Best way to take prohormones/oral-steroids?

micjakson

micjakson

Awards
hey all. So I was searching around to find something on what exactly to take with a prohormone/oral-steroid but I got nothing. I was wondering what would be the best way to take a prohormone/oral-steroid(such as Phera-Max)? What I mean is: with food? If so, with carbs, protein and fat? or just Fat? or just carbs? you get what I mean. I would imagine taking it with a big meal would downgrade its effects a bit. So what would be the optimal way to take it, or what has worked for you all?

Popa Murph

Awards
I'd say with a small meal that included 10-15 grams of fat. The fat helps with absorption.

Some believe taking methyls with grapefruit juice works better also. The narginin in the grapefruit may make the hormone more effective.

maybe that helps.

micjakson

micjakson

Awards
Thanks for the feedback. I was thinking about 1 cup grapefruit juice and 1 tbsp Flax oil(14g fat). How bout that? And then an all-out meal 40mins later?

theface

theface

Awards
  • Established
Is there any more information on this topic? This is something that has interested me for several months now. I have heard EFA's help with absorption of ph's, but I cannot find any conclusive evidence.

kjkriston

kjkriston

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the feedback. I was thinking about 1 cup grapefruit juice and 1 tbsp Flax oil(14g fat). How bout that? And then an all-out meal 40mins later?
I don't think you can go wrong with that combo. Got both bases covered for absorption.

hard iron

hard iron

Awards
  • Established
for a while wasn't someone on here takein there's with olive oil or something? I remember reading about it, I think it was unrealmachine

kjkriston

kjkriston

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I've heard of guys opening the caps dumping them in olive oil and shooting it. Chase that with Grapefruit juice and I think your golden.

theface

theface

Awards
  • Established
I've heard of guys opening the caps dumping them in olive oil and shooting it. Chase that with Grapefruit juice and I think your golden.
What specifically about the grapefruit juice aids in absorption again?

kjkriston

kjkriston

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
It inhibits the enzyme that increases break down in the liver. There are actually studies to substantiate it. That is why some medications say to not take them with grapefruit juice......too much absorption would be bad for some medications.....