AP Manual!!

ZIMM

Awards
One product (Anabolic Pump) is meant to modulate energy expenditure pathways as a whole - upregulating genes responsible for energy storage (and efficient energy metabolism) in myocytes, while deregulating energy storage mechanisms in adipocytes.

The other (P-Slin) is more exclusive to glucose homeostasis as a whole. The GS in P-Slin increases the efficiency of Pancreatic islet cells, and regulates Insulin release. The direct mitigation of Insulin release dictates more glycogen storage, and less induction of lipolysis and prevention of adipogenesis than, Anabolic Pump.
in laymen terms Does this mean you will store less bodyfat while using anabolic pump if you over consume carbs?
and if you consume the same amount of carbs on pslin you will store more glycogen , but also more bodyfat as compared to anabolic pump?

another words if you over consume carbs you have a better chance of gaining body fat while using anabolic pump as compared to pslin, correct?

dexterium

dexterium

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
in laymen terms Does this mean you will store less bodyfat while using anabolic pump if you over consume carbs?
and if you consume the same amount of carbs on pslin you will store more glycogen , but also more bodyfat as compared to anabolic pump?

another words if you over consume carbs you have a better chance of gaining body fat while using anabolic pump as compared to pslin, correct?
Anabolic Pump will definitely make your body have a preference for storing glucose in muscle cells and not fat.

Personally, if I was going to eat, say, 300 g of carbs in one sitting while at Pizza Hut, I would definitely want to take P-Slin before.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I did this for our forum, figured i would post it here too...

USPlabs Official Anabolic Pump Manual by Mulletsoldier

The What:
An easy reference manual guiding you, the consumer, to maximize results from the most potent Glucose Disposal product on the market - Anabolic Pump! In these pages, we're going to set out to create a mistake-free, easy to understand manual which touches on all the diet, workout, and timing concerns surrounding Anabolic Pump.

Unsure of how to dose Anabolic Pump with your body type? Your answer is here.

Worried about when and how to dose AP?
Likewise.

Wondering how and if you can customize your dosage?
You know it, here is the place.

We don’t want to bog you down with the scientific literature here either, that is for a different time and place; at USPlabs we feel confident in the legitimate information we produce on our products, and, plus, if you are reading this, you are probably somewhat familiar with the basic science behind Anabolic Pump already.

Here, in this manual, we would rather focus on the how instead of the why, making it easier for you to get the most efficacy for your dollar.

The Why:
USPlabs as a company has recognized the need to guide consumers in the use of Anabolic Pump. In spending your hard-earned cash on our products, we create a relationship,
and we want to do everything to make this the most fruitful relationship it can possibly be.

We have recognized that as Anabolic Pump continues to reach unprecedented sales numbers, individuals who are not 'supplement versed' will be taking our product. As such, we want to equalize the knowledge surrounding Anabolic Pump, giving the casual consumer just as much of an advantage in maximizing Anabolic Pump as the regular forum poster!

The fact that Anabolic Pump is what one may call a ‘diet dependent’ product, also necessitates some explanation on its use. In an ideal world, all who use our products would be versed in the finer points of an athletic lifestyle
diet; unfortunately, not all have the time or information, and that is where we come in!

The Who:
You! Yes you! But you may be asking, “Who am I?”. Fantastic question, unfortunately here at USP Labs we can only assist you in narrowing down what carb-reaction type you are. All existential questions will be covered in our next manual “USP Labs’ Guide to Existentialism” (joking).

There is quite a bit of controversy and debate surrounding how many metabolic types there are (3, 30, 300?) and all these opinions depend on exactly what one is categorizing the body as. There are body-frame categories, categories surrounding metabolic rate, blood type, fat-level, etc., As it becomes pretty difficult to quantify these things, and they
are rather subjective, we are going to forego this types of categorizations in this manual and simplify things a great deal by creating categories based solely on one’s reactions to carbohydrates; in this manner, we can avoid over-complicating this issue, and get down to the nitty-gritty about Anabolic Pump, which is how it uses the carbohydrates you place into your body. So, without further adieu, let us lay down the main carb-reaction types we have noticed at USPlabs.

Carbohydrate Non-Responsive:
As the name suggests, individuals in this category have a little to no reaction to carbohydrates, and generally calories in general; in other words, the classic ‘hard-gainer’. The key point in being included in this category is a complete ‘non-reaction’, for all intensive purposes. Individuals in this category see very little residual adipose gain from an excess in calories, but very little muscle gain as well. Those of you who are Carb Non-Responders are most likely genetically thin, very lean, and generally need to consume well over 500 calories above maintenance, as is often suggested.

Carbohydrate Responsive:
Generally the individuals in this category have the reaction to carbohydrates, and calories in general, that most are jealous of. If you find yourself in this category, carbohydrates work highly in your favor, producing noticeable gains in strength, and muscular size with proper
exercise. While gross over-consumption may cause some residual adipose storage, for the most part individuals in this category are naturally muscularly developed, lean, and respond well to all types of training. Most often these individuals have been labeled ‘Mesomorphs’.

Carbohydrate Reactive:
The general characteristic for being included in this category is an unfavorable reaction to carbohydrates in general; essentially, this means one may or may not easily gain muscle, but adipose is discouragingly easy to gain.

There is however two sub-types in this category, Type I
and Type II.

• Type I Carb Reactives are those individuals who are naturally predisposed to fat gain, and have naturally been slightly over weight. These individuals may gain muscle easily as well, but need to be especially sensitive to the carbohydrate level in their diet.

• Type II Carb Reactives are similar to Carb Non-Responsives, save for the fact over consumption of carbohydrates can lead to what are known as ‘sugar-bellies’. These individuals classically label themselves as ‘skinny fat’, and need to be as sensitive to their carbohydrate intake as do Type I Carb Reactives.

The How:
So far, we’ve answered the what, the who, and the why, and now time to address the only reason you’re reading this - the how! First, we are going to suggest a plan of action for each individual carbohydrate type in terms of timing, and carbohydrate levels; next, we will discuss the most effective way to utilize Anabolic Pump around one’s workout; finally, we will suggest commonly used carbohydrate sources, as well as those we have experienced the most beneficial effects from.

Carbohydrate Non-Responsive:
The key for those of you in this group is creating a reaction to get past the Insulin insensitivity which probably assists in your lack of gains. We can accomplish this by customizing
the timing of Anabolic Pump itself, as well as utilizing a mixture of simple and complex carbohydrates in order to cause the Insulin spike necessary to drive glycogen into muscle cells. If you plan to follow this particular dosing plan, it is of the utmost important that, more or less, you
have very little reaction to carbohydrates one way or another as we will be suggesting an immediate raise in carbohydrate levels. Consumers in this group will dose Anabolic Pump three times a day.

The plan for Carb Non-Responders is as follows:

• Timing:
30-45 minutes prior to carbohydrate heavy meal. We feel that Carb Non-Responders may simply need more time to adjust to the Anabolic Pump, and have it exert its effect on
GLUT4. It is very likely that those in this group are naturally predisposed to have a lack of activity in the Insulin-responsive protein cascades that active GLUT4 in the muscle cell. By allowing Anabolic Pump longer to work, this increases the chances it will cause a larger amount of GLUT4 to translocate.

• Carbohydrate Type and Level:
A 70/30 mixture of 70-80g of simple and complex carbohydrates, respectively. The reasoning behind the mixture in question is creating an Insulin spike that most naturally avoid, and, in their case, rightfully so; however, for Carb Non-Responsives, utilizing a mixture of simple and complex carbohydrates will ensure an Insulin spike of great
enough magnitude will be created to drive glycogen into the muscle cells, as well as a release which is sustained enough to create the glycogen storage which is initially sought after. Adipose storage should be of little concern here for two reasons: a) Anabolic Pump simultaneously causes a greater expression of GLUT4, and a lack of expression of PPAR Gamma 2, a gene largely responsible for lipid (fat) accumulation, and b) if you are within this category, adipose storage has usually been of little to no concern to you.

Carbohydrate Responsive:
It is this group which needs the least amount of customization because of their naturally favorable reaction to carbohydrates. However, also due to their naturally favorable reaction, those of you in this group may also notice the least aesthetic effects from Anabolic Pump. At
USP Labs, however, we have noticed that this lack of aesthetic effects is usually accompanied by favorable reactions in recovery, strength, and endurance. The plan of action for this group is more or less introducing the Anabolic Pump into an already set routine.

Consumers in this group will dose Anabolic Pump three times a day as well.

• Timing:
15-20 minutes before carbohydrate meal. As stated, the individuals in this group already possess a set of metabolic processes which react favorably to carbohydrates. This essentially means that Anabolic Pump will assist what already works to work better.

• Carbohydrate Type and Level:
60g of whatever carbohydrate type the user reacts to the most favorably. Once again, an already favorable carb-reaction requires pretty little suggestion on our part! Our only suggestion for this carb-reaction type is to ensure that at least 60g of carbohydrates are consumed with each Anabolic Pump dosing; we also suggest nutritious, sustained release carbohydrate types, but that is up to the individual user.

Carbohydrate Reactive:
The natural sensitivity to carbohydrates those of you in this group experience requires a longer acclimation process than the other groups. We feel it is best to start off with longer dosage timing, combined with smaller amounts of carbohydrates in order to sensitize the body to Anabolic Pump. In time, this group will be able to increase their carbohydrate levels, and decrease their dose timing as more favorable reactions become apparent. As a result, we are going to give suggestions which change over time as the user becomes more ‘carb-friendly’.

Consumers in this group will initially start off with two doses daily, and move up to three as they become more acclimated to the product.

• Timing (Days 1-7 appx.,):
30-45 minutes prior to meals already planned to contain carbohydrates. We feel that for Carb-Reactives, a similar approach must be taken to that of Non-Responsives to assist the body in becoming acclimated to Anabolic Pump. Begin this timing schedule immediately, paying attention to your reactions as you continue. If you find yourself becoming too hungry, light-headed, or lethargic, decrease the timing to 15-20 minutes prior.

• Timing (Days 7 and on):
Adjust according to reaction. As said above, the best approach for Carb-Reactives is to begin with a longer wait time and gauge the reaction through continued dosing. This
process is somewhat intuitive, basically a ‘you’ll know it when you feel it’ process.

• Carbohydrate Type and Level (Days 1-7):
20-40g of complex carbohydrates. For those of you who react unfavorably to carbohydrates, it is important to begin with a measured response. Start off small and work your way up. As with the timing, gauge your response, and only increase if no bloating, and/or immediate fat gain occurs. As you begin to increase your carbohydrates, increase in increments of roughly 10g/dose; or, in other words, on Day 1 you may be dosing 20g/dose, and increase that to 30g/dose on Day 3.

• Carbohydrate Type and Level (Day 7 and on):
40-60g according to progress. As with the timing, this is going to dependent on the users themselves and will be somewhat intuitive. If you begin to see little fat gain, increased endurance, and muscle mass, etc., than feel free to slowly increase the amount of carbohydrates as time passes.

Tips from USPlabs on using Anabolic Pump

Maximizing Dosage for Workout:
Some of the confusion surrounding Anabolic Pump stems from indecision on how to best utilize it around a workout. Questions such as “I can only eat at 4:30 but cannot workout until 7:00, what should I do?” inevitably come up. We are going to set out here to give some quick tips
that should more or less clear this confusion. Obviously, these will not answer every question and will not address every possible situation, but they should give a fairly competent general guide.

Anabolic Pump Should be Dosed with the Meal Closest to Your Workout:
Each individual is different, has different time constraints, and different preferences when it comes to carbohydrates around a workout. If you are one of those individuals who cannot workout on a full stomach, for example, you can still find usefulness in Anabolic Pump. Simply ensure that you dose it, according to your carb-reaction type, with the meal closest to your workout, whenever that may be.

Anabolic Pump Can Assist Most Products to Work Better:
One of the most common questions we hear at USP Labs is, “Does Anabolic Pump work with ‘X’ Product?”. For almost every product besides Insulin Potentiators, the answer is yes; in fact, by shuttling nutrients to the cell, Anabolic Pump can make most products work better.

In terms of Insulin Potentiators, Anabolic Pump still works effectively with these products to divert glycogen into muscle cells, but, as they modulate Insulin, they can be counterproductive to Anabolic Pump’s positive effect on fat accumulation.

Anabolic Pump Works Independent of Insulin:
This isn’t a ‘tip’ perse, but something that we at USP Labs feel inclined to mention.

Anabolic Pump works through Insulin-mediated pathways, but has no direct effect on Insulin itself; essentially, this means Anabolic Pump helps Insulin to work better!

Do Not Dose Anabolic Pump After a Carbohydrate Meal:
This seems more or less common sense, but it is an important point to mention. GLUT4, Anabolic Pump’s main method of action, regenerates as Insulin levels in the bloodstream recede. This means that a dose of Anabolic Pump after a carbohydrate meal is essentially wasted.

Anabolic Pump’s Half-Life is 4-6 Hours:
Another question we hear is “Will Anabolic Pump still work if I cannot eat for an hour after?”. The answer, once again, is yes. While Anabolic Pump works most effectively during the
timing mentioned above, it will still exert a favorable effect on carbohydrate metabolism for up to 6 hours.

Suggested Carbohydrate Sources:
This section is pretty self-explanatory, these are just some favorites of ours at USPlabs to cap-off the Manual:
Oats
Sweet Potatoes (Yams)
Whole Grain Bagels
White Rice
Brown Rice
Broccoli
Cauliflower
Bran Cereal
Wheat Bran
Oat Bran
Trace Carb Sources (peppers, carrots, other vegetables)
Waxy Maize Starch and Maltodextrin (for simple/complex mixture)

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Great Job^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^:clap2:
Please realize, i did not type it in the first place. I simply formatted it for pasting on the forum, it was in .pdf for download before.

Thank the Mulletman!

renkev88

renkev88

Awards
i have a quick AP question. if I only want to use AP 2 times a day would it be best to use it pre and pwo which would be meal 2 and 3 out of 5 for me. or would it be better to take one pre and then at either meal 4 or 5?

thanks!

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i have a quick AP question. if I only want to use AP 2 times a day would it be best to use it pre and pwo which would be meal 2 and 3 out of 5 for me. or would it be better to take one pre and then at either meal 4 or 5?

thanks!
What does your meal 3, 4 and 5 looks like macronutrient wise?

renkev88

renkev88

Awards
i have 155 grams of carbs a day. right now im having 20% of my carbs at meal one, 25% at meal 2(pre) and 30% at meal 3(pwo). which is about 30grams, 38grams, and 47 grams for meal 1,2,and 3.then i divide the rest over meal 4 and5 ehich is about 20-25 grams per meal. protien is about 140 grams and fat about 35 split over the 5meals. im in offseason right now and im slowly upping my carbs in hopes of adding more muscle without adding too much fat which is why i want to use the AP again.

thanks!

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i have 155 grams of carbs a day. right now im having 20% of my carbs at meal one, 25% at meal 2(pre) and 30% at meal 3(pwo). which is about 30grams, 38grams, and 47 grams for meal 1,2,and 3.then i divide the rest over meal 4 and5 ehich is about 20-25 grams per meal. protien is about 140 grams and fat about 35 split over the 5meals. im in offseason right now and im slowly upping my carbs in hopes of adding more muscle without adding too much fat which is why i want to use the AP again.

thanks!
We recommend that you consume at least 40g of complex carbohydrate with each dose of Anabolic-Pump. If you are low on those numbers, you may experience mild hypoglycemic like effects. The beauty of Anabolic-Pump is that you can consume higher amounts of carbohydrate, reaping the benefits in increased muscle size/volume, endurance, etc. while blunting fat-gain from carbohydrate consumption. In my opinion, I would up your carbohydrate load on meal 4, post workout, to ~40g. You can add even a half serving of fruit to get to this number. As i said, you should get at least 40g of complex carbohydrate shortly after dosing the Anabolic-Pump.

The positive effects of carbohydrate intake will remain intact while eradicating fat-gain from consumption of carbohydrate.

renkev88

renkev88

Awards
We recommend that you consume at least 40g of complex carbohydrate with each dose of Anabolic-Pump. If you are low on those numbers, you may experience mild hypoglycemic like effects. The beauty of Anabolic-Pump is that you can consume higher amounts of carbohydrate, reaping the benefits in increased muscle size/volume, endurance, etc. while blunting fat-gain from carbohydrate consumption. In my opinion, I would up your carbohydrate load on meal 4, post workout, to ~40g. You can add even a half serving of fruit to get to this number. As i said, you should get at least 40g of complex carbohydrate shortly after dosing the Anabolic-Pump.

The positive effects of carbohydrate intake will remain intact while eradicating fat-gain from consumption of carbohydrate.

if i have 40 grams pre and pwo workout( Meal 2 and 3 for me) and take ap at these two meals is this ok? are you saying to have one at meal 2(pre) and then meal 4 the next meal after my pwo meal?

thanks

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
if i have 40 grams pre and pwo workout( Meal 2 and 3 for me) and take ap at these two meals is this ok? are you saying to have one at meal 2(pre) and then meal 4 the next meal after my pwo meal?

thanks
That would be ok but now that i look at it, i would change it up a little bit.

What you could do is rather than immediately pre-workout, you could dose with breakfast. This will allow for a longer duration between the two doses and allow for a full day of effective/efficient carbohydrate metabolism.

Meal 1 and meal 4 would be most beneficial, in my opinion.

Sorry for the confusion.

renkev88

renkev88

Awards
That would be ok but now that i look at it, i would change it up a little bit.

What you could do is rather than immediately pre-workout, you could dose with breakfast. This will allow for a longer duration between the two doses and allow for a full day of effective/efficient carbohydrate metabolism.

Meal 1 and meal 4 would be most beneficial, in my opinion.

Sorry for the confusion.
thats ok! thanks!

would it be ok though to do meal 1 and 3(pwo for me) this would be at 6am and then again at 1pm or so instead of meal 4 which is usually 4:30pm since this is my biggest carb meal of the day.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
thats ok! thanks!

would it be ok though to do meal 1 and 3(pwo for me) this would be at 6am and then again at 1pm or so instead of meal 4 which is usually 4:30pm since this is my biggest carb meal of the day.
I would rather see it dosed farther apart, like meal 1 and 4. 1 and 3 may be a little two close as the effects of Anabolic-Pump do last from 4-6 hours.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
so pre and post workout is not good for AP?

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
so pre and post workout is not good for AP?
I would rather it be spread out. With the half-life, it may be simply nullified. I would opt for keeping the pre-workout and leaving the third dose for later in the evening. PostPost workout meal?

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
gotcha...it just through me off because on the bottle it says bfast, pre and post workout....

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
gotcha...it just through me off because on the bottle it says bfast, pre and post workout....
Right, it is fine, i like to dose far apart personally...

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
but arent potatoes considered medium-high GI ?
Yes. Complex carbohydrate is much preferred however, Potatoes will suffice. I would not opt for white potatoes exclusively.