Anyone worried if Corona virus keeps spreading the gyms will shut down?

JeremyNG25

JeremyNG25

Awards
  • Established
Did you see Jason? LOL.
Ive seen him at the Boca location lifting with some other guy. They were loudly talking about their cycles and barely lifting. They did a set maybe every ten minutes or so and filmed every set they did. Mostly they just talked and took up space. It was pathetic

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Do I need to break out the quadratic equation for this?
He probably thinks it's a leg isosceles exercise in angling the quadratics... because as we all know... it is.

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It is funny/ strange if you talk to several emergency room Drs. they have several different views on how serious or non- serious this is. Just like watching different tv stations. I think that is where everything is tough to understand, there are plenty of nurses and doctors claiming this is no worse than the flu, and the "Hero" Dr. claiming how hard it is saving all these lives. I assume truth somewhere in the middle.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
🍺
one for you and one for me
🍺
Hey, considering all this beer...your math actually ain't all that bad.

If you have 3 limes rolling across the table from left to right at 2 feet per second, and 2 limes traveling across the table from right to left at 1 foot per second, and 4 beers, how many limes end up in a beer?

Ok, its getting late.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Hey, considering all this beer...your math actually ain't all that bad.

If you have 3 limes rolling across the table from left to right at 2 feet per second, and 2 limes traveling across the table from right to left at 1 foot per second, and 4 beers, how many limes end up in a beer?

Ok, its getting late.
picture in your mind if you will, Einstein starring at a giant chalk board trying to figure out Mc squared...…

o_O

im glad you got your beer.. just4comm almost stole it!

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
God damn it... you fekers have managed to drag my ass back in..

HIT brother/./. its like I told you two months ago … simple math. no need to convolute it with BS>. 7+ billion total people and 300k deaths/./. the math equals about .04 % which is what I said all along. this is total BS in comparison to the regular flu and NEVER warranted the shut down. that doesn't change your outlook and I understand it. but the math when done non common core tells the real story. further to make you all mad.. the CDC and the WHO now agree that Sweden was right all along.. weird.
Holy hell are you an idiot...

First off, 300k / 7bil = 0.0004%. So you’re wrong there.

Second, why the hell are you using the GLOBAL population? I assume a lot of people in rural Africa are catching the virus? and China is accurately reporting their death count?

Third, all the sources have the death rate at 0.4% or higher, not 0.04%. Numbers are hard though, I know...

Go back and see my post where I calculated based on New York’s data, and it was ~1% IIRC, with 0.4-1% being the most common numbers coming out recently.

NOT 0.04%, and not using whatever half-baked, asinine calculations you just attempted to use.

Saying this is “BS compared to the regular flu?” F**k off with that BS; does your a** ever get jealous of the s**t that comes out of your mouth?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
so you all apparently missed the WHO now says Sweden was right? and the CDC admits the 100 k death total is skewed according to dr Brix? how do youall feel about those developments since we will never agree on math?
We never agree on math because pretty much every single time you post a “calculation” it’s flat out wrong...

And besides calculation errors, your methodology is f**ked...

You use the GLOBAL population? So your assumption for COVID death rate is that EVERY SINGLE PERSON ON EARTH already had the virus. If that was true, then the pandemic is over you absolute idiot sandwich... everyone already had it according to your calculations...

If you can’t grasp why you’re wrong, I’m terribly sorry for you.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How do you not agree on math? Math is math. 2 + 2 is always 4. 98,000/1,600,000 is always 6.1%. You can ignore it, but you can't really disagree.

And my math has taken into account the arguments of the naysayers - that serology tests show a mich higher infection rate...so the denominator is likely larger. The serology data that has been provided shows 1/7 cases or more are confirmed. So worst case scenario is 7 x 1.6M = 11,200,000 infections in the US. So, 98,000 / 11,200,000 = 0.875% death rate.

The CDC is now implying the denominator is much smaller (in the realm of 2,400,000 instead of 11M) but somehow so is the death rate. Something is missing.

Sweden. There are news articles saying all kinds of things.

Sweden has 35,000 confirmed cases and 4,200 confirmed deaths that's a 12% death rate among cinfirmed cases. Double the US. But sure, they went the right way over the US. Lets ignore this.

They have just 35,000 cases so far. The serology studies in Sweden have shown that only 7% of the population of stockholm has been infected. They expected they would achieve 50% by now. So it didn't work there. Lets ignore that

The population of Stockholm is approx. 975,000. Approx. 11,000 confirmed cases of Covid in Stockholm, or just over 1%. 7% of the total population suggests that 68,250 cases have occurred. The 7% serology study suggests the 1 in 6 to 1 in 7 number is similar across environments. I can't find the confirmed deaths in stockholm, but if you apply the country's death rate (which should be lower overall than stockholm) of 12% to the 11,000 confirmed cases you get 1,320. 1320 / 68,250 = 1.9% death rate. Basic math. Lets ignore this too, fine.

Having said all of that, I kind of see what Sweden is trying to do and what they are hoping and they honestly have been mischaracterized. They aren't legislating. They are trying to get people to take care of themselves. Stay home, stay away - they are actually doing a lot of what everyone else is doing. They just don't have as many people who can't do math arguing that this is like the flu and everyone should just ignore it.

BTW - if my math is wrong, you have choices. Ignore it and believe whatever you want to believe right or wrong. Or show me it is wrong and how. I have made plenty of mathematical errors in my life.
Isn’t the overwhelming consensus it’s at least 0.4%, potentially ~1%? Based on areas where they have not only death counts but more extensive antibody testing like NYC?

This other guy is using GLOBAL population in his calculations. What an absolute joke...

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Holy hell are you an idiot...

First off, 300k / 7bil = 0.0004%. So you’re wrong there.

Second, why the hell are you using the GLOBAL population? I assume a lot of people in rural Africa are catching the virus? and China is accurately reporting their death count?

Third, all the sources have the death rate at 0.4% or higher, not 0.04%. Numbers are hard though, I know...

Go back and see my post where I calculated based on New York’s data, and it was ~1% IIRC, with 0.4-1% being the most common numbers coming out recently.

NOT 0.04%, and not using whatever half-baked, asinine calculations you just attempted to use.

Saying this is “BS compared to the regular flu?” F**k off with that BS; does your a** ever get jealous of the s**t that comes out of your mouth?
Haha, you are saying what I said but we both called Ripper on it so I have to be fair - I get 300,000 / 7,000,000,000 = .00004 = .004% (not .0004%). Just being fair here.

But to highlight, I make math mistakes too...not exactly the point, just if you are gonna call it simple math...better not forget 9 out of 10 dead people.

Isn’t the overwhelming consensus it’s at least 0.4%, potentially ~1%? Based on areas where they have not only death counts but more extensive antibody testing like NYC?

This other guy is using GLOBAL population in his calculations. What an absolute joke...
I am seeing all kinds of numbers from. All kinds of sources. Some of the data I find highly questionable - for instance I questioned the early serology headlines stating infection rates were 50× higher than the confirmed cases. Looking at the more recent serology data it appears we are confirming 1/5 - 1/7 of the cases based on my math using the raw numbers.

So .4% seems low to me...I suspect it is closer to 1% or maybe even a little over 1%. I could be wrong. But yeah, the math when done by me at least doesn't support much below 0.5% death rate.

I was mostly curious as to how the CDC arrived at the numbers BamBam put out since they are basically saying only 35% of cases are asymptomatic but the death rate is 0.3-0.4%. They have some data we don't maybe...or they are twisting something because the math doesn't add up.

As far as concensus, I know you know this based on your previous responses, but people who use the concensus argument get my guard up - the concensus used to be that the Earth was the center of the Universe.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Haha, you are saying what I said but we both called Ripper on it so I have to be fair - I get 300,000 / 7,000,000,000 = .00004 = .004% (not .0004%). Just being fair here.

But to highlight, I make math mistakes too...not exactly the point, just if you are gonna call it simple math...better not forget 9 out of 10 dead people.

I am seeing all kinds of numbers from. All kinds of sources. Some of the data I find highly questionable - for instance I questioned the early serology headlines stating infection rates were 50× higher than the confirmed cases. Looking at the more recent serology data it appears we are confirming 1/5 - 1/7 of the cases based on my math using the raw numbers.

So .4% seems low to me...I suspect it is closer to 1% or maybe even a little over 1%. I could be wrong. But yeah, the math when done by me at least doesn't support much below 0.5% death rate.

I was mostly curious as to how the CDC arrived at the numbers BamBam put out since they are basically saying only 35% of cases are asymptomatic but the death rate is 0.3-0.4%. They have some data we don't maybe...or they are twisting something because the math doesn't add up.

As far as concensus, I know you know this based on your previous responses, but people who use the concensus argument get my guard up - the concensus used to be that the Earth was the center of the Universe.
Haha, yeah, we all make math mistakes, simple bad algebra, a wrong decimal place, etc. but that dude consistently uses fundamentally flawed methodology and faulty logic. That isn’t forgivable IMO. The two together is just aggravating I suppose. One of the two is enough; so I try to stick just to the first. ;)

As for consensus views, I’m just saying that if the actual values we can calculate ourselves with more detailed data, like I did with NYC, give ~1%, and the lowest reported values seem to be ~0.4%, it’s HIGHLY improbable that it’s actually 0.04% like that guy is claiming. Also, a medical consensus based on empirical data isn’t really the same as the center of the universe. We may be off by a few percent, even a few times, depending on our assumptions of the denominator (based on antibody test samples), it’s generally within a general range, while a heliocentric view is just so wrong that the two discussions aren’t really comparable, although I see what you’re saying.

BamBam54

BamBam54

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Perhaps it's as simple as using more than the latest asymptomatic numbers. For example - if asymptomatic cases are those that show virtually no illness, that still leaves many mild cases up to severe cases that also do not die. All cumulatively affecting the best guess real fatality rate of apx 0.4 (per CDC latest, and subject to change)

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Sooooo, how are all these riots, Er I mean “protests” gonna skew the numbers . These fellas and ladies are PPEless!!!!! Arrest them!

Let’s see the new maths.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Perhaps it's as simple as using more than the latest asymptomatic numbers. For example - if asymptomatic cases are those that show virtually no illness, that still leaves many mild cases up to severe cases that also do not die. All cumulatively affecting the best guess real fatality rate of apx 0.4 (per CDC latest, and subject to change)
I would assume a very large percentage of the severe cases are being counted, a smaller percentage of mild cases is being counted, and a very small percentage of asympyomatic cases are getting counted. Using this logic, I would assume the majority of unconfirmed cases are asymptomatic, so if asymtpomatic cases only account for 35% of the cases - even if you figure mild and severe cases account for another 35% - the confirmed cases now equal 30% of the total cases.

So if we have 1.746M casss / 0.3 = 5.82M which is far below the roughly 12M the serology data suggests.

But even more strange is that they come up with a 0.3-0.4% death rate? If only 5.82M people have been infected - and we have 100,000 confirmed deaths, that math is around 1.7% death rate.

Now, of course they may be suggesting somehow that we are missing a larger number of mild or severe cases - but how likely is that? I have to ve skeptical of a situation like that in this environment where everyone and their brother that has a symptom, literally, is getting tested when they have symptoms of a cold. My doctor friends are telling me the vast majority of their tests are coming back negative and we have people getting wellness checks at work getting confirmed that we're completely asymptomatic. If people are being so diligent that we are catching asymptomatc people, how likely is it that we are missing a huge number of people hat have symptoms?

It just doesn't add up. Maybe there is a piece of information that changes the math that I am missing - but I find the math hard to believe based on all of the other data, including the serology data, out there.

Sooooo, how are all these riots, Er I mean “protests” gonna skew the numbers . These fellas and ladies are PPEless!!!!! Arrest them!

Let’s see the new maths.
Yeah, good point. During the ONE time that wearing a mask is not suspicious, these people go out and commit crimes, in a world full of cameras, without masks. Genius.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
well if anything... we at very minimum ALL of the modeling has been wildy wrong. so maybe the serology stuff you a gleaning is using the incorrect data and its skewing the math.. (cough i mean algebra) :D

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm more concerned with the undercover cops; I mean 'rioters' breaking windows and starting fires... also cops opening car doors to hit demonstrators as they drive by them. That's not violent at all. What about shooting reporters with paint guns? That's a real 'riot'... lol.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm more concerned with the undercover cops; I mean 'rioters' breaking windows and starting fires... also cops opening car doors to hit demonstrators as they drive by them. That's not violent at all. What about shooting reporters with paint guns? That's a real 'riot'... lol.
Saw that too. Police? Soros? Mental health patient? Antifa? We may never know.
“If your friends tell you to jump off a bridge you gonna do it”?
Hate to be so cliche but it’s relevant.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
well if anything... we at very minimum ALL of the modeling has been wildy wrong. so maybe the serology stuff you a gleaning is using the incorrect data and its skewing the math.. (cough i mean algebra) :D
Yes, agreed here - but if anything the serology data is increasing the infection rates, not decreasing it. It shows that maybe 12M people have gotten this because of all of the "studies" they all show 1 out of 5 or 1 out of 7 cases are being confirmed. This will reduce the almost 6% confirmed death rate to maybe as little as 1/7 of that or about 0.84%. Or to as much as 1/5 of that or almost 1.2%.

Given that this range has been shown in multiple studies, it seems to be a best guess. Could the infections be more than 12M? Maybe. Is it likely to be much much more? I don't think so. But hey, if I am wrong the evidence will come out and I will have to change my mind. I just don't see any real evidence suggesting something like 30-50M Americans have gotten this disease already, and that is what it would take for us to be in the 0.3% death rate range or lower.

And if I am wrong, hurrah! That means we will probably lose 700,000 Americans instead of 2.5+M. And if I am even more wrong - even better.

But still, the CDC report, to me, seems to suggest even fewer people have been infected - more like 6M or less, and that does actually require actual algebra to figure out - yet they arrive at death rates less than half of the 0.8% shown above.

I am beginning to wonder if they meant to multiply something by 2 and they divided by 2 instead? Haha.

CNN changed their tune real quick as soon as it got torched in Atlanta. Lmfao
Lmao, funny how that works huh?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Not nearly as far off as you attempting to use the entire world population as the denominator in your calculations. Do you not understand the problem with that? If everyone in the world is included in the denominator for COVID death rates, then that inherently means they every person in the world has already had the virus and either lived or died. So the pandemic would be over according to you, since everyone got it already, and herd immunity has been achieved. Problem solved, it’s over using your math.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Not nearly as far off as you attempting to use the entire world population as the denominator in your calculations. Do you not understand the problem with that? If everyone in the world is included in the denominator for COVID death rates, then that inherently means they every person in the world has already had the virus and either lived or died. So the pandemic would be over according to you, since everyone got it already, and herd immunity has been achieved. Problem solved, it’s over using your math.
Although, this thinking does have one benefit. The denominator is somewhat unknown. - using the entire population gives us the floor. Haha. We can now be very certain that the death rate of this is above 0.004%.

Looking at the article posted by BamBam more closely, here is the original doc the article was based on:

And after reading it I am glad Trump pulled the CDC funding.

Basically they are plugging in 0.02% as the best case scenario for the fatality rate of this disease and 1% as the worst case and making a bunch of assumptions from there. And somehow, with that as the range, they settle at 0.4% as the "most likely" rate.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
So working thus backwards, they are implying that 18 million Americans people have gotten the virus and had symptoms, and less than 1 out of every 10 people WITH symptoms is getting tested. In addition to this, that 18M people only equals the 65% of patients with symptoms and there is another 35% with no symptoms.

For the algebra lovers, that is:

X (total infections) = Y (number of confirmed infections)/0.65

If Y = 18M then X = 27.69M total infections

That is is what we have to belive for a 0.4% infection death rate.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Although, this thinking does have one benefit. The denominator is somewhat unknown. - using the entire population gives us the floor. Haha. We can now be very certain that the death rate of this is above 0.004%.

Looking at the article posted by BamBam more closely, here is the original doc the article was based on:

And after reading it I am glad Trump pulled the CDC funding.

Basically they are plugging in 0.02% as the best case scenario for the fatality rate of this disease and 1% as the worst case and making a bunch of assumptions from there. And somehow, with that as the range, they settle at 0.4% as the "most likely" rate.
True, it is the floor, but using it to claim it’s not as bad as the flu is beyond asinine.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
do you stand at the chaulk board and use a monotone voice like the teacher in ferris buellers day off?? :D

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
True, it is the floor, but using it to claim it’s not as bad as the flu is beyond asinine.
Yeah, well, in the words of The Big Lebowski, that's just like, your opinion...man.

Lol, just kidding.

Looking at the US with 61,000 deaths being the high number, that is .01% of the population...or 2.5x that much so at 100,000 deaths we are already at .0166%. Which in that light...it is a little worse than a bad flu I guess. And if the CDC os correct that 28M people have already gotten the disease, then...that is pretty interesting.

do you stand at the chaulk board and use a monotone voice like the teacher in ferris buellers day off?? :D
I do. What's the point?

maximillia

maximillia

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
God damn it... you fekers have managed to drag my ass back in..

HIT brother/./. its like I told you two months ago … simple math. no need to convolute it with BS>. 7+ billion total people and 300k deaths/./. the math equals about .04 % which is what I said all along. this is total BS in comparison to the regular flu and NEVER warranted the shut down. that doesn't change your outlook and I understand it. but the math when done non common core tells the real story. further to make you all mad.. the CDC and the WHO now agree that Sweden was right all along.. weird.
Worrying that the lockdown may kill a lot of people makes you a bad person. I hope you reflect on this decision and come out a better person. Praying for you.

maximillia

maximillia

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Ok, where is the "quasi info" that you do not want me to include?

Beyond the serology data, which is the big argument that most if the "its a bad flu" people are using, we have simple math.

100,000 dearhs / 1,600,000 confirmed infections.

6% death rate.

Most people want to blow this up as being too simplistic, which I can agree with and throwing out that there are more infections than 1.6M and there are all types asymptomatic cases, etc.

So, I am playing along and including the best data we have in those factors - which makes it, extremely slightly, more complicated.

So I am not including anything that doesn't work in your favor here and now you are saying it shouldn't be included? When will you begin to see that the ONLY way your theories work is if we ignore reality and believe in completely made up numbers that refute all of the evidence that we have actually collected?

You can disagree, I welcome disagreement - this would be a boring discussion without it, but I would implore you to apply some reasoning, use some basic math, and arrive at your opinion based on evidence.

And that headline is playing on people. You can believe we should have a complete, 100% nuclear lockdown beyond what we have even had and still make the statement that being in lockdown for too long will cause irreparable damage. That is the entire problem with this situation - where do you draw the line and where is the balance. But you cannot answer those tough questions if you ignore the risk associated with one of the actions.

In other words, yes lockdown is a problem. Yes spreading this disease is a problem. Which is worse and how do we tell?

Early on we had NO way to tell so the choice had to be based on caution. We have gained more and more info now and a lot of people are going to die from this.. A lot already have. The risks are real.

Further, you are picking news articles as evidence. You say Sweden has it right,, but their death rate is much higher than other countries and their infection rates are still pretty low.. Other countries thought they could avoid lockdowns when they had low infection rates too...and they all changed course once things got bad.. It has been tried and failed.

Does that mean it may not work with some adjustment? No...it still may have some merit, but until we know what that adjustment is, it isn't a viable strategy.

Plus, in the US we have a bunch of dumb people. They forget about this entirely once the Gov't tells them to open up again. Like the gov't said it's OK so it can't hurt me now. That is the rules!

And we are out in large groups, at restaurants and parties, with no masks. In 3-4 weeks it is gonna hit us hard again.

Just like in March if you said 50,000 deaths in 2 months it seemed like a lot and no one believed it.. And it happened and everyone has already forgotten that the warnings were there...now we are doing it all over again..

And if you don't believe the next 3 months will cause another 100,000 deaths in the US minimum - tell me, what has changed? What will be different about the next 3 months? Better treatment? A vaccine? We haven't gotten to anything that will make a difference yet.

If we had, I would be all for opening, because, yes, staying closed for too long would be very bad.

Do you actually know any doctors? Talk to them. None of the doctors I am talking to believe they are being pressured and I know doctors on multiple states. Almost all of them talk about how they are actually collecting the data and if they actually collected the flu data like this it would be a dramatic change - most believe the CDC flu stats would also be much smaller because it is entirely calculated and, your favorite, based on a mathematical formula without any real reporting or tracking on the micro level.

Death numbers will be revised, but the doctors are tracking this very closely and the pressure to do so is necessary - because we have to gather as much information, as accurately as possible, as quickly as possible. A doctor trying to say it was a death caused by pneumonia and not covid is just foolishness.

Anyway. I do appreciate the debate. Not trying to be fearful, just realistic. It is a tough situation and there isn't an easy answer.
It is a tough situation and the balance is hard to find. Most people arguing against lockdowns aren't implying that you should pay no heed to the virus though, I hope that's also clear.

Also, I saw that 42% of all covid deaths in the USA are from nursing homes. If that is true, and I think it is, I believe that clearly is a big indicator as to how to go about doing things. The leaders would have been wise to notice.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I do. What's the point?
I can see it now Jacked as faulk m
Worrying that the lockdown may kill a lot of people makes you a bad person. I hope you reflect on this decision and come out a better person. Praying for you.
you saying I am a bad person for exhibiting my freedom and liberty granted to me by the constitution makes you a POS
so fuk off.
im a great person. just ask me.

maximillia

maximillia

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established

you saying I am a bad person for exhibiting my freedom and liberty granted to me by the constitution makes you a POS
so fuk off.
Haha, brother, that was sarcasm. I am kind of in your camp, in terms of thinking. Feeling bad about this now. Don't sweat it!

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

so fuk off.
I don’t think the Constitution says what you think it says...

What, you think them limiting the number of people in a Church during a pandemic is a violation of the First Amendment and freedom of religion? You should be free to worship however and wherever you want with as many people as you want? So building and fire codes that establish maximum building occupancy are also a violation of these freedoms, no? They limit how you can worship and practice your religion...

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I don’t think the Constitution says what you think it says...

What, you think them limiting the number of people in a Church during a pandemic is a violation of the First Amendment and freedom of religion? You should be free to worship however and wherever you want with as many people as you want? So building and fire codes that establish maximum building occupancy are also a violation of these freedoms, no? They limit how you can worship and practice your religion...
My religion involves jerking off in public - on streets, in school parking lots, you name it. I want to go out with a group of my fellow "worshipers" and form a circle at a baseball game.

Wait, I guess we don't have the ability to worship wherever we want. Darn.

Just because this is the internet and in case I ever run for president - this post is FULL of sarcasm and I have no religion and nothing in this post is real. It's like Eminem talking about shoot people. For illustration only.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My religion involves jerking off in public - on streets, in school parking lots, you name it. I want to go out with a group of my fellow "worshipers" and form a circle at a baseball game.

Just because this is the internet and in case I ever run for president - this post is FULL of sarcasm and I have no religion and nothing in this post is real. It's like Eminem talking about shoot people. For illustration only.
The famous philosopher Diogenes masturbated in the marketplace and, when caught, defended his actions by saying “if only it were so easy to banish hunger by rubbing my stomach.”

He was described by Plato as a “Socrates gone mad.”

He influenced Stoic philosophers Epictetus, who held him in the his test regard as the ideal man along with Socrates, and the Roman Emperor Marcus Aurelius. He was so respected he’s literally smack dab in the middle of Raphael’s “The School of Athens” painting. He’s the dude just chilling on the steps in blue.
2041FA72-C561-414E-A838-08C51A8A57A5-620-0000003ED0EB7FC5.jpg

Are you telling me he was WRONG?

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The famous philosopher Diogenes masturbated in the marketplace and, when caught, defended his actions by saying “if only it were so easy to banish hunger by rubbing my stomach.”

He was described by Plato as a “Socrates gone mad.”

He influenced Stoic philosophers Epictetus, who held him in the his test regard as the ideal man along with Socrates, and the Roman Emperor Marcus Aurelius. He was so respected he’s literally smack dab in the middle of Raphael’s “The School of Athens” painting. He’s the dude just chilling on the steps in blue.View attachment 194420

Are you telling me he was WRONG?
First off, from the sound of it, he ain't "just chillin" there.

Second, right...wrong...who's to judge. What I do know is that in today's world - this wouldn't be a painting. It would be a cell phone video. And he would be thrown in jail for it and would have a real hard time passing a background check to get a job, and his neighbors would be able to look him up online.

But, hey, that's how it all starts. First they take away your right to spread your seed in public, then they won't let you spread your virus in public, next thing you know - you won't be able to leave your home at all.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
First off, from the sound of it, he ain't "just chillin" there.

Second, right...wrong...who's to judge. What I do know is that in today's world - this wouldn't be a painting. It would be a cell phone video. And he would be thrown in jail for it and would have a real hard time passing a background check to get a job, and his neighbors would be able to look him up online.

But, hey, that's how it all starts. First they take away your right to spread your seed in public, then they won't let you spread your virus in public, next thing you know - you won't be able to leave your home at all.
Today “Diognes Syndrome” is characterized by extreme self-neglect, as Diogenes was homeless and lived in a barrel with basically no possessions. But unlike people with this syndrome, Diognes actually thought very highly of himself, and his “self-neglect” was likely him setting an extreme example of self-sufficiency and how one can be happy with nothing, and, by extension, dependent on nothing and no one, so nothing and no one can have any control or power over him. He was known for teaching in extreme examples.

Perhaps the most famous example of this was when Alexander the f**king Great, then man who conquered a pretty big portion of the world, heard Diogenes’ philosophy and was impressed and paid him a visit. Alexander, seeing Diogenes homeless, asked him if there was anything he could do for him, all he needed to do was ask and Alexander would do it for him.

Diogenes responded “all I ask is that you stop blocking my sunlight. Do not deprive me of that which you cannot give me.”

Alexander, instead of having him killed, was impressed, and responded “if I were not Alexander, I would wish to be Diogenes.” To which Diogenes replies “if I were not Diogenes, I too would wish to be Diogenes.”

This does clearly show that Diognes was truly free, as he feared no man, and no one had any control or power over him, because he needed nothing, was dependent on nothing, and feared nothing.

He’s one of my favorite philosophers.

Other funny stories of his include:

-Plato tried to define man as briefly as possible and said “featherless biped,” because I guess they didn’t know about monkeys, to which Diogenes responded by plucking all the feathers from a chicken and plopping down said chicken in front of Plato while he was giving a lecture and saying “behold, Plato’s man!”

-He once saw the child of a prostitute throwing rocks into a crowd and told him “careful, you may hit your father and not even know it.”

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Well hold on now. This is 2020. If you identify as a Jack-off-ah Witness you can rub em out all over town if you want! And how!

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Diognes...how one can be happy with nothing, and, by extension, dependent on nothing and no one, so nothing and no one can have any control or power over him.
Hmmm I dunno, dude looks pretty jacked in all those paintings especially for an old guy....mustve at least been reliant on the local Athens UGL for his TRT. Prolly some steronz being brewed up in Platos Cave.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hmmm I dunno, dude looks pretty jacked in all those paintings especially for an old guy....mustve at least been reliant on the local Athens UGL for his TRT. Prolly some steronz being brewed up in Platos Cave.
Yeah, now that you mention it, he was pretty jacked, especially for a homeless man who lived over 2,000 years ago:

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Well so much for social distancing with these insane riots/looting going on. This is just what we needed in our efforts to open things up. Not to mention the businesses themselves that have been vandalized and stolen from. What happened on memorial day wasn’t right, but this is so much worse. Such a pathetic display of human behavior.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What happened on memorial day wasn’t right, but this is so much worse. Such a pathetic display of human behavior.
Some of the clips Ive seen, some ars3wipes are using this as an excuse to get away with sh1t they would otherwise never get away with. The violence and vandalism is bullsh1t. And these fuktards will justify their self-indulgence by claiming it was necessary "for the greater cause".

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The social distancing and masks and lock downs just need to be flushed down the toilet. That stuff is over now.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Some of the clips Ive seen, some ars3wipes are using this as an excuse to get away with sh1t they would otherwise never get away with. The violence and vandalism is bullsh1t. And these fuktards will justify their self-indulgence by claiming it was necessary "for the greater cause".
Exactly, it’s just an excuse for people to show their true selves. Our nation is full of violence, hatred, and greed. People today across my state of Maine joined the prostests, bunch of posers who apparently had nothing better to do aside from harass a police department that had nothing to do with it. I guess they decided to follow suit after seeing everything on the media.

Justice has, and will continue to be served in what happened Memorial Day. It could have been dealt with more privately, or at least not shown to the nation where it had potential to cause problems. Not that anyone could have predicted all this bullshyt!