Anybody ever try this full spectrum magnesium product?

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It is a full spectrum magnesium, that has all 7 types magnesium. Supplies 500mg of elemental magnesium, so it is not under dosed. Anybody tried it, heard of it? Thoughts on this compared to using just a single magnesium?
Screenshot_20200725-095222.jpeg

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I’m sure it would be a good source of elemental magnesium.

My issue would be that the different forms you can kind of choose from depending on what other peripheral benefits you want (glycinate for sleep, threonate for brain, orotate for heart and performance, etc).

The issue would be that the doses of the threonate/orotate/etc. just wouldn’t be high enough to give benefits most likely (considering the blend is prop and chelate and citrate are first they probably make the vast majority of the blend).

So if you just want well absorbed Magnesium and it is reasonably priced it should be solid. If you want other benefits probably best to stick to the individual forms you’d prefer.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I’m sure it would be a good source of elemental magnesium.

My issue would be that the different forms you can kind of choose from depending on what other peripheral benefits you want (glycinate for sleep, threonate for brain, orotate for heart and performance, etc).

The issue would be that the doses of the threonate/orotate/etc. just wouldn’t be high enough to give benefits most likely (considering the blend is prop and chelate and citrate are first they probably make the vast majority of the blend).

So if you just want well absorbed Magnesium and it is reasonably priced it should be solid. If you want other benefits probably best to stick to the individual forms you’d prefer.
If it was evenly distributed, you think you would receive the benefits of the other types? Or would it still be too low to be beneficial?

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
If it was evenly distributed, you think you would receive the benefits of the other types? Or would it still be too low to be beneficial?
Honestly I doubt it is much more than just chelate and citrate. It states that 500mg of elemental Magnesium from 1830mg of those different forms. You need 2g of Magnesium L-threonate just to get 144mg of elemental Magnesium (and 2g of Glycinate for 200mg of Magnesium I think?) so you'd probably be getting pretty low levels of that in this blend.

I hope that makes sense.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Honestly I doubt it is much more than just chelate and citrate. It states that 500mg of elemental Magnesium from 1830mg of those different forms. You need 2g of Magnesium L-threonate just to get 144mg of elemental Magnesium (and 2g of Glycinate for 200mg of Magnesium I think?) so you'd probably be getting pretty low levels of that in this blend.

I hope that makes sense.
Yeah, that makes sense. So negligible levels of the novel magnesiums.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Ended up buying separate glycinate and threonate powders. Better value and effect.

ironkill

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
This product just came out. These guys are legit and put a lot of time and research into their products. Listen to them on podcasts often

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I saw the manufacturer's website. It looks like the company puts a lot of faith in probiotics and enzymes.

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you are interested in trying, we have a deal for SHR listeners up on the website.

I.havent tried this product, but i have teied masszymes and kapex. Both are quality products, and the guys at bioptimizers are truly some of the best in the business on customer service and satisfaction gaurantees. I recieved an empty package from thwm once ( slipups happen) after contacting them, they didnt ask for a picture, an order number, or anyyhing else. They simply rush delivered the product to me.

They are currently goving away nottles of.masszymes on our website ( details on this past Friday's show).

I can'y sleak for Mg breakthrough, but i can say that Matt and Wade are two standup guys as far as running a business goes.

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Is that video legit on how enzymes work? They turned that steak into dust.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
intersting product .. i take 2 caps of glycinate daily before bed .. this would be pretty nice upon waking up .. not a fan of chelate though

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
intersting product .. i take 2 caps of glycinate daily before bed .. this would be pretty nice upon waking up .. not a fan of chelate though
I usually take glycinate before bed. Curious as to the effects of threonate, I picked up some from vitacost. Buy one get one 50 percent off, and today is the last day.

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is that video legit on how enzymes work? They turned that steak into dust.
Haven't tried it for myself, but that's what enzymes do: drive chemical reactions to completion.

I have used one in a protein shake before. Some sort of aminos were cleaved, based on the bitter taste. It's pretty much hydrolysis at that point