Any Opinion on MCT Keto Diet?

ucimigrate

Awards
  • Established
1. I am thinking the Keto Diet could be more useful with MCT Coconut oil, and maybe Keto salts.

Any opinion on that?

2. I can see the need for cyclical ketotosis.

At first, no carbs. Only coconut oil and protein, with keto salts.

3. Then, once keto is hit, eat a fat free, protein and starch diet.

A great way to mess with metabolism, and causing different energy systems to work overtime.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Personally I never did well on keto. I would try it if you like the idea. See how it goes.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I think your trying to reinvent the wheel and massively over complicating things. It's pretty simple, if you want to loose weight/fat, eat enough protein, be in a caloric deficit and where the rest of your available calories come from doesn't really matter. Carb cycling is a great approach to having periods more geared twords fat loss but also having days to carb up a little and get some glycogen for better workouts, but In the end you need to find a diet model you can stick too, and preferably one that's not too extreme. Because the more extreme measure you take to loose weight, the more extreme you need to be to maintain the weight loss

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I can't tell if this is serious or not. only coconut oil and protein? ur not gonna feel good lol. have you ever done too much MCT oil? you will be sitting on the toilet for a while. imo animal fats are much better. so whole milk, egg yolks, steak etc. cooking with coconut oil is nice if you want that flavor, but I mostly use a spray can of duck fat now. avocado oil is best for no flavor.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I can't tell if this is serious or not. only coconut oil and protein? ur not gonna feel good lol. have you ever done too much MCT oil? you will be sitting on the toilet for a while. imo animal fats are much better. so whole milk, egg yolks, steak etc. cooking with coconut oil is nice if you want that flavor, but I mostly use a spray can of duck fat now. avocado oil is best for no flavor.
Where the hell do you find a cooking spray made from duck fat, that sounds amazing lol