bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey chaps (and chapettes).

I am a big fan of protein in oats and eat them almost every single day. I am a bit of a lazy chef and literally just add a scoop of Select to my usual oatmeal, normally peanut butter cookie, peanut butter cup or frosted chocolate cupcake.

It made me wonder what kind of things people do with their proats to spice them up.

I am interested in hearing some recipes from people. Do you have any favourites? I don't mind following more time consuming or complicated recipes if they are worth it.

I am looking for inspiration, hit me with your best. :)

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I do the same, but when I am feeling a bit fancy haha I warm up my oats in minimal water so that it is rather dry and cooked. Throw 2 tbsp of peanut butter, strawberries, and shake my whey in my shaker cup and pour over the oats. I also do cold oats with protein, some blueberries, and some cinnamon.

Beta

Awards
  • Established
+1 to the above. Also I personally love the combo of cinnamon whey+diced apples+a generous dash of cinnamon. Apples start to cook in the oats but still retain their crunchy texture.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I do the same, but when I am feeling a bit fancy haha I warm up my oats in minimal water so that it is rather dry and cooked. Throw 2 tbsp of peanut butter, strawberries, and shake my whey in my shaker cup and pour over the oats. I also do cold oats with protein, some blueberries, and some cinnamon.
Do peanut butter and strawberries go well together? I know the whole PBJ thing is big in America but it never took off in England so I have never tried them together. The idea of peanut butter and fruit is still weird to me lol.

+1 to the above. Also I personally love the combo of cinnamon whey+diced apples+a generous dash of cinnamon. Apples start to cook in the oats but still retain their crunchy texture.
I have done this a few times as well and really like it. I have also added some apple sauce to help make the flavour richer as it can be stirred through rather than having to eat a chunk of apple to get the flavour.

Do you normally make yours right before eating or leave overnight?

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Do peanut butter and strawberries go well together? I know the whole PBJ thing is big in America but it never took off in England so I have never tried them together. The idea of peanut butter and fruit is still weird to me lol.
haha I was not aware that it was an American thing. You learn something new everyday. It isn't so bad. The quantities of 2 tbps and some strawberries just flavor the oats a bit. Give it a go and see how you like it.. or maybe try a strawberry with some peanut butter first? haha.

Beta

Awards
  • Established

I have done this a few times as well and really like it. I have also added some apple sauce to help make the flavour richer as it can be stirred through rather than having to eat a chunk of apple to get the flavour.

Do you normally make yours right before eating or leave overnight?
Apple sauce is a great addition. I usually make mine right before eating but have tossed around the idea of overnight oats before. Just requires a little additional foresight haha.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Apple sauce is a great addition. I usually make mine right before eating but have tossed around the idea of overnight oats before. Just requires a little additional foresight haha.
If you have any good overnight recipes I would be keen to hear them. :)

haha I was not aware that it was an American thing. You learn something new everyday. It isn't so bad. The quantities of 2 tbps and some strawberries just flavor the oats a bit. Give it a go and see how you like it.. or maybe try a strawberry with some peanut butter first? haha.
To be fair I do like using strawberry jam in oats (I think Americans call it jelly and it is the same thing) and I like using peanut butter as well so maybe I need to try the combo. :)

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There you go! Mix em up! You will like it