Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
technically tabata is 20s work 10s rest but tabata in itself is only a form of HIIT (it’s named after the dude who came up with it). Any max work effort with a relatively short rest period can sit within a HIIT grouping.

the key is that the work effort is maximal (most people I trained in gyms didn’t know what that was until I got hold of them 🤣).

all that said I do like movements like Chins performed in a (do em fucking quick format) - reminds me a bit of EDT (which this thread has Made me remember and realise I need to get this back in my life at some point). If you added an opposing exercise (press ups or bench for example) and then just do as many sets of 5 of each as you can in 15 mins, dropping to sets of 4s, 3s, 2s and 1s as you tire thats EDT. Clean and press with two kbs is especially effective. Only thing that matters is total reps in 15mins.
I need to start doing this for some accessories. I worry about not having enough gas to do them how I like, but literally anything accomplished is more useful than nothing at all.

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I need to start doing this for some accessories. I worry about not having enough gas to do them how I like, but literally anything accomplished is more useful than nothing at all.
for sure. In terms of training other people HIIT based stuff is my strong point. Mainly because I’m a decent judge of someone’s RPE so know when to push and when to back off. I also program to keep it interesting.

If motivation is down then tabata with two opposing exercises is my go to. The timing doesn’t allow for let up in effort really.

working the heavy jump rope and heavy bag has been a nice change up for me recently though

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
technically tabata is 20s work 10s rest but tabata in itself is only a form of HIIT (it’s named after the dude who came up with it). Any max work effort with a relatively short rest period can sit within a HIIT grouping.

the key is that the work effort is maximal (most people I trained in gyms didn’t know what that was until I got hold of them 🤣).

all that said I do like movements like Chins performed in a (do em fucking quick format) - reminds me a bit of EDT (which this thread has Made me remember and realise I need to get this back in my life at some point). If you added an opposing exercise (press ups or bench for example) and then just do as many sets of 5 of each as you can in 15 mins, dropping to sets of 4s, 3s, 2s and 1s as you tire thats EDT. Clean and press with two kbs is especially effective. Only thing that matters is total reps in 15mins.
I think it was HGP that inspired the almost no break Chin up intervals. Its not really tabata, not like on a rower or bike since I never find myself wondering if I have shat myself doung the chins lol.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just broke my pin cherry. Booted 125mg enanthate into left thigh. Bit of an adrenaline rush as I was fairly worked up going into it, but really wasn't that hard and zero pain.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Lol just opened the hcg and it's crystals. Guess i better order some bacteriostatic water.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Friday 7th August

BW 107kg, BF 24.5% using Jackson/Pollock 3 site skinfold test. I've lost 3kg over the last 4 weeks, mainly from resuming early morning workouts and generally avoiding over eating, and especially avoiding sugar.

Today:

OH Squat: 20kgx8, 30kgx8, 40kgx8, 50kgx1 fail set, lots of these lately
BW sprinters lunge 30 steps x3 sets NTS: right hip internally rotated, crunching up my toes on that side
Squat forward jumps (on the double ply rubber floor) 12x3
Max effort horizontal jump x3

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Saturday 8th August

Benchpress:
Worked up to 80kgx5, 100kgx5, 110kgx5, 100kg 2x5
Lat Pulldown CD style '50' 3x8
Strict OHP 50kg 3x8
Cable rope tri push down supersets x3 - haven't done these for over 4months and basically at least 2 plates down today
Cable bar tri push down supersets x3 - same again, no strength and no endurance compared to where I was at pre-covid.

Felt fuck8ng awesome today, definitely noticing neurological effects from the test. Yesterday I was feeling insanely stressed and actually thinking this was a bad move but this morning I could actually feel the pre workout kick in, and my workout was not just driven by pure will, I was actually getting into it!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
The beauty of higher testosterone levels is you will actually truly have more energy. Not like a stimulant-based fake energy; it’s hormonal and natural feeling. And you will probably find you need less caffeine soon, maybe even getting irritable or anxious from stimulants easier. My tolerance for stims drops heavily almost as soon as I go on.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The beauty of higher testosterone levels is you will actually truly have more energy. Not like a stimulant-based fake energy; it’s hormonal and natural feeling. And you will probably find you need less caffeine soon, maybe even getting irritable or anxious from stimulants easier. My tolerance for stims drops heavily almost as soon as I go on.
That's exactly how I'm feeling. I'm going hard til 6pm with just morning pwo whereas a few days ago I was doing caffeine ever few hrs after 10am. I think that's why Friday sucked lol. Also, my sleep is soon much better, and I fucked my wife yesterday (first time for a whike) lol.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That's exactly how I'm feeling. I'm going hard til 6pm with just morning pwo whereas a few days ago I was doing caffeine ever few hrs after 10am. I think that's why Friday sucked lol. Also, my sleep is soon much better, and I fucked my wife yesterday (first time for a whike) lol.
Yeah, there’s going to be a lot more of that coming your way . I barely ever use caffeine anymore (even whilst cruising) and I feel much better. 200 mg gets me spun these days when I really need it.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Monday 10th August

Up before 3am alarm and ready to lift. Monday routine: caffeine, crap, shower, "supplementatjon". Great way to start the week.

Gym today:
squat-catch, snatch grip into 8reps OHS. 10kg warm-up progressions starting with the bar, worked up to 3x8 with 50kk this morning, naturally catching with a nice wide externally rotated stance. These were the best I have ever felt with this movement.

Leg press 120kg 5x20
Lat pull down '55' for 3x8 still focusing on scap tracking
Seated row cable machine '40' 3x10
Leg extension '50' 3x20

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Taking your shot after a warm shower and before training or some cardio is a great way to have a smooth shot and work blood through the muscle so you get a lot less PIP.

My first cycle I had some PIP every shot. But this one almost none. The muscle gets used to it too.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Tues 11th Aug

RDL 3x12 with 60kg

Isolat pull down, 100kg for 3x8, 90kg 2x8 focusing on neutral spine and proper scap translation. Chris d
Duffin cable pull downs are starting to take good affect.

Standing upright BB rows 40kg 3x8

Hang clean 40kg 3x10

Pendlay row 80kg 5x8

Shattered.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
@Hyde @SkRaw85 thanks for the tips fellas! So far haven't noticed much pip - just a light bruise sensation. Friday last week I walked up 36 floors in a fire escape at work, and legs have been drowned in DOM'S since. Figured its drowning out the PIP? Also, using pharm grade gear, would that reduce it?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
@Hyde @SkRaw85 thanks for the tips fellas! So far haven't noticed much pip - just a light bruise sensation. Friday last week I walked up 36 floors in a fire escape at work, and legs have been drowned in DOM'S since. Figured its drowning out the PIP? Also, using pharm grade gear, would that reduce it?
I would definitely assume so. The stuff I had was brewed at 300mg/ml, which is denser than proper pharm.

Plus yours wasn’t made in somebody’s kitchen

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I really only got pip a few times. Only from undecanoate and decanoate esters the first few times I used them. I believe I’m just acclimated now. Especially since I’m pushing almost 3cc of big fat esters right now with no pip.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I really only got pip a few times. Only from undecanoate and decanoate esters the first few times I used them. I believe I’m just acclimated now. Especially since I’m pushing almost 3cc of big fat esters right now with no pip.
Yeah I'm only pushing in .5ml at a time...at this point.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Wed 12th August

Sore legs!

Gym:

Biceps BB curl 35kg 3x12
Biceps BB curl overhand grip 27.5kg 3x15
Preacher curl 25kg 5x10

Heaps of mobility work, hips and legs are super tight however, happily, back is not complaining.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just popped half a 25mg exem. Bloated AF with pounding headache and oil just about dripping from my pores lol. Hopefully 12.5mg gets me passing some of that fluid.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You’re taking 250/wk right? I needed 12.5mg 2x a week at least on 300mg with my bodyfat (READ: aromatase enzymes). You are definitely going to need AI use so good call.

Also, upping your potassium intake, lowering sodium, and eating some asparagus can help shed a little bloat. Vitamin C and B complex help some too, as does caffeine or other diuretics. But the root cause is high e2 for sure if so oily.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thurs 13th Aug

BW 109mg, BF 22%. Readings: thigh 18mm, belly 38mm, chest 14mm. Last week was 19, 39, 19 so def losing bf (based on 5mm reduction over pec - other two readings not really statistically significant)

Gym:

RDL (stiff leg deads starting with eccentric phase in case I am mos labelling here?) 60kg 4x10

Good Morning 60kgx10, 62.5kg 3x10 these are feeling facing great...getting an upper back pump with a 1sec hold at the bottom and can feel it working with everything below.

Seated calf raise 20kg 4x10, 1x9 eyes closed, searching for the meaning of life in the arch of my soles.

Duffin pulldows: 50 for 3x8

Chimney chin chins 3x5 20sec rest.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Friday 15th August

OH Squat 20kgx8, 30kgx8, 40kg 3x8

Snatch Complex:
Pause snatch (slow pull to just below knees then snatch) into hang snatch x5, x5 sets.

Sprinters lunge 3x30
Squat jump barefoot 3x12

Been doing some foot work as part of my rehab protocol, which is mainly stepping forward, then to the side while still facing forward (so rotating almost exclusively at the femur), focusing on spreading toes and landing the arch. I've been progressing with this, from being unable to perform ten reps without overbalancing and double stepping, to today where I performed 3 sets of 15. After doing this, I notice a huge improvement in internal rotational mobility and an amazing release from the hips. Next step: get to the point where I can perform Chris Duffins folded leg sit up / extension thing. Right now I can articulate about 5deg from vertical lol, but I've only just regained the ability to sit on my feet again...

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Food last week:

Ate reasonably well, two McDonald's breakfast meals was my low point. Still generally avoiding sugar while trying to keep up protein intake, and eating between 10am and 6pm. Found it easy to eat at this intake, I'm pretty sure test is destroying my appetite.

2571cal
168p
164c
126f

Goals for the next week: eat more protein, less fat.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Test destroying appetite? I would not necessarily assume so. Maybe at huge doses. If anything it often makes guys hungrier since your needs heighten slightly.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Test destroying appetite? I would not necessarily assume so. Maybe at huge doses. If anything it often makes guys hungrier since your needs heighten slightly.
Yeah I'm in danger of attributing everything to the test lol. Definitely not feeling hungry though, might be because its getting warmer too.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah I'm in danger of attributing everything to the test lol. Definitely not feeling hungry though, might be because its getting warmer too.
Oh man when I used to work at the airport without AC summers were brutal. 90* but humid AF with little airflow; my shirt would be soaked thru by 11am. You just can’t eat much in that - staying hydrated was a battle even.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Saturday 15th August

E sides are under control. 12.5mg exem twice, 48hrs apart did the trick.

Stiff and sore from snatch work yesterday but moving well this morning.

Strict OHP worked up to 70kgx3, 60kg 3x6, 1x5. Bit shocked st my inability to hit more than 3 reps with 70kg but really this is pretty typical for end of week 5 cut.

Benchpress

Warmed up with 60kgx5 and just knew my bench was back. Hit 100kgx5, 110kgx5, 120kgx5, 120kgx3, 100kgx6 so stoked, getting a massive andro rush from this lol.

Cable rope push down dropsets x3

Cable bar push down dropsetsx3

Chinup 5x5 for shits and giggles

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Monday 17th August

Woke up 30min late today, raging.

Rushed through everything, including my Monday pin, to get to the gym. Think I hit a vein today because as I pulled out a little oil then blood squirted out.

52.5kg OH squat: 120kg leg press supersets:

Worked up to 10:16, 10:15, 10:15, 8:11 these destroyed me, but super happy with form and pump is epic.

Hanging leg raise 3x6. These felt great, and offer the sign my back is OK with all the overhead and squatty stuff

Lat pull down CD style, '55' 3x10

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Tuesday 18th Aug

Rdl 60kg 3x12
Isolat pulldown 120kg 3x8
Standing BB upright row 45kg for 2x10, 50kg 2x8, 50kg 1x6: these have never felt so easy!
Hang clean 40kg 3x10, 45kg 2x8: extreme pump making front rack transition sticky, had to slightly widen grip to compensate.

Pendlay Row 80kg 1x8, 85kg:80kg dropset for 6:2 x2

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Wed 19th August

BW chinup 5x5
Biceps BB curl 35kg 1x10, 1x8, 1x7 32.5kg 2x10
Overhand grip 27.5kg 3x15
Preacher curl 20kg 3x15
Side lateral DB raise 5kg 5x15 (trying to iron out a niggle)
Pushup 3x20

No soreness today, just fatigue and hunger.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thurs 20th August

RDL 80kg 4x10
Good morning 60kgx10, 80kg 2x10 feel like I am actually wrapping my traps around the bar. Mind muscle connection is massively enhanced.

Seated calf raise 20kg 5x10. No gains to report here lol. Story of my life #nocalves

Chiny chin chins 3x5

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Weekly numbers.

Food: 184p 223c 135f 2889cal/day

Bodyweight: 112.5kg holy sheet! 5kg in two weeks...
Skinfolds: thigh 14mm, belly 38mm, chest 14mm, 21% bf. Took both thighs to confirm the reduction, and left thigh was 12mm lol. How good is test.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Minor setback today: missed a step exiting scaffold at work and landed my left foot with a good jolt that has flared up my back. Popped a couple of prescription narcotics and planning to take tomorrow off from gym. Hope it passes quickly.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Glad the test has you recomping at those macros, and sorry to hear about the misstep - get some heat on it and take multiple short walks the next few days. Walking flushes the low back to help get the inflammation out and frequency is much more important than duration to keep everything from getting/staying too tight.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Gym:

Strict OHP 60kg 5x8
Benchpress legs up flat back: 100kg 5x5
Isolat pulldown Duffin cues: 80kg 5x10
Cable tri dropsets: rope starting 26kg for 8:8:12, bar starting 28kg for 10:10:20 condition returning for these

Getting big. Can feel it in my legs, arms and chest.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Monday 24th August:

Good session today, kept weight low and shot for form and ROM:

RDL 80kg 3x8
Leg press 120kg 5x20
OH squat, worked up to 40kg 4x10, then 50kgx8. Back ok, hips tight.
Speinters lunge, 3x30 - this completely cooked my legs, painful pump.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Looks like back is doing a lot better! Love that solid feeling you get in the muscles from androgens. My wife always notices

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Tues 25th August

RDL 60kgx12, 80kgx12, 90kg 3x12
Chinup emom 5x5 woops thought it was Wednesday...
Isolat pulldown 100kg 3x10
Bb upright row 50kg for 6,6, 40kg 3x10 - form with 50kg was rubbish

Swapped rows for SA pull overs. L shoulder is floating a little as sets progress and the pullovers have great in the past for addressing this.

Fucking legs and butt have really grown, to the point where it is uncomfortable. I couldn't fit my shorts this morning, which unfortunately did not dawn on me before arriving at the gym. I felt like a fat chick in boots shorts, with a hungry arse that kept trying to gobble them up lol. Can't walk properly either, a lot more sideways movement in my gate compared with three weeks ago.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
How many kg you up Benny??

I basically just toughed it this last cycle instead of buying much (except cheap swim trunks): everything that was loose I wore tight and anything already snug was unusable lol

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
How many kg you up Benny??

I basically just toughed it this last cycle instead of buying much (except cheap swim trunks): everything that was loose I wore tight and anything already snug was unusable lol
114kg this morning, so up 7kg since beginning of cycle.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Wed 26th

BW chins 5x5
Bb curl 35kg 5x8 last set full of grinders
Bb curl OH grip 30kg 5x8
Preacher curl 21.25kg 3x15
Side raises db 5kg 5x15