Anyone worried if Corona virus keeps spreading the gyms will shut down?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I have yet to hear anything about booster mandates from hospitals themselves, governors, or O’Biden. I just now know that healthcare workers and other front line workers of any age will be eligible for the Pfizer booster after the recent CDC overrule- or whatever it was.

People were talking about it today at work, and supposedly it’s going to start being offered starting this week and is optional at this point.

We are up to 20 positive admits now, with just 2 being on ventilators. It’s still at least 50% being the vaccinated or partially vaccinated, but those people are doing very well. I had one new (to me) unvaccinated rather obese lady today who was complaining about the fact that she needed oxygen, her painful cough, shortness of breath with any movement, and her heart feeling stressed. I’m like, ”well, that’s because you have COVID!” Some of these people just kill me.

In other news, we have our first official RRT out because she caught the China virus from her husband who works from home….ironic! The very first one within our department to be diagnosed. Meanwhile, another RRT was pulled out of work because he had dinner with friends who have since tested positive. He is symptomatic with a dry throat and runny nose so I have a feeling he will also be positive. Guess who has to work an extra shift tomorrow?
are they still doing 14 day mandatory quarantine for anyone who tests positive?

if so are they giving full pay if out with covid?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Ya, Help Yourself!
i am all in for a safety net for those unable to work and to help those who are really trying to find employment...unfortunately we have become a nation of people who vote for whoever promises to give them money for nothing, even if most of the time it's just tricks for free.
it never ceases to amaze me how voters fall for this crap--i remember back in 76 when carter was running for president NORML went around to concerts and places where young people gathered saying that carter would legalize pot-this is how carter got the youth vote...today i saw where many youth thought and expected biden to wipe away student debt and free medical care---neither of which i think will happen---but it did secure biden the youth vote... oh and biden also criticized trump's handling of the covid, even though 8 months after vaccines came out numbers are still on the increase....young and dumb-then and now, nothing changes :)

Last edited:
Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
What is RRT?
Registered Respiratory Therapist. Or as I like to call it- “What The **** Was I Thinking?!”
are they still doing 14 day mandatory quarantine for anyone who tests positive?

if so are they giving full pay if out with covid?
Yes, they pay you for the day off required for testing/results. If positive, they pay you for your missed shifts as well. We believe it’s a mandatory 10 days quarantine at full pay. So the good news is, the other RRT came back negative after his exposure. We would have been sh*t ass short staffed in that event.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Years ago (almost 40) I was training a guy at the guy who could not seam to get his breathing right while do bench presses, at the end of our would out I ask him what he did for a living, his reply Registered Respiratory Therapist. I will never forget this!

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
They say it’s the pandemic of the unvaccinated where I live in Florida. But three of my closest friends are firefighter/emts and their wive’s are nurses. My buddies say it’s about 50/50 vaxxed vs unvaxxed on their calls. They have shared several cardiac arrests of people within 48 hours post vax..and their wives are saying the hospitals would ask folks if they were vaccinated and if they said yes, they would send them home. Kinda sketch. Now they are saying they can only follow the protocol of Remdesivir and vent. They say it isn’t working out so well at all. Lots of issues w Remdesivir. Also one of them said they weren’t allowed to have family in to see them while their were dying yet they let media in and they’d go around and ask if any of them regretted not getting vaxxed and then they would do a story on it. So no fam, but media is fine. Get vaxxed or don’t, not my business. All I know is it doesn’t keep you from getting it and I’ve had Covid and did just fine. Seems like more going on than Covid all around the world right now.
Florida has done well! hopefully no issues with Biden trying to limit regeneron supply per state

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Florida has done well! hopefully no issues with Biden trying to limit regeneron supply per state
i wouldn't count on biden getting anything right...just sayino_O