Anyone here do bloodwork in Carnivore?

SSJ4GOD

SSJ4GOD

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I’m looking into it but want numbers from not drcarnivores website or CARNIVORCOACH. Specifically for cholesterol and blood pressure. Arigato!

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
It's a fad diet, terrible for building muscle but fantastic for dropping bodyfat, it's not sustainable for the large majority of people. And if your a performance athlete, no carbs = suboptimal performance.

I've seen my sisters bloodwork on keto and carnivore and insulin sensitivity and a few other things improved but cholesterol did the opposite.

On the other side of the fence I workout with a guy who spent like 9months on carnivore and his bloodwork was spot less. Only reason he started eating normal again was he couldn't build any muscle on carnivore. Just ripped and weak (weak by comparison to how his strength was before carnivore)

SSJ4GOD

SSJ4GOD

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
It's a fad diet, terrible for building muscle but fantastic for dropping bodyfat, it's not sustainable for the large majority of people. And if your a performance athlete, no carbs = suboptimal performance.

I've seen my sisters bloodwork on keto and carnivore and insulin sensitivity and a few other things improved but cholesterol did the opposite.

On the other side of the fence I workout with a guy who spent like 9months on carnivore and his bloodwork was spot less. Only reason he started eating normal again was he couldn't build any muscle on carnivore. Just ripped and weak (weak by comparison to how his strength was before carnivore)
Yeah so I would do it during a cut for sure with no muscle building intended. I just want to 1) not totally trash my cholesterol and blood pressure and 2) lose fat faster.
I heard a few anecdotal reports and “reports” from gurus where it will actually lower cardiovascular risk but would rather hear it from someone who has actually done it.
Also been having some GI issues as of late and figure doing a carnivore diet I can eliminate a ton of things and then slowly add them back to pinpoint the direct cause as in general my diet isn’t VAST

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Yeah so I would do it during a cut for sure with no muscle building intended. I just want to 1) not totally trash my cholesterol and blood pressure and 2) lose fat faster.
I heard a few anecdotal reports and “reports” from gurus where it will actually lower cardiovascular risk but would rather hear it from someone who has actually done it.
Also been having some GI issues as of late and figure doing a carnivore diet I can eliminate a ton of things and then slowly add them back to pinpoint the direct cause as in general my diet isn’t VAST
If you wanna try it then try it. Give it a month and get bloodwork.

I just think eliminating whole food groups for extended periods of time are foolish.

The keto guru will tell you keto is the best, the vegan guru will say vegan is the best, the Paleo guru will say Paleo and so on.

If it was a diet that significantly improved health it would be widely accepted by fitness and health fanatics world wide by now.

SSJ4GOD

SSJ4GOD

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
If you wanna try it then try it. Give it a month and get bloodwork.

I just think eliminating whole food groups for extended periods of time are foolish.

The keto guru will tell you keto is the best, the vegan guru will say vegan is the best, the Paleo guru will say Paleo and so on.

If it was a diet that significantly improved health it would be widely accepted by fitness and health fanatics world wide by now.
I agree. It would be a short term endeavor to basically lose fat but also help me pinpoint the culprit in my diet. I actually find it kinda funny we don’t have just a human diet that statistically is near perfect for most people. But regardless I try to eat as unprocessed as possible

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
A little food for thought, carnivore was how our ancestors ate 2.5-3 million years ago, back then you might live to the ripe old age of 35.

Over time our diets diversified to meat, fruits, vegetables and a few other things. I'm pretty sure a balanced diet is the elusive healthy human diet you speak of above🤷 lol.

Look into this. It works great for bodybuilding and addresses food intolerance issues.

SSJ4GOD

SSJ4GOD

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
A little food for thought, carnivore was how our ancestors ate 2.5-3 million years ago, back then you might live to the ripe old age of 35.

Over time our diets diversified to meat, fruits, vegetables and a few other things. I'm pretty sure a balanced diet is the elusive healthy human diet you speak of above🤷 lol.

Look into this. It works great for bodybuilding and addresses food intolerance issues.

To be fair isn’t the whole age 35 thing based almost entirely on infant mortality factored in (many died during childbirth) and other relatively harmless diseases now like diarrhea

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
To be fair isn’t the whole age 35 thing based almost entirely on infant mortality factored in (many died during childbirth) and other relatively harmless diseases now like diarrhea
It's a part of it, but to also be fair, we all know a balanced diet is healthy and diet plays a factor in your longevity.

This is all irrelevant. In Reality the only way you're going to get an answer to your question is following the diet and getting bloods done. Mainly because you may have a completely different outcome then anyone else. So even tho 20ppl might come in here saying it improves blood markers, it may still do the opposite for you.

SSJ4GOD

SSJ4GOD

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
It's a part of it, but to also be fair, we all know a balanced diet is healthy and diet plays a factor in your longevity.

This is all irrelevant. In Reality the only way you're going to get an answer to your question is following the diet and getting bloods done. Mainly because you may have a completely different outcome then anyone else. So even tho 20ppl might come in here saying it improves blood markers, it may still do the opposite for you.
I know but it would still make me feel better lmao 🤣

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
FWIW - I combine IF with a high healthy fat, high-ish protein diet, and try to keep carbs at 30 to 35 Gr. Now, sometimes I blow through the carbs, and if I do - then I do. But my body seems to do well with high healthy fat.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
@SkRaw85 did for some time. I think to help with inflammation. Couldn't find the thread with a quick glance.