Blackstone Labs SST Kit log

Brain5ick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
So after some skepticism and some back and forth BSL has decided to send me the whole kit with the SST IGF-1 and GH supplement. I got labs drawn before and at the tail end of the supplement run to gauge any increase of IGF levels (as if there’s any other way lol).

A08EF161-8A13-4C09-86E1-3CC87ADDA4A0.jpg

IMG_0723.JPG

Days 1-3 I’ve noticed an increase in hunger. That could be due to just about anything at this point. Taking both supplements as recommended on the bottles. Sleep seemed to be a little better as well but again this could be due to anything or just a placebo.

Below is a pic of my current physique and size

IMG_0416.JPG

Days 4-6 Nothing has really changed. Quality of sleep isn’t too great, I don’t think that’s because of the supplements though. Slowly ramping my diet up from 2,000 to 2,500 calories which is where I am now. Started this log at 169.3lbs and am now sitting at 177lbs. I think a lot of that weight gain is due to water weight which is to be expected when adding more carbs than I’m used to back into my diet. Abs are pretty much gone, large layer of water sitting over them at this point which is fine, it’s the holidays so it’s not like I’m trying to walk around shredded for the next few months.

So at about day 9 I’ve noticed I’m hungry a lot, I’m sitting around 3,000cal and even then it’s hard not to over eat (although I think I am over eating a bit at 3,000cal but I don’t mind since it’s the holidays). I’m getting woken up in the middle of the night because I’m starving. Retaining a bit of water, that’s to be expected but that’s a carb thing in my opinion.

Night 13- So I find myself after eating a huge dinner, coming home and brushing my teeth and getting a ready for bed, I’m laying there and notice middle of the night I’m STARVING again. I am trying to not overload on anything too calorically dense because regardless of me being comfortable getting a little chubby I can’t overdo it at all. This is coming from someone that’s so critical and usually so strict with diet while cutting (and normally always) that I can burn off stomach fat and love handles in two months max and yet I still beat myself up about being in a surplus. Tonight I just had a lot of high fiber snacks, I don’t like to spike my blood sugar unless I have a purpose to and right before bed isn’t one of those times. I had some prunes and dry fiber one bran cereal. I think if counting net carbs and all that **** it was only about 150 calories. Still starving. I have a whole turkey and stuffing with sweet potatoes just sitting in my fridge and it’s killing me hahaha. I had a cheat meal today and I can’t mess around now though.
Something I’ve noticed is my blood sugar levels are rather low and steady (as they usually are, especially for a hypoglycemic) but GH, IGF-1, and most secretagogues drive blood sugar up pretty well.

So unfortunately with the holidays and kids stuff I’ve had to keep up with this log had gotten away from me.
I have noticed some things although not positive or negative with this supplement like the hunger, maybe better sleep but I can’t tell too much in that department after taking it for 45 days.
Before starting this supplement my IGF-1 levels were a good bit higher than when I got my lab work towards the end of this “cycle” (if you can call it that but I can’t find a better word) so I’m not sure what to think of that. I don’t think that this product did a lot for me, maybe I am just a poor responder, but that’s just my opinion. If you tried it, it’s possible it could benefit you but I couldn’t give you a definite answer based on these results.

My whole diet through this run was mainly turkey breast and lean turkey burger, chicken, salmon, tuna, a steak here and there, Greek yogurt, natural peanut butter, probiotic sauerkraut, chick pea pasta, lots of spinach and turkey salads, whole eggs, beets, greens supplements, whey isolate, MCT/avocado/olive oils, bananas, kiwis, apples, prunes, dates, some nuts here and there, 1.5 gallons of water per day, almond milk, while milk, white and brown rice, sweet. Potatoes, maybe a waffle with sugar free syrup here and there but the list goes on especially with greens. Always getting 3,000-3,200cal per day depending on what I’m hitting after getting used to raising my caloric intake.
20 minutes of cardio 5 days a week or I’d run about 2 miles at night after work.
Chest/back/shoulders/legs/arms sometimes split exercises depending on what’s recovering so some days I may do just quads if my hamstrings are sore and throw in a chest workout with it, superset every chest exercise with a calf exercise or so on.

I sat around 185lbs during this and weight fluctuated regularly as expected. Starting at 169lbs though and hitting 185lbs did take me by surprise in all honesty, if we gauged the effectiveness of this product off of weight gain and not lab work I’m sure this would be much more interesting a log.

I would genuinely like to thank Blackstone Labs for sending me this supplement and giving me the opportunity to review and log this. It has been interesting and a privilege.

Posted below are my final labs
IMG_0041.JPG

My current physique is iffy in my opinion but I’ve put size on which was my general goal. I’ll post what I look like during, them after taking this supplement belowww.

IMG_0730.JPG

IMG_0731.JPG

These are after the log

IMG_0029.JPG
IMG_0029.JPG

IMG_0038.JPG

Again, thank you so much to Blackstone Labs, this was very interesting and I appreciate the opportunity.