Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Wise decision on the benzos.

Saturday will be here before you know it! And you can compare measurements now.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Friday April 9

Slept well last night, and also had two naps today. Yesterday I ate a solid 3000cal, including 350g carbs, which I think helped me sleep last night.

Workout - awesome session this afternoon:
Bilateral leg raises, holding the couch overhead to isolate the movement at the hips: 10x20
Green band pull aparts 3x14
BW pushup, 10, 20, 20, 6x25
Red band unilateral fly 5x14 ea side
Red band tri pushdown 5x16 ea side

The goal was to feel hungry for my wife, as she was looking forward to eating takeaway together and watching another episode of This Is Us. The thought of it, after lying on the couch all afternoon, was pissing me off so I got down on the floor and made myself hungry. Had an epic chest pump, and noticed some veins I've never seen before.

I've been introspecting a lot lately, beginning to form goals for myself, to become a better husband and father, and beginning to see exactly how my physical pursuits tie in to my being satisfied with myself. My focus on work has cost me time and energy that should have been directed towards my family, and having this time off the tools has enabled me to start implementing a system that will allow me to step back and just fill one role instead trying to fill three.

I'm beginning to see how perhaps I needed to break my leg.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Saturday 10th April

I'm at the gym!!!
BW pullup 5x6
Isolat pulldown 130kg 5x6
Unilateral Seated row, 40kg 3x24,1x12 ea side
Preacher curl 40kg 3x8
Seated DB curl 15kg 3x12
BW chins 5x6

Holy ****, this feels like cardio.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Sunday 11th April

My family are out today, son's friend's birthday party. I'm super bored - getting pretty over this broken leg!

Decided to challenge myself on the floor with my moon boot off:

Bilateral leg raise, holding couch- 10x20
Side raise, each side 10x20
Ab crunch (legs up on couch), 10x20
Ab Crossover crunch (legs on couch) 5x10 ea side

900reps. Was going for 1000 but I'm farking cooked.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Sunday 11th April

My family are out today, son's friend's birthday party. I'm super bored - getting pretty over this broken leg!

Decided to challenge myself on the floor with my moon boot off:

Bilateral leg raise, holding couch- 10x20
Side raise, each side 10x20
Ab crunch (legs up on couch), 10x20
Ab Crossover crunch (legs on couch) 5x10 ea side

900reps. Was going for 1000 but I'm farking cooked.
nice work mate.

and sometimes it takes something to happen to make us rethink things in a clearer way (rather than continue drifting down the same path) - that’s not a bad thing

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Monday 12th April

Gym session, chesty bro:

30kgDB, 60kgBB benchpress supersets: 10:8, 10:8, 10:7, 10:6
Lateral delt raise, cable machine '7 5' for 3x12
Tri rope cable pushdown - 10,10,15 using tren weights (28, 19, 14)
Tri Bar cable pushdown, 10,10,16 using tren weights (32, 21, 14)
Machine OHP '20' 3X12

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Last two.

Thought my foot was tight because of bandaging, but now I realise my Achilles has been sliced through by the surgeon to get the screw in my Maleolus. Fark! Also, outside of my foot is completely numb...

Attachments

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Jumping Johosephat, they had to cut your Achilles to put a screw in??? Man, I am so sorry if that is true. I hope you are wrong, and I hope you get your feeling back soon too.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Jumping Johosephat, they had to cut your Achilles to put a screw in??? Man, I am so sorry if that is true. I hope you are wrong, and I hope you get your feeling back soon too.
Haha yeah, I can remember him telling me post op, as part of his "good news is, it's the only damaged tendon" speech. It will be OK, just need to make my physio aware.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Thus 13th April

I've been getting gym taxis from one of my long term clients who is keen to get back into it. My gym let's me bring a mate for free for a week and our regular mid morning sessions, with all the beautiful thick gym babes have hooked him haha.

today:
Z press 40kg 5x10
Side kb delt raise dropset 10kg:6kg for 12:8, 12:6, 10:6
Planche block push-up 3x20

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Friday 16th April

Tues wed were spent in the office, and visiting sites to sit in on a couple of sub contractor meetings. Yesterday I was shattered! Slept most of the day, rising at 1pm for lunch then did an ab workout (200 Leg raise, 200 side bend each way).

Leg is healing well. Better now actually, since I have realised I was pushing the rehab too hard. Backing off has reduced inflammation and pain, and now that I'm sleeping well I feel I've made some significant repair gains last 3 days. Ran out of BPC couple weeks back and started LGD at 8mg/day, which I can definitely feel kicking in - all day pumps, slight lethargy, increased appetite. Hoping to mitigate muscle loss and promote osteogenesis.

Workout today:

Unilateral red band pullovers, paused, 3x20 ea side

Leg raises 5x20

Push-up 6x25

Red band unilateral high row 5x20 ea side

Red band face pulls 5x14

Red band unilateral curls 5x16 ea side: these are having a massive positive effect on my arms. I've been focusing on being smooth through the jerry bits of the movement, and then pausing at the top. I've really improved, and noticed some significant hypertrophy in bundles where they connect to the tendon. I have a physical tear in my left bicep, and even here I've noticed development in adjacent bundles. Def going to keep doing these, and going to invest in a new set of bands.

Red band Hammer curl 5x20 ea side.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Saturday 17th April

BW pullup 5x6
Isolat pulldown 120kg 3x8, 80kg 14,11
Unilateral Seated row 50kg ea side 3x10, 1x8
Preacher curl 40kgx8, 42.5kg 3x8
Seated db curl 15kg for 10,12,12,10
BW chins 5x6

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Wed 21st April

BW pullup 5x6
Seated incline row 100kg 3x10
Seated unilateral rear delt row 50kg 4x10 ea side
Preacher curl dropsets 50kg:40kg:30kg for 6:4:6 x 4 sets
15kg db curl 3x8
BW chins 3x8

I am sooooo cooked. Need to start eating s little more

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Friday 23rd April

Puffy nips last two days. Took 12.5mg exem and 0.5mg caber yesterday, and woke up this morning feeling low e sides - sore knee & elbows. I hate AI.

Chesty Bro

30kgDB:60kgBB supersets for 12:8; 12:8; 10:8 - tweaked my right shoulder here
Lat pulldown '55' for some shoulder rehab 3x12
Cable rope pushdowns dropsets: same weight (26:19:12) for 10:10:20 x 3sets
Cable bar pushdown dropsets: kept bumping up a plate til 3rd set at 32:22:12 for 10:10:26 easily a PR lol
Bench dips 3x20

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Friday 23rd April

Puffy nips last two days. Took 12.5mg exem and 0.5mg caber yesterday, and woke up this morning feeling low e sides - sore knee & elbows. I hate AI.

Chesty Bro

30kgDB:60kgBB supersets for 12:8; 12:8; 10:8 - tweaked my right shoulder here
Lat pulldown '55' for some shoulder rehab 3x12
Cable rope pushdowns dropsets: same weight (26:19:12) for 10:10:20 x 3sets
Cable bar pushdown dropsets: kept bumping up a plate til 3rd set at 32:22:12 for 10:10:26 easily a PR lol
Bench dips 3x20
Do you have access to DIM where you live? You can run it year round safely, it’s a positive for prostate health, and it definitely helps my body manage estrogen healthier (needing less AI). And it’s pretty cheap. 1-300mg once a day seems to be the dosage.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Do you have access to DIM where you live? You can run it year round safely, it’s a positive for prostate health, and it definitely helps my body manage estrogen healthier (needing less AI). And it’s pretty cheap. 1-300mg once a day seems to be the dosage.

Have actually got some coming. Feel suspicious about my use of AI possibly contributing to breaking my leg.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
SARMs are the better bone builders. Deca is just for joint relief; it actually stiffens joint tissue like most AAS I believe. Deca is the superior option for nitrogen/muscle retention.
Was hoping to replace the LGD with a more cost effective option, based on the premise that Deca has clinical evidence for increasing bone mass of people suffering from osteo arthritis. Couldn't find anything demonstrating significant increase in bone mass for healthy people though.

Might save it for a proper blast sometime in the distant future when I can really go HAM again at the gym.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Saturday 24th April

At the gym with my wife today!

Z press 40kg 3x10, 2x8
Rear delt seated row 50kg 3x8 ea side
Parallel grip pullup 12,8,6,6
Kettlebell side delt raise dropsets 10kg:8kg:6kg for 8:6:6 x3 sets

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Got some goodies in the mail today. Going to be adding the following supps to my protocol:
DIM 2x100mg/day
Ashgwanda 300mg/day
Citruline maleate 3g 2xday
Beta alanine 3g 2xday
AAKG 3g 2xday

Hoping to get e fully under control with ashgwanda DIM and creatine, and reduce leg inflammation with the NO boosters.

Noticed some hypertrophy of traps, shoulders & Triceps today. 6 weeks on crutches, and no heavy bench, with LGD and MK in the mix are having a nice effect! Also, have noticed some drastic improvements in performance for pullups, tri pushdowns, and side delt raise this week. I've been eating around 2500cal mark - loosely tracking - easily getting at least 180g protein each day. Abdominal pinch has increased slightly, from 22mm to 26mm. Will weigh myself tomorrow, but strongly suspect I have gained weight.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
When you stop Tren, you often gain a little fat. If nothing else the thyroid has to bounce back.

Oh yeah, you broke your ankle 6 weeks ago! Lol. A little fat gain is part of an optimal recovery, likely. You know you are getting enough nutrients. Losing fat would make me wonder if you were selling that process short.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Monday 26th April

Feeling frustrated today. Had a barney with my wife over not going to a school family park day on Saturday afternoon, and now I'm stuck in the house with her where I would normally go out to clear my mind.

Ab Crossover, legs up but just mid-air now - 5x40
Side bend 5x40
Leg raises 5x25
Ab wheel roll-out 5x15
Band curls 5x20

Ortho appointment tomorrow. Hope these big screws can come out because I can feel them messing with my knee when I extend.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Tuesday 27th April

Leg raise 5x25
Push-up for 10, 5x20, 3x30
Ab wheel roll-out 3x14, 18
Red band pec fly 3x18 ea side
Red band face pull 3x20

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Tuesday 27th April

Leg raise 5x25
Push-up for 10, 5x20, 3x30
Ab wheel roll-out 3x14, 18
Red band pec fly 3x18 ea side
Red band face pull 3x20
the bonus off all this type of work is you will bullet proof your upper body for when you come back. I know I should do more face pulls and general core work but it’s an after thought rather than the focus in any session I do

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
the bonus off all this type of work is you will bullet proof your upper body for when you come back. I know I should do more face pulls and general core work but it’s an after thought rather than the focus in any session I do

Yeah man, I've found pec major, biceps, suprapsinatus, anterior serratus all responding really well to the band work. I litreally cannot db fly without crunchung noise from my right ac, but can do it with a band no problem.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Just back from x ray and consultation with the orthopaedic surgeon, good to go for next phase of rehab: loading the joint. Should be walking within 2 weeks, squatting and lunging within 6.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Thurs 29th April

Rehab is progressing well. Under orthopaedic instructions, I have progressed to walking around with no crutches. The goal is full tippy toe extension by June, then surgery in July to remove syndesmosum screws to restore full dorsiflexion. Tues night I worked on getting full weight down, wed morning I was hobbling, wed afternoon I was limping, this morning I am walking small steps.

Workout:
BW pullup 5x6
Seated plate rear delt row, 60kg ea side for 5x10
Preacher curl 50kg 5x6
Side delt raise cable machine 7.5 5x10 ea side.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Friday 30th April

Leg raise, bottom pause, 3x25, 2x20
Side raise, top pause 5x25 ea side
Benchpress, paused, 100kg 5x8
Lat pulldown '75' 3x8
Side delt raise kettlebell dropsets 10kg:8kg:6kg for 10:4:4 x3 sets.

BW109kg. Knew I was heavier - I can see it. I've put on 8kg in 3 weeks, pretty tempted to throw deca into the mix at this point and turn this into a proper cycle.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Mate you always look like you really want to flash a big cheesy grin, but changed your mind at the last second before you took your selfie

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Mate you always look like you really want to flash a big cheesy grin, but changed your mind at the last second before you took your selfie
Haha yeah I usually spam a few shots and the first one is me grinning lol. I'll post that 9ne next time.

Always feel weird about taking selfish, especially in the changeroom at the gym haha.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Sunday 2nd May

After 4 days with no crutches, I've realised my expectations for recovery are too high. I still struggle to shuffle about, and the pain is considerable. My foot is a swollen lump of flesh full of half dead muscles patched by areas of numbness and extreme sensitivity. Mobility does not appear to be improving, if anything it is worse today than it has been in weeks. My Calf muscle can barely be contracted with no improvement here at all. Sometimes when I contract the hamstring, there is an uncomfortable shift in the knee, as my gastroc fails to offer even passive resistance to stabilise the joint. Hoping for a leap in recovery one of these days.

Workout:
Leg raises 6x25
Side bend 6x25 ea side
Ab roll-out 5x20
Push up 10, 20, 5x30
Side delt raise green band 5x14
Pec fly red band 3x18 ea side

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It never seems to happen fast enough for us, but eventually things can look up. Hold the faith & focus on what you can.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Wed 5th May

Feel like ****!

Benchpress: 100kgx8, 110kgx8, 115kg 2x8, 100kgx18 AMRAP
BW pullup 3x5
Z press 40kg 3x10
Tri cable rope & bar pushdown dropsets, rope at 28, bar at 31 starts.
Lying leg raise 5x25
Lying side bend 5x30 ea side

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Thursday 6th May

Changed my MO this morning, by kicking the day off at 3am with some oats, a protein shake, 300mg caffeine and 600mg ibuprofen. It did the trick, keeping inflammation at bay and massively reducing my pain. Breakfast of champions lol.

Workout:
Lat pulldown '75' for 5x8
Cable lateral delt side raise '10' for 3x8 ea side
One legged bb upright row 50kg 3x8, 40kg 2x12
Seated rear delt unilateral row 55kg 3x12 ea side
Ab Crossover, 40reps alternating sides, 5 sets
Planche Bar push-ups 5x25

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Tuesday 11th May

Benchpress:
120kgx8, 130kgx8 (smoked it), 120kgx8, 120kg paused 2x6
Cable lat pulldown: '70' 3x12
Tri rope & bar dropsets
Leg raises 3x25
Side bends 3x30

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Just found out my second operation isn't happening til August. Gives me time to run a little cycle:
Test 490mg/week
Deca 210mg/week
Tren 210mg/week.

First pin tonight, then EOD.