Best home scale

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anyone have advice on a home scale? I know a lot of them are advertising all that they measure beside weight. are those even accurate.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Budget?
I just ordered a $20 unit from that online retailer in the deep jungles of Africa. (On sale from $32)

It has bells and whistles but honestly if it just gets the weight right I will be happy. It’s the mirror that tells the story.

A real scale like in doctors offices or gyms with weights and are calibrated can cost $300 and up.

Here is our new scale.

Adjustments.JPG

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I mean the bells and whistles could be done without. unless they are highly accurate, for instance BMI, water weight, bone mass, body fat, I just don't know how a scale could do all that with accuracy

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Budget?
I just ordered a $20 unit from that online retailer in the deep jungles of Africa. (On sale from $32)

You mean South America?

But ya best just getting a decent scale for weighing yourself, but I wouldn't worry about all the extras some of them do. I doubt they are accurate and even getting a semi-accurate one will just mess with your head more if it has any sort of variability and just drive up the cost.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I mean the bells and whistles could be done without. unless they are highly accurate, for instance BMI, water weight, bone mass, body fat, I just don't know how a scale could do all that with accuracy
Oh your right about that. There are accurate scales that do digital and analogue on that site for $55. I just figured a $32 scale may have that consistency. Bells and whistles aside.View attachment 191850

Last edited:
justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yes. South America. Lol