Article: Will the Paleo Diet Turn You Into Attila the Hun?

DirtyWilly

DirtyWilly

Awards
  • Established
This writer got their PHD for a $100 didn't they?

s_gautama

Awards
[Rolls Eyes]

This writer got their PHD for a $100 didn't they?
^^
Agree

The lady also says that a high carb diet will "curb your appetite." Funny, my old high carb diet used to leave me hungry 24/7.

See serotonin power diet .com for more inanity (sorry, don't have permission yet to post links)

DirtyWilly

DirtyWilly

Awards
  • Established
It's the usual propaganda from them. I didn't even have to look to see who published the article. So much speculation and hearsay, and the lack of keto knowledge wasn't funny until I saw this person has a PHD...

bcruder

Awards
Please do not use Dean Ornish as a reference. An ethical vegetarian, he has a history of cherry-picking research to support that as the only healthy option. Evolutionary, cultural and epidemiological research are secondary to that goal.

He first defended very low fat diets to demonize carnivory. His original diet included fast-digesting carbohydrates like bread and rice. Those have been shown to cause insulin resistance and obesity when not buffered by fat, fiber or calorie restriction. He only reduced those after DASH demonstrated the issue.

When research showed both that some fats were essential and that calorie restriction, not macronutrient ratio explained his diet's limited benefits, he migrated to a low fat vegetarian diet. He has not adopted a medium fat diet in spite of its superiority within the DASH diet envelope.

Finding that subjects did not honor his diet long-term without regimentation, he provided meditation, stress-reduction and counseling for the vegetarian arm of a comparison with an ad-libitem conventional diet but he titled the study as recommending his diet in isolation.

Sadly, this kind of ideological bias is rife in Huffington Post.

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Nice References HAHAHA!! Paleo combined with IF has changed my life and physique dramatically. Why even bother publishing such a pathetic article. Oh, and at least do some sort of research on the subject you are discussing...because followers of Paleo only eat meat..."eat mainly meat, with a few carefully chosen vegetables and fruits thrown in for garnish" I love this HA! There are these things called macro-nutrients and I'm pretty sure anybody taking the time to follow this life style has heard of them and utilizes the science behind them...Guess what?! fruits and vegetables contain carbohydrates!...Imagine that. I'm done ranting, awesome article Judith J. Wurthlessman