Aussies bulking log

psychologist

Awards
I will be starting mon 29/5/06 and Ill do my best to give weekly updates.
Im 25, in Australia so No canned chicken for me and finding wholemeal bagels took 3 days i thought i was gunna have to substitute wholemeal bread..ive been doing rob faigins NHE diet and HIE training for about 6 years, with ordinary results. I havent got measurements yet but im 78kg and about 14%. I have no idea how all of ya's eat only 6 meals, with only one meal besides post w.o before bed. How dont yas get hungry?
Anyway bobo please get back to me with all my questions i emailed u asap i gotta get sorted.....

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
good luck man. AS for the p/wo meal being a while before your bed time I had the same problem. However I go to bed alot ealier now (went from 11:30 to around 9:45-10:00) so theres only about 5 hours between p/wo and before bed. Once you get rolling in this I feel you be tired ealier and break down the time in between.

What time do you usually eat your p/wo and then what time do you go to bed?

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Anyway bobo please get back to me with all my questions i emailed u asap i gotta get sorted.....
You just emailed me yesterday!!!

:bruce1:

Email sent back.

psychologist

Awards
First Measurements Start 29/5/06

OCC FAN,
currently eat 7meals/day mod/high fat low carb (ckd)
normally finish workout 5pm latest and get 2 meals in before bed (9pm) but last meal is eaten about 7 or just after and im in bed before im hungry next.
What i am worried about with bobo is bout 4hrs before last meal. It may not even be a problem it just seems like it would be cause im not used to it, will soon find out i guess....

Got your mail thx bobo...just wanted to make sure i had everything organised before i started, plus im impatient.

Start Monday 29/5/06, tiny measurements are:

Biceps 29.5cm (relaxed with ext arm)
Shoulders - 113cm
Chest - 97cm
Waist - 85cm
Hips - 98.5cm
Thighs - 54.5cm
Weight - 78kg
Bf - 14% approx

All measurements in relaxed position, will try to update weekly.

bms0lsc

Awards
  • Established
Re: First Measurements Start 29/5/06

OCC FAN,
....last meal is eaten about 7 or just after and im in bed before im hungry next.
What i am worried about with bobo is bout 4hrs before last meal.
You can split your meals into 1/2. That way you can eat every few hours like Bobo wants. Essentially, the 6 meals on the plan can become 9 (you can't split pre, post and meal 6). It's easy if you do it that way and you don't wait 4hrs.

And you HAVE to get your meals in even if you aint hungry. Eat when you have to, not when you want to! Gotta make sure you eat your last meal right b4 you go to bed aswell. Well actually, I understand you can have it approx. 30 mins b4 bed if necessary, but I think that rule is only applicable if you have a girlfriend, lol. :)

RaulJimenez

Awards
  • Established
Glad you just started the bulking program, im gonna start it soon still haven't received the program but it should be coming soon enough, good luck.

psychologist

Awards
New measurements

Thanks for the feedback fellas,
My first weeks measurements are:

Biceps - 30.5cm (arm straight and relaxed)
Shoulders - 116cm
Chest - 102cm
Waist - 86cm
Hips - 99.5cm
Thighs - 56cm
Weight - 80.7kg

All positive besides the waist, i can never put on weight without the gut growing i hate it. Im surprised everything else has gone up that much, the first few days i found it hard to eat and drink so much (when i thought it wouldnt be enough) but i got it all down anyway. Also felt tired during same time through the days but this could have probably been due to me coming off the CKD and into this.
Workouts are a drag i am used to high intensity 40 min workouts with max 1min between sets. I cant even get a sweat anymore and the time just keeps going but i am making sure im doing as laid out. I have no idea why the workouts are laid out this way but i trust the boss knows what hes on about...
Only felt mild soreness on chest, tris and hamstrings also probably due to previous training which also had a 3 second neg.
All looks good besides the waist so im looking forward to seeing whats in the post...........

can i use 100% creatine? i have 500g left from ages ago.
- if so tell me how to use plz...

psychologist

Awards
My second weeks measurements are:

Biceps - 31cm (relaxed and ext)
Shoulders - 116.5cm
Chest - 100.5cm
Waist - 87.5cm
Hips - 97.5cm
Thighs - 56.5cm
Weight - 81.3kg

I need to point out here that the trainer who has been taking my measurements has been taking my chest, shoulder and thigh measurements through clothing (all others taken properly), although they were the same items each time so it shouldnt of changed the measurement otherwise. Stupid of me not to of said something to him sooner. Dont know why he does this maybe he gets the odd embaressed customer but from now on it will be done with them off. Ive been following diet/training 100% although on one day only i forgot to have 1 cup brocolli.
Its too early to determine if strength has gone up because the first week was more of a guess as to what weight to use for each exercise cause it was all new.
No visible results that i can tell but its still only early days.
I will be starting creatine from now on so that should help.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Ive been following diet/training 100% although on one day only i forgot to have 1 cup brocolli.
wow get your ass in gear and follow the plan! :icon_lol:

keep up the hard work and dedication man. Also I dont know why they would measure you with your clothes on but like you said your better off doing it yourself (or ask them to do it with your shirt off lol?)

psychologist

Awards
3rd weeks measurements

Third weeks measurements are:

Biceps - 31cm
Shoulders - 116.5cm
Chest - 102cm
Waist - 87.5cm
Hips - 99.5cm
Thigh - 60cm
Weight - 81.6kg

Doesnt make sense how thigh jumped so much, it was taken on bare skin as opposed to the last 2weeks.
Diet still 100% - no missed meals and drinking all the water...strength slowly improving aswell.
Till next week......

psychologist

Awards
Measurements....

My 4th weeks measurements are -

Biceps - 31cm (relaxed and ext arm)
Shoulders - 116.5cm
Chest - 102cm
Waist - 88cm
Hips - 99.5cm
Thighs - 60.5cm
Weight - 82.8kg

Not too happy with this weeks results considering ive been following diet/training 100%. Arms, shoulders and chest havent moved in over 2 weeks now!

psychologist

Awards
Measurements....

My 5th weeks measurements are:

Bicep - 31.4cm (straight relaxed arm)
Shoulders - 116.5cm
Chest - 103cm
Waist - 90cm
Hip - 100cm
Thigh - 61.5cm
Weight - 82.9kg

I dont know whats going on, 5 weeks into it and these are the results. Some of you probably think im doing something wrong but im telling you im not. Only thing ive missed in the 5 weeks is a cup of brocolli. I get 8hrs sleep a night and am following workout instructions 100%....even taking creatine to top it off.
I know ive got bad genetics but still, not what i expected...anyway its not over yet, hopefully best is to come.

bms0lsc

Awards
  • Established
Re: Measurements....

I dont know whats going on, 5 weeks into it and these are the results. Some of you probably think im doing something wrong but im telling you im not.
0.4cm on the arm and 1cm on the thigh IN 1 WEEK!? Heeeeell no you aint doing anything wrong!! Those are quality gains! Don't worry about it.:)

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
My thoughts exactly. He's up 5lbs in 5 weeks. 1lb/week is great.

danTman2

Awards
  • Established
chill out man, 5 weeks isnt going to do much in the way of results. Trust me, all the lbs(kgs) add up and after a while youll look at yourself with the "holy****" look.

psychologist

Awards
6TH Weeks measurements

My 6TH Weeks measurements are....

Bicep - 32cm (relaxed)
Shoulders - 118.5cm
Chest - 101cm??
Waist - 90cm
Hips - 101.3cm
Thighs - 59.5cm
Weight - 83.4kg

Thats a bit better, Bi's and shoulders are moving again. Dont know what happened with chest, my guess is the trainer measured incorrectly, i dont believe it would shrink like that.
Started new diet today (Monday), even though it was given to me last Tuesday (My time).
I guess you guys are right about the 1lb weight gain per week being alright, i cant really ask for more.....

psychologist

Awards
Measurements....

My 7th week measurements are...

Bicep - 32cm
Shoulders - 119cm
Chest - 103cm
Waist - 91cm
Hips - 99cm
Thigh - 62cm - ?? (trainer measuring incorrectly again)
Weight - 84kg

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
weight up, waist down! Looks like your doing damn good man... Thighs are up just a wee bit lol :).

psychologist

Awards
8th week results...

All measurements for my 8th week are the same as the 7th, except according to the trainer who measured me my thighs had dropped 1cm from the 7th to the 8th week which is obviously a load of crap i dont need to explain. My Final weight is 84.5kg and everything else is the same. Going through weeks 1-8 you can see the centimetres have gone up and down, i appologise for this, i thought the gym owner would be the best person to take measurements but in this case i was wrong. Overall at least there is a positive. I cant say i gained a lot of strength or size but it was something different. Negatives for me were no cardio, weekend training and an inconvenient diet. Having said that i probably would continue on if i didnt have a mrs.
I dont know how im going to train or eat from now on but i guess ill work it out.....

thanks to all those who encouraged and replied...