Article: Post Workout Alcohol A Bad Idea

pow_wow41

pow_wow41

Awards
Damn.. Looks like I have to replace the 12oz Yuengling with milk in my postWO shake. :facepalm:

shurushuru

Awards
This research is rubbish. There is more to life than bodybuilding. Unless u are earning a living through bodybuilding then its wise not to drink.i go to gym so I can go and drink and I look splendid

JRam

JRam

Awards
Really? They had to do a study to determine that a hangover will decrease "peak performance," and worsen reaction time, etc.?

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
This research is rubbish. There is more to life than bodybuilding. Unless u are earning a living through bodybuilding then its wise not to drink.i go to gym so I can go and drink and I look splendid
Exactly

Wrivest

Wrivest

Awards
This article makes me sad. I have a beer with my dinner almost nightly, looks like I'm destine to be a big fat fatty!

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I found a balance between looking and feeling as good as I can while keeping my sanity and social life happy many years ago.

TexasGuy

Awards
I think the overriding point is that alcohol won't have you at 100% and this is probably written for people actively working torwards a recomp. Not only that but the article specifically mentions alcohol totalling 7 and 3 drinks, not a beer at dinner. In fact, he specifically mentions smaller doses having little to no effect.

icecold9487

Awards
Really? They had to do a study to determine that a hangover will decrease "peak performance," and worsen reaction time, etc.?
yea but a 45% reduction in strength from just 3 drinks is a lot higher than i expected. especially after 12 hours.

swollz

swollz

Awards
So I bust my ass to look swoll an fly for the ladies an I can't post up in club and kick back a few and still look dope? Bull**** flag... Moderation is key... And by Monday I'm lifting just as heavy no problems

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
In my opinion and experience drinking a ****load of water throughout the night is key. I drink a lot of hard liquor on the weekends, but I also pound the water. I don't get hangovers because of this, and I never workout on Sunday anyway. I've never become out of shape or stopped gaining from drinking.

TomGreen

TomGreen

Awards
as long as you take steroids you can always remain anabolic.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think the only ones that experience a 45% strength decrease are people that aren't used to drinking or lightweights. I know when I go tear it up the night before, I make myself pay the next day in the gym and I sure as hell am not any weaker.

TomGreen

TomGreen

Awards
In my opinion and experience drinking a ****load of water throughout the night is key. I drink a lot of hard liquor on the weekends, but I also pound the water. I don't get hangovers because of this, and I never workout on Sunday anyway. I've never become out of shape or stopped gaining from drinking.
i bet youd be as big as ronnie coleman but the alcohol is holding you back

Awards
  • Established
just make sure you drop a couple recompadrols before you drink ;)

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
I wonder if it would be wise to take an AI the morning before night drinking?

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
There may be more to life than bodybuilding for most people but that doesn’t make the research rubbish