Back on the wagon log, and memes...

New guy

New guy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Ok boys its time to get serious again, when quarantine hit I was 15 pounds shy of my lifetime goal of a double bodyweight bench (and naturally too, not that it truly means anything). Things went south quickly after lockdown and I lost all motivation. I was completely off the forum for months at a time and out of the gym pretty much since September. I've got more than ever going on in life and I'd easily be able to say I have too much and keep pushing it off but I hate being weak, being out of shape, and not being at the top of my sport. Over the last couple weeks I've gotten to a semi-regular routine and am sleeping better, feeling better, and am just happier in general. Hoping to keep this going and hoping there's a few people on here who are interested to follow along but really this is mostly to keep myself accountable. There'll probably be some good memes along the way, and some bad ones 🤷‍♂️ Tonight I hit 225 for 5 sets of one feeling really good, don't wanna hit any higher without a spotter. I'd assume that my max is probably 245 or so judging off bar speed at 225. There'll be more lifts than bench but that's my big lift. For those concerned I keep the weight to what I'm totally comfortable with and I lift without clips just in case. I got everything for a halo cycle just before covid so the whole point of this log is to try and get back to where I was before so I don't feel like I'm wasting the cycle.

New guy

New guy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar

last one is sadly a true exchange, dude just finished up an M1A and dienedione cycle and put on 28 pounds while going down 2 percent body fat (Dexa scan claims). He was a couple weeks off a cut but he hit his highest body weight ever and his first time at “9 percent body fat” without starving himself on a cut. Instead of working out once gyms closed he completely gave up, put on another 10 pounds and looks like he’s never worked out a day in his life. He thinks that a single superdrol cycle is gonna get him right back to where he was. A living meme in himself

New guy

New guy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Well started this morning with back and biceps, nothing crazy but getting back into it. Big workout was a few hours of cardio up on the slopes today

New guy

New guy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Spent every day since the last update doing boring cardio or skiing, the goal is to work out lifting 4/5 days of the week and try to do cardio on the weekends. Not my usual training routine but anything to get back into it regularly. Gonna bench tonight and saying it here to keep me accountable

New guy

New guy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Did a solid bench workout. Warmup followed by 135x8 for three sets, one set of fifteen, short break and a thirty second extended hold, followed by a set of five second pause reps. Not my best by any means but it felt good and form feels solid, I think next weekend I’m gonna go heavy and see where I’m at on strength. Frustrating being this weak but better to start than keep putting it off

New guy

New guy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Did some front squats since last workout, and tweaked my hand a little, tried benching tonight but it’s a little aggravated, going to try again later.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Don't try to go too heavy, too fast.
You're coming off an Extended Break.

New guy

New guy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Don't try to go too heavy, too fast.
You're coming off an Extended Break.
Thanks for the advice man! I try not to, and I've been keeping it pretty light other than the day I hit 225 for some reps. I'm gonna try to work my way up this week and see how heavy I can go without grinding or feeling strained, just to find a benchmark.

New guy

New guy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Little update, finished my bench workout Thursday, had a last minute opportunity to go riding Friday so my workout was kicking over a big bore two stroke. Saturday was skiing so I am gonna bench today and see how it goes. Should have some numbers to post up later

New guy

New guy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Ok just as a disclaimer, when I say my max right now I mean my maximum amount lifted without a liftoff, hitch, or grind. Not a 100 percent max but as much as my body wants to lift at the moment. Felling really proud of myself, worked my way up carefully, ten pound splits instead of my usual 20. Ended at 245, really quick rep, easy down and up, and I felt great about my form. My right hand lagged about an inch at the end, barely noticeable but something to work on. Hit 245 for two with a red slingshot, and then 3 after that. Never felt strained or over exerted. Very happy with progress so far! This is where the fun begins