Best Vegan Protein

MrFlexo

MrFlexo

Awards
I used to drink a lot of Whey protein and it was great because it was so cheap but now every time I drink it my stomach gets messed up for hours. I'm thinking about going to vegan protein but they're all expensive and have a lot of bad reviews for bad taste and not mixing well.
Do you guys know of any good tasting protein powders that are not too expensive per serving?

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
vega protein and greens is working best for me. Digest super well

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Did you drink a Whey Concentrate or a Whey Isolate? Isolate is usually much gentler on the stomach.

When it comes to vegan protein the consensus seems to be that a blend is needed for it to contain the amino acid profile we as humans need. Unfortunately this means it will be pricey and flavor will never match a Whey product. Personally the best ive tried (and im using in regularly together with a milk based) is Select Vegan. Favourites are Chocolate Peanut Butter and Cinnamon Delight.

MrFlexo

MrFlexo

Awards
Did you drink a Whey Concentrate or a Whey Isolate? Isolate is usually much gentler on the stomach.

When it comes to vegan protein the consensus seems to be that a blend is needed for it to contain the amino acid profile we as humans need. Unfortunately this means it will be pricey and flavor will never match a Whey product. Personally the best ive tried (and im using in regularly together with a milk based) is Select Vegan. Favourites are Chocolate Peanut Butter and Cinnamon Delight.
It's whey peptides, isolate, and concentrate of course lol so not sure what's doing it. I always drink my protein with water too so it has to be the protein.

Ironpirate

Ironpirate

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It's whey peptides, isolate, and concentrate of course lol so not sure what's doing it. I always drink my protein with water too so it has to be the protein.
You could give hydrolysate a try, it's whey pre digested with enzymes. Its expensive though.

MrFlexo

MrFlexo

Awards
You could give hydrolysate a try, it's whey pre digested with enzymes. Its expensive though.
Do you know if there's lactose? I'm starting to think that may be the issue with these whey products but I'm not sure if they all have it

Ironpirate

Ironpirate

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Do you know if there's lactose? I'm starting to think that may be the issue with these whey products but I'm not sure if they all have it
Just buy one that has lactase added, all whey has to have lactose I believe.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
What flavor do you like best?
Haven't tried strawberry yet, but both vanilla and chocolate are very good. Just saw on their site on amazon. they have salted caramel, tropical and coconut. Hmm, I buy it locally, so only berry, van and choc but I may have to try these soon

Last edited: