Anyone suffer from PTSD?

H

hardtoget

Awards
  • Established
After living with endocrine issues going on for more than 13 years now, I’m starting to finally wrap my brain around the fact what I truly suffer from is a HPTA dysfunction brought on from a series of traumatic events in my mid-twenties. I’ve also learned that PTSD is genetically linked and that makes a lot of sense as my Dad has it brought on from the Vietnam War. For 4-5 years I truly believed I had what naturopaths call ‘Adrenal Fatigue.’ I’m fully convinced now Adrenal Fatigue is nothing more than the neuroendocrine dysfunction that comes along with PTSD. In my mid-twenties I had difficulties post cycling from gear, followed by a death in my family, followed by losing my job. That cumulative effect put me in this situation and anytime I speak with an endocrinologist they think I’m nuts. It’s all part of the negative feedback loop, I also believe low serotonin has a major effect on this problem. It also makes sense why I did so well taking an SSRI in the past but hated the lack of sex drive with it. Would love to hear from other guys who deal with this and what they do for treatment. Hydrocortisone is not my answer and may need to seek out a therapist to finally treat this thing.