Article: Burdock For Testosterone And Libido

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's an insane amount you'd need to get the effects you wanted. Looks pretty unfeasible, although I admit I've never shopped for this supplement so I don't know the cost. But basically you'd be taking 10-35 caps for an effect. Lol.

ka0tik

Awards
If it has been used so pervasively as a health remedy, where are the human trials?

jsals22

Awards
Picked some up at my whole foods store and it was like 12bucks for 1 FL Oz bottle

GHopkins

GHopkins

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It is Practical

That's an insane amount you'd need to get the effects you wanted. Looks pretty unfeasible, although I admit I've never shopped for this supplement so I don't know the cost. But basically you'd be taking 10-35 caps for an effect. Lol.
It is practical, but you can’t get it done with store bought extracts. I make my own. If you get a hold of the report and do the math you need 5oz of Burdock root per day. I give thanks to supversity.blogspot.com and professor Andro for the human equiv. I got 2lbs form a local Asian market for $5. There they call it "Gobo". Cut up 5oz of root and blend it with 30-40 ounces of 180deg F water with a pinch of salt. Let it sit for an hour and put it in the fridge for the next day. Strain it with a fine metal strainer and drink through the day.
I wonder if I should start a thread and log it?

alexoc949

alexoc949

Awards
  • Established
It is practical, but you can’t get it done with store bought extracts. I make my own. If you get a hold of the report and do the math you need 5oz of Burdock root per day. I give thanks to supversity.blogspot.com and professor Andro for the human equiv. I got 2lbs form a local Asian market for $5. There they call it "Gobo". Cut up 5oz of root and blend it with 30-40 ounces of 180deg F water with a pinch of salt. Let it sit for an hour and put it in the fridge for the next day. Strain it with a fine metal strainer and drink through the day.
I wonder if I should start a thread and log it?
did that work out for you?

GHopkins

GHopkins

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Blast from the past. I guess I should share my adventure with burdock root to save someone else the time and headaches. Attached is the long version. You can skip to the end for the current recipe.
Based upon the research paper, I wanted to reproduce the 600mg/kg mouse model dosage. Here comes the calculation. 600mg/kg x 90kg x 3/37(BSA conversion) / .12(extract yield)=~36000mg divide by 28350mg per ounce you get 1.5 ounces root per day. Now comes the preparation. From the paper it had the root cooked at 80degC for 1.5 hours. I took about 5-6 ounces of washed root in a blender with boiling water to make up 33fl ounces and blended it up. This quantity matched a juice bottle that I had on hand. Let it sit for an hour or two, took some and put the rest in the fridge for latter. I just eyeballed about 4 FL ounces two times a day. I strained it at first, but then stopped because the inulin fiber in the root is supposed to be good for you. Straining it had no real impact other than ease of drinking and I got tired of cleaning the strainer.
The first thing you find is one of the side effects becomes annoying. It is a mild diuretic and laxative. In this form it became a Major laxative. Long term it was not usable unless you were going to stay home. I stopped after 2 days and looked for options. I found on the web that salt or soy sauce should be used when cooking burdock root. So I tried added a teaspoon of salt. The mixture changed from a light brown to a slightly darker brown. The effect was worse. I tried a teaspoon of sodium bicarbonate (during the whole bicarb frenzy), it turned much darker. This is the point where I almost gave up. The next day I felt the need to check the toilet for seat belts, and wanted to yell FIRE IN THE HOLE as everything let fly. I let 2 weeks go by before giving it another try.
This time I went in the other direction. I added two table spoons of apple cider vinegar to the mix. It was not as dark as the plain root, and a little better with GI tract. But not quite ready for prime time yet. Next I tried adding lemon juice to the mix prior to blending (one whole mid-sized lemon). This time it looked tan just like the color for the root. The side effects were tolerable, so off to the races we go.
After the first week I felt great. My energy level was up with higher controlled aggression in the gym. During the second week I started to up the dosage. More is always better right? I was getting close to the higher dose in the lab papers, which was 3 ounces per day. The runs started coming back but I didn’t care, because I felt great. Then after 2 ½ weeks everything fell flat. No amount could get it back. At this point I was not sure if I took too much or it must be cycled 2 weeks on and one week off. It could be both. It could have an inverted U response just like Bulbine and the lab test with rats was terminated after two weeks. I ran it one more time for just two weeks and it went alright. Then some other new supps came out and I got busy with work, home and other things and never posted this info.
Based upon your interest, I wanted to try another batch with lemon without any heating, just room temperature water. I will get back with the results if anybody wants to hear them.
If you want to give it a try use 5oz washed root with juice from one lemon and enough water for around 32oz. This is enough for 3-4 days. Start slow and see how it treats you.

alexoc949

alexoc949

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, that was a series bump right there. thanks for your update/reply. Putting together a bulk herb order, cayenne Ashwagandha milk thistle etc n came across this root in powder form. Almost seems like more trouble than it'sworth. Sounding like a solid laxative tho.

GHopkins

GHopkins

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I agree with you about the root in powder form. From what I see it is marketed as a cleanse and detox type supplement. From my experience it will clean you out. To get the testosterone boost shown in the research paper, you need to look at this as a food selection. I have found no supplement in quantity or preparation that could give you the boost without the runs. So I don’t expect a company to try to make a supplement like this. But the raw root is available and cheap.
I am one day into another round with the cold blending, and I like the way it feels.