BCAA Recommendation?

iDShaDoW

Awards
Yeah, I know, you all are probably sick of me asking for recommendations haha.

But I've been looking around and was wondering if anyone could recommend a good BCAA to look in to?

Like what kind of balance of the 3 should I be looking for and what kind of dosage of them should I be taking?

I've been looking and the Scifit brand looks like it might be ok?

The Scifit brand has...

Amount Per Serving:

L-Leucine: 2300mg
L-Valine: 1920mg
L-Isoleucine: 780mg

They say to take 2 servings a day. Does that seem ok? And it comes in a container of straight powder that I could mix in with my weight gainer.

The weight gainer I've been drinking though has approximately:

L-Leucine: 5.0g
L-Valine: 3.0g
L-Isoleucine: 3.0g

That's per serving and I usually just take half a serving of the weight gainer twice a day. Would that be plenty enough from the weight gainer itself and no point in adding a separate BCAA supplement into it?

Thanks for any help.

njmuscle66

DS Board Rep
Awards
Xtend would be my choice

Last edited:

chris3g

Awards
Yeah, I know, you all are probably sick of me asking for recommendations haha.

But I've been looking around and was wondering if anyone could recommend a good BCAA to look in to?

Like what kind of balance of the 3 should I be looking for and what kind of dosage of them should I be taking?

I've been looking and the Scifit brand looks like it might be ok?

The Scifit brand has...

Amount Per Serving:

L-Leucine: 2300mg
L-Valine: 1920mg
L-Isoleucine: 780mg

They say to take 2 servings a day. Does that seem ok? And it comes in a container of straight powder that I could mix in with my weight gainer.

The weight gainer I've been drinking though has approximately:

L-Leucine: 5.0g
L-Valine: 3.0g
L-Isoleucine: 3.0g

That's per serving and I usually just take half a serving of the weight gainer twice a day. Would that be plenty enough from the weight gainer itself and no point in adding a separate BCAA supplement into it?

Thanks for any help.

all protein products contain BCAA's. However, they are peptide bonded and not free-form like a BCAA product. So, in effect, they don't "count", at least not as far as meeting BCAA requirements for whatever program or guidelines you may be following.

iDShaDoW

Awards
Extend would be my choice
I think I've seen Extend spoken about on the forums. Did a Google for "Extend BCAA" but came up with nothing...

Any idea where I can find some for a good price? I know you're not supposed to show prices and whatever, but would the Trusted Supplement stores on these forums have them for sale?

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
I think I've seen Extend spoken about on the forums. Did a Google for "Extend BCAA" but came up with nothing...

Any idea where I can find some for a good price? I know you're not supposed to show prices and whatever, but would the Trusted Supplement stores on these forums have them for sale?
There are a number of board sponsors who carry Extend. I am not sure if we are allowed to say which ones.

CROWLER

Brent

Banned
Awards
  • Established

Try Xtend. Without the "E"

dannyboy9

dannyboy9

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Whenever I supplement BCAAs I like to use Universal Nutrition's BCAA Stack. The only downside to this product might be that it only comes in Grape flavor :fool2:

Brent

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Whenever I supplement BCAAs I like to use Universal Nutrition's BCAA Stack. The only downside to this product might be that it only comes in Grape flavor :fool2:

It also comes in orange. How do you like the grape flavor?

Pitbull954

Pitbull954

Awards
  • Established
FYI extend and excell are the same product I know Excell comes in ALOT of flavors so I would get them out first!

Viperspit

Viperspit

Awards
  • Established
FYI extend and excell are the same product I know Excell comes in ALOT of flavors so I would get them out first!

Are they the same exact profile? I have both and am trying to do a side by side comparison. They both taste great and mix well so far.

Pitbull954

Pitbull954

Awards
  • Established
Excell: Serving Size: 2 scoops (12g)

L-Leucine 3.5 g
L-Glutamine 2.5 g
L-Isoleucine 1.75 g
L-Valine 1.75 g
Citrulline Malate 1 g
Vitamin B6 10 mg

Extend: 2 Scoops (11.5 grams)
L-Leucine 3.5 g
L-Isoleucine 1.75 g
L-Valine 1.75 g
L-Glutamine 2.5 g
Vitamin B6 10 mg
Citrulline Malate 1 g

Pitbull954

Pitbull954

Awards
  • Established
Price difference I have not checked out yet? Probably because I'm broke at the moment and can't get either 1 LOL!!

Viperspit

Viperspit

Awards
  • Established
Guess that answers my questions. Thanks PB. Swing by the house if you need a hookup :D

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
I have only taken Excell and the two flavors I tried were outstanding. I think CROWLER did an excellent job with all the various flavors he used. Personally the fact there are so many flavors is a plus to me.

dannyboy9

dannyboy9

Banned
Awards
  • Established
It also comes in orange. How do you like the grape flavor?
It does?!?! They don't sell it @ my job.....those sons of. %#$@!$%#6!

.:regroups:.

Anyways....the Grape taste..ehh could be better, considering I take it straight and chase it with water. It tastes better chasing it with Gatorade and I believe the serving sizes aren't small either.

I would like to see how the orange tastes.

serene00

Awards
Choose Xtend or Excell and you can't go wrong.. Excell does comes in many more flavors with the price being a little lower then the Xtend.

serene00

EESCHMan

Awards
  • Established
I've tried Excell Mango & Raspberry, both are excellent, and mix surprisingly well (make sure you let it sit for a bit).