. Just gonna do a good otc pct unless bloods are awful enough to require RC PCTs

Getting bloods taken tomorrow. But before and during the ostarine I started taking ashwaghanda 800mg with 300mg Rhodiola extract with my caffeine each day while I try to wean off of that. The rhodiola to raise dopamine and lower cortisol release from the caffeine, and the ashwaghanda for the cortisol and GH/thyroid benefits.

M

MedRat

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Ashwaganda appears to be the number one OTC supplement for lowering cortisol.

T

TrumpGenetics

Awards
I also want to add that I do indeed have a large amount of stress in my life daily. Not as much as I used to but still probably more than most people. My main daily exercise is taking care of my 2 year old son, chasing and holding him often. He's 26 lbs.

May be a year or two before I can escape the high stress circumstances

T

TrumpGenetics

Awards
OK so once I got my bloodwork done I found that my LDL was 138 so the sarms probably raised it but I have no pre-sarm LDL's to compare that to, just that my LDL has normally stayed around 100.

The doc indicated shutdown and put me on TRT which was actually a welcome invitation because I've been wishing for a way to keep my levels high-ish and fairly stable but all the stress in my life has prevented that despite adequate fat intake and sleep. I'm on day 2 of 50mg Testosterone Cyp every other week (for now) and in 6 to 8 weeks I get my T levels checked again. Again I'm 140lbs atm. I felt a lot more energy and strength boosted yesterday than today but today is still OK feeling.

I'm going to quickly taper off the Ostarine but still stick with natural protein synthesis or growth hormone enhancers to maximize the benefit without desensitizing my androgen receptors. I did a lot of yard work and construction on a greenhouse yesterday and a set of 25 reps with medium weight dumbells (for me anyways) and I've had only slight soreness today. I'm going to taper off the caffeine as gradually yet soon as possible so there will be less cortisol competing against the testosterone.

Hopefully the doc will get and keep my T in the 800's at least and hopefully this will help me recover properly and be able to build muscle or lose fat like a properly functioning person in the gym would.

T

Titan6

Awards
I had similar issues with injuries and doms. But ever since being on TRT and my levels are up I dont have that issue. Maybe get your bloodwork checked to see?

M

MedRat

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I had that same issue for a long time. Especially with large compound movements. In my case,the harder I worked on a consistent basis, the faster the recovery. My LDL is also high and my hdl is very low. My doctor actually freaked out last month. Many of my values were elevated. I think a combination of frequent sinus infections,antibiotics, and dianabol were too much for me.

Id like to know if you have had your values checked again and what they were.