best pre written programs for naturals during off season ?

The chambers

Awards
i tend to prefer programs with high intensity and moderate volume.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
i tend to prefer programs with high intensity and moderate volume.
Natural or enhanced doesn't make a whole lot of difference. Being enhanced might call for more total volume but not necessarily.

With that being said, there is no best program, it's gonna vary greatly from person to person.

My opinion for Natural guys trying to put on size is to follow a full body 3-4 days a week or a ppl 4-5 days a week. If yiu recovery is good train more frequently and if not so good train less frequently and make sure your eating enough to grow. Look up DC training for beginners and DC for intermediate lifters.

I think those fit the description you gave. I've used those programs Natural and enhanced and they work if your eating and recovering

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I’ve always loved John Meadows’ programs

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I was going to suggest a look at DC training - Smont beat me to it.

Here's a good detailed guide for it:

I like the 'basic' upper/lower split myself, for DC.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I’ve always loved John Meadows’ programs
I think I have a few of these on pdf form in my email still, which ones have you NOT used yet, IL take a look and see if I gotvthem. I definitely have the one he did that was a collaboration with Dave tate that's a power building program

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

The chambers

Awards
I was going to suggest a look at DC training - Smont beat me to it.

Here's a good detailed guide for it:

I like the 'basic' upper/lower split myself, for DC.
What do u think of trained by jp programs

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I've missed this quote or didn't get a notification. Anyway, I can't recall ever hearing about that program, sorry.

I'm doing the DC training right now and liking it. Later in the spring, I'm jumping on Layne Norton's PHAT.

Hbbhhbbh

Awards
  • Best Answer
jp training is Training to failure, usually consists of (for the most part) 2 sets, an example is 1 set of 5-9 then drop the weight 5-10% and do another set in a higher rep range 12-15. That’s the basic layout but allot more to it, rest is a major factor in his training.

he was a fan of dc for years and allot of his training comes from that.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I've never seen his programs, but I have watched him train and it's balls to the wall extreme. If he's got a 10 rep Squat to do and only gets 8 he will grab a 45lb plate and throw it across the room like a Frisbee and scream like a maniac and do the set over and over until he gets 10 reps

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
jp training is Training to failure, usually consists of (for the most part) 2 sets, an example is 1 set of 5-9 then drop the weight 5-10% and do another set in a higher rep range 12-15. That’s the basic layout but allot more to it, rest is a major factor in his training.

he was a fan of dc for years and allot of his training comes from that.
It's like DC training on crack

Hbbhhbbh

Awards
  • Best Answer
It's like DC training on crack
Yeah exactly 😂

it’s very big here in the uk, tbh i wasent convinced at first but I love It now. I feel like I’m going to battle every time I train now, I love being able to put everything into beating the reps on that 1 set.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Yeah exactly 😂

it’s very big here in the uk, tbh i wasent convinced at first but I love It now. I feel like I’m going to battle every time I train now, I love being able to put everything into beating the reps on that 1 set.
If you have ever watched him train he goes to a very dark angry place on every working set. Sometimes he will have tears in his eyes.

Dick-Hertz

Dick-Hertz

Awards
You pick the routine you enjoy the most, and do it. Put everything into it.
That is the one that will work the best.

For natties (and geared), heavy and big barbell movements. Basics. Plus get some rest to grow.

Over history guys have done great with a 4-day Powerbuilding type of routine.
Heavy power movements with some hypertrophy and volume thrown in.

*Bench / Tri
Rest
*Back
Rest
*Shoulder / Bi
*Legs
Rest

An example of one I use is attached. Its not for everyone. Not a fan of "lots of machines". Barbells = Big.

Attachments

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
You pick the routine you enjoy the most, and do it. Put everything into it.
That is the one that will work the best.

For natties (and geared), heavy and big barbell movements. Basics. Plus get some rest to grow.

Over history guys have done great with a 4-day Powerbuilding type of routine.
Heavy power movements with some hypertrophy and volume thrown in.

*Bench / Tri
Rest
*Back
Rest
*Shoulder / Bi
*Legs
Rest

An example of one I use is attached. Its not for everyone. Not a fan of "lots of machines". Barbells = Big.
I try to drill this into people's heads all the time. The best training program is the one you're gonna stick with and make progression at. It's usually the person searching for the best program that doesn't ever make progress because there always searching for a better program and don't spend enough time progressing on any of there lifts

Foxx13

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I run an upper/lower 4x a week split

I basically run a primary exercise for 5 sets, secondary exercise for 4 sets, and a tertiary exercise for 2-3 sets, then add in any fluff stuff like arms, isolation, etc… I superset a lot of stuff like chest and back, bi and tris, for
Legs it’s mostly straight sets.

my reps will vary depending on goals primary might be 5 sets of 6 reps, secondary 4 sets of 10, and teritiary 2 set of 16. If I am doing more of a hyoertrophy my reps on everything scales up and if it’s more strength it scales down. I’ve done a ton of different rep schemes and even pyramids. But the secondary is always more reps per set than primary and tertiary more reps than secondary. This works for me.
I also do 5-week waves. BUT my first week will be slightly more than week 1 of the previous cycle. I don’t really do many true deload weeks unless I’m hearing up for a true max test week or after a few cycles.

Foxx13

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I try to drill this into people's heads all the time. The best training program is the one you're gonna stick with and make progression at. It's usually the person searching for the best program that doesn't ever make progress because there always searching for a better program and don't spend enough time progressing on any of there lifts
i would agree with this as well. If you hammer away at a certain rep scheme for long enough and become really strong in those reps you can adapt to other training. BUT if your always changing reps, exercises, and programs every two weeks your not gonna get anyway fast. I still stick by tried and true squat dead’s presses etc… they will never leave my program

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I was trying to tell you guys that most ppl don't know what the GZCLP is lol

lamarclark09

Awards
I’ve been following DC training too. Well, it’s worth giving a try.

Falco1098

Falco1098

Awards
  • First Up Vote
It's Cody Lefevres powerlifting program if anyone wants to look into it
This is the best overview: https://www.saynotobroscience.com/gzclp-infographic/

It seems complicated but it isnt. You have and A1/B1/A2/B2 schedule where the only difference is you switch the T1 ant T2 lift on the 1 vs 2 days

I use the base program here and add a few to the T3 with 1 additional exercise for bicep, tricep, shoulder and calf groups.

T1 are also done at slightly higher reps as at 50 doing low rep/heavy weight causes injury. So think 4 sets for 30 reps with each set down to 1RIR. T2 are done similarly as 3 sets for 30 total all 1 RIR