Answered BennyMaggoo's Training Log

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Go forth and feeeed!!! Have you ever used a hip band for warmups before squatting? They really work good to open up the hips and get the blood moving there. Band around the knees and do some body squats and sidesteps. I even use one before benching to help warm up the hips, glutes and lats.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Go forth and feeeed!!! Have you ever used a hip band for warmups before squatting? They really work good to open up the hips and get the blood moving there. Band around the knees and do some body squats and sidesteps. I even use one before benching to help warm up the hips, glutes and lats.
Only thing I'm using the band for atm is for the Pilates stuff. I am avoiding hip width squats all together and focusing on sumo to avoid lumbar flexion, and the band just roll up my thighs. But yeah, in the past I definitely liked using the hip band for squat and ROM warmups.

And yes, **** it, I MUST EAT! This can be a little bulk muahahaha....

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thurs 16th

Foodz: 205p 283c 156f 3445cal

Chestybro today:

32.5kgdb 80kgbb Benchpress 3x 10:5, 2x10:6 it was easy, got it done in 23min. Massive chest pump after.

Cable rope push down supersets 10:8:12 x3 starting at '26' (1 up)
Cable bar push down subsets starting on 29 12:10:12 x3
Wide grip BW pull up 3x5
Isolat pull down 120kg 3x8 bottom pauses

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I find myself growling and snarling a lot, it's pretty embarrassing, epiandro?
It’s just who you are, on steroids. More androgens, the aggressive components of your being are amplified.

I am a truly a “nice guy”. But there are fragments of myself I generally keep compartmentalized to training. I mean I have them down to a light switch. But in those moments when the switch is flipped...I have scared a lot of people I think. But it’s a good outlet, because you can’t exactly repress who you are indefinitely.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I find myself growling and snarling a lot, it's pretty embarrassing, epiandro?
It’s just who you are, on steroids. More androgens, the aggressive components of your being are amplified.

I am a truly a “nice guy”. But there are fragments of myself I generally keep compartmentalized to training. I mean I have them down to a light switch. But in those moments when the switch is flipped...I have scared a lot of people I think. But it’s a good outlet, because you can’t exactly repress who you are indefinitely.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Fri 17th

Foods yesterday: 189p 522c 149f for 3630cal. Not hungry this morning!

Sumo pulls: 120kg 6x10

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sunday 19th January

I have eaten maniacally all weekend, and feel a little bit sick and achy right now. Havent tracked cals as I have attended two family events which were pretty much an all-you-can-eat affair. Probably over 4k both days. Going back to protein focused 'clean' food tomorrow.

Did some snatch work yesterday at the gym. Back felt good, and was able to get mobile quickly, but I really struggled to find explosive power, and never progressed beyond. Also, yesterday I discovered my new squat shoes have been stolen from my gym bag. My wife bought me a pair of Reebok Legacy WL shoes for Christmas, whcih some arsehole has taxed from my gym bag at some point since Wednesday. Awesome.

Looking forward to re-setting this week.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Sunday 19th January

I have eaten maniacally all weekend, and feel a little bit sick and achy right now. Havent tracked cals as I have attended two family events which were pretty much an all-you-can-eat affair. Probably over 4k both days. Going back to protein focused 'clean' food tomorrow.

Did some snatch work yesterday at the gym. Back felt good, and was able to get mobile quickly, but I really struggled to find explosive power, and never progressed beyond. Also, yesterday I discovered my new squat shoes have been stolen from my gym bag. My wife bought me a pair of Reebok Legacy WL shoes for Christmas, whcih some arsehole has taxed from my gym bag at some point since Wednesday. Awesome.

Looking forward to re-setting this week.
Stealing gym shoes?!?! That’s a new kind of low.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Monday 20th Bench:

Worked up to:
130kgx5, 135kgx5, 135kgx4 (bad setup had me too far up the bench and I bumped the hook on the 3rd rep then almost got pinned under the 4th rep, barely managing to lock it out and rerack), 130kgx5, 130kgx4. I'm ready for deload.

**** this I'm going home!

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thurs 23rd January

Dammit, I am fat af! I am eating like a bulimic but minus the vomiting. Averaging around 3500cal at 400g carbs. I swear to God, I can smell nutrigrain as soon as I walk into a supermarket. Thinking about starting s23 and now and dropping the LGD in two weeks because it's more than I can handle.

Skwaaats today:

100kg 3x10, 120kg 3x10 these felt good!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
S23 is stronger than LGD in every way, and will help the nutrient-repartitioning. I really tended to cramp on it though - extra magnesium potassium and sodium will be in order.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
S23 is stronger than LGD in every way, and will help the nutrient-repartitioning. I really tended to cramp on it though - extra magnesium potassium and sodium will be in order.
I've found it favourable in terms of hunger sides - none with s23 - and also lethargy, although that may be because I am not eating so much!

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Saturday 25th Jan

Just lost my log for today. It was basically a paragraph of whinging about how tired I am followed by my deload sumo workout, 3x5 with 100kg like this:

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Tuesday 28th
Spent the long weekend surfing, at WetnWild water park with the family, then mowed the lawn yesterday. Felt like I'd been hit by a bus yesterday and realised I am getting super lethargic. Also, cardiovascular fitness is completely destroyed, and should and back pumps were crippling in the surf.

Seriously thinking about ending the cycle and finishing PCT + time on before starting an s23 cut.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Are you on TRT? If not, these SARM cycles seem like a bad idea if you don’t plan to be at some point.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Are you on TRT? If not, these SARM cycles seem like a bad idea if you don’t plan to be at some point.
No, I seem to recover ok when I don't use heavy doses. Took me a while to recover to baseline after trest (started looking into TRT then), but from SARMs I recover quickly as long as I don't run too heavy or too long. I got bloods done through my first LGD cycle and found full (test down to 1nmol) suppression takes 10 weeks and heavier dosing (15mg). With S4 and S23 suppression wasn't as bad (5ish nmol) at 8 weeks, and with all 3 SARM cycle (except with trest) test came back to 10-14nmol pretty quickly.

Might not even run another cycle this year, will see how I feel.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Also, I will probably go on TRT at some point. It will be the private clinic way, and if I'm going to drop the cash on it I want test to stay up above 20nmol. I'm just not ready for it yet, mentally.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I would consider staying off until you are getting ready to really go for TRT then.

15mg LGD solo ain’t ****. I mean the gains are just not worth it (to me) compared to the endocrine yo-yo and lethargy. And once in TRT, you can always add them on top much more effectively with less sides.

I know some people really like to stay LOW dose, but you should also weigh the minimum effective doses for most to even see meaningful results. I can tell you squarely that what you can accomplish with only 15mg oral LGD per day could certainly be done natty over a longer period and much healthier. Just food for thought.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I would consider staying off until you are getting ready to really go for TRT then.

15mg LGD solo ain’t ****. I mean the gains are just not worth it (to me) compared to the endocrine yo-yo and lethargy. And once in TRT, you can always add them on top much more effectively with less sides.

I know some people really like to stay LOW dose, but you should also weigh the minimum effective doses for most to even see meaningful results. I can tell you squarely that what you can accomplish with only 15mg oral LGD per day could certainly be done natty over a longer period and much healthier. Just food for thought.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Food for thought.

Honestly, if I didn't have this pile of SARMs in my cupboard I probably wouldn't even think about it! But then, maybe it has helped motivate me to get back into training properly, and if that's all it has been good for it was worth the lethargy.

Definitely keen to stay away from test for now - too much stressful **** going on in my life, and I'm not training to be a competitive athlete. When/If low test becomes a problem, then I will seek it, but for now I'm happy with mediocre gains (I'm happy with any gains th!).

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Fri 31st

Tough week. Got burned for 11k, apprentice broke his back and I've worked my ring off in the hot sun.

Deload skwaaats today:

Put wraps on this morning, skwaaats feel awesome!

60kg 3x5 beltless.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I was gonna say your wrapping needs adjustment because you shouldn’t be able to see any skin getting exposed, but honestly for how you’re using them just as some extra support and to naturally limit depth it’s probably about perfect.

Spine still feeling decent loaded under 3 blues?

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was gonna say your wrapping needs adjustment because you shouldn’t be able to see any skin getting exposed, but honestly for how you’re using them just as some extra support and to naturally limit depth it’s probably about perfect.

Spine still feeling decent loaded under 3 blues?
Yeah I am definitely no expert at wrapping, and my wraps are only 'training' quality, so they become quite thin as they stretch. I sort of played around with the wraps today and I guess I will be forever tweaking my method. Kind of tempted to buy a more heavy duty pair...

Part of me is always waiting for one of these squat sessions to trigger a flare up but so far, so good. I am looking forward to volume again next week.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah I am definitely no expert at wrapping, and my wraps are only 'training' quality, so they become quite thin as they stretch. I sort of played around with the wraps today and I guess I will be forever tweaking my method. Kind of tempted to buy a more heavy duty pair...

Part of me is always waiting for one of these squat sessions to trigger a flare up but so far, so good. I am looking forward to volume again next week.
This is how I started wrapping last week and it’s awesome - jump to ~9:20 because the wrap tutorial is around the 10 min mark:

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wed 5th Feb

Monday I squatted, hit 120kg for 5x10. Every set except the second was smooth. I accidentally wrapped one knee in the wrong direction for the second set and the whole set felt unbalanced, which had me thinking my back was about to flare up until realising my mistake.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wed 5th Feb

Just posted early because I've lost that bloody log twice thanks to phone playing up this week.

Bench today:

Work up to 125kg for 5x5. This was a bit of a struggle to be honest, although I was holding decent pauses to try to dominate it. I had a massive week at work installing heavy stainless steel piping and using heavy tools overhead, my shoulders are a little cooked. Also, I'm in PCT so I should expect some decline in strength as the LGD is washed out of my system.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
General feels & diet this week:

Eating between 3100 and 3500cal per day without really thinking too much about it beyond ensuring my protein stays around 200g. Haven't had much time to self assess as my sessions have been limited to 1hr thanks to work blowing up and my apprentice injuring himself doing stupid **** whilst on it.

Carrying a lot of stress right now. I'm trying to trade out of a 19k hole as I've been burned by one of my clients going under. Honestly, my company's doomsday clock is probably at about 11pm this week, hoping for 10.45 next week. On the upside, I have picked up a couple of lucrative contracts simply based on the quality of my product. Started taking ksm66 as I've found this helps me with stress.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
L-Theanine (or drinking freshly brewed green tea) can definitely help here, as can some magnesium (which all lifters need to supplement anyway). Ashwa is good stuff.

Astragalus is a great adaptogen at 3g daily (this seems to have made my caffeine more effective again, like my tolerance doesn’t keep increasing like it used to), and 1-2g Vit C is also great for lowering cortisol (I take it with every water cut).

Keep your chin up and your feet moving forward - it can ALWAYS be worse, and you still have your health. Wishing you better odds and perseverance!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
L-Theanine (or drinking freshly brewed green tea) can definitely help here, as can some magnesium (which all lifters need to supplement anyway). Ashwa is good stuff.

Astragalus is a great adaptogen at 3g daily (this seems to have made my caffeine more effective again, like my tolerance doesn’t keep increasing like it used to), and 1-2g Vit C is also great for lowering cortisol (I take it with every water cut).

Keep your chin up and your feet moving forward - it can ALWAYS be worse, and you still have your health. Wishing you better odds and perseverance!

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Saturday 8th Feb

Feeling exhausted today! Yesterday afternoon I cancelled everything in favour of hitting the gym. I sumo pulled 130kg for a solid 5x10. Definitely starting to find nice form with my sumo.

Chased it with some 50kg snatch work: 8x3 really focusing on second pull. It's terrible: my body just doesn't want to drop into a deep squat knowing it's about to catch 50kg, but every week I manage to convince it to go just a bit deeper.

Chestybro today:

Bench press DB:BB supersets with 35kg:80kg for 8:5. These took a lot of discipline and focus to complete. My shoulders are cooked from work, and I'm in second week PCT. The
35s felt like 45s.
Strict OHP 60kgx5, 65kgx5 (**** that was hard!), 65kgx6 beastmode: ON
Tri pull down dropsets with ropex3 and barx3 using PEDS weight
BW pull up slow eccentrics 5x5
Seated cable row '50' 3x8 with top pause.

Life is resistance training.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Monday 10th Feb

No red meat over the weekend, lots of sushi, eggs and whey protein. 3032cal for Sat and 2713cal yesterday.

Skwaaats today:

Worked up to:
100kgx10, 130kg x10 - fark these felt heavy -; 130kgx10 - had some decent squat fear going into this set, but once I began I felt serene -;130kgx10 form feels tight; 130kgx10 - bit of a struggle, videod this one and depth not quite to parallel but pretty good for me with wide stance. Not quite ready to progress next week, will look for greater depth at this point before adding more weight.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
We'd 12th Feb

Benchpress:
120kgx5, 125kgx5, 130kgx5, 130kgx3 - too slow, fucking haven't eaten enough this week, dickhead-, 120kgx6, 120kgx6 because reducing total volume is regression. Think I might even drop the weight and 6r sets next week, then one more micro before volume macro is completed, and I can start tapering. **** it, if my back holds up, I'm going to do a novice comp later this yr.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wow just looked at Instagram and first post is from one of my mates regarding a novice PL comp at his gym March 22. Should I Leory it? Or too soon? Prob get red lights for squat depth right now.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Wow just looked at Instagram and first post is from one of my mates regarding a novice PL comp at his gym March 22. Should I Leory it? Or too soon? Prob get red lights for squat depth right now.
Too soon. Get healthier. Pushing maximally when your body won’t even allow parallel due to back and hip dysfunction is probably asking for trouble. You could maybe try a bench only though?

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Too soon. Get healthier. Pushing maximally when your body won’t even allow parallel due to back and hip dysfunction is probably asking for trouble. You could maybe try a bench only though?
You are right! It was just the pre workout talking haha

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Fri 14th Feb

Sumo deads:
Best pull I've had since getting married!!!

Seriously though, making some sumo form gains thanks to getting really aggressive with the mobility and core strength work this week - I have started consistently practising twice per day.. Worked up to 140kg for 5x10, which I consider to be a reasonably challenging protocol for me at any stage of my training history. I wrapped my knees very lightly for the last 2 sets, looking for some deeper hip extension and to protect my right knee (it started to throb and swell a little on the 3rd set). Last set seemed to move well enough, but my body was screaming for the final two reps.
Chin ups BW 3x5 (was a quivering mess)
Seated cable row '45' for 3x8

Now I must eat.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Fri 14th Feb

Sumo deads:
Best pull I've had since getting married!!!

Seriously though, making some sumo form gains thanks to getting really aggressive with the mobility and core strength work this week - I have started consistently practising twice per day.. Worked up to 140kg for 5x10, which I consider to be a reasonably challenging protocol for me at any stage of my training history. I wrapped my knees very lightly for the last 2 sets, looking for some deeper hip extension and to protect my right knee (it started to throb and swell a little on the 3rd set). Last set seemed to move well enough, but my body was screaming for the final two reps.
Chin ups BW 3x5 (was a quivering mess)
Seated cable row '45' for 3x8

Now I must eat.
Nice pulls! Slow and steady wins the race

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Saturday 15th Feb

Feel like I have been hit by a convoy of buses this morning. Not sure if it's just fatigue, or the 9pm curry smorgasbord last night. Nothing is particularly sore, and my mobility and core stability feel great, but every time I touch the bar I just want to curl up in a ball and go to sleep. All my blood is in my gut.

35kgDB 80kgBB supersets for 8:5; 8:5, 8:3 left elbow is giving me dramas today.
Strict OHP 40kg for 5x8. Staying light to manage l elbow.
Lat pull down '60' 5x10
Light cable rows using '40' for 5x10
Light later Db raises 5kg 5x10

Felt good once I dropped the weight.