Any kind of diets that are Good/bad for cardio

Smolovsquat

Awards
There is so many different views out there.
The nocarb crowd swears that being on ketosis is good for cardio.
Some people is all about being alkaline, the vegans talk about all the energy they have.
Carnivore etc.

Does it even matter if i get my macros in what i eat?
Anyway i would like to know, cause my conditioning is ****.

I know there is aerobic,anarobic, glycolyctic etc.
Atm its to shitty to pinpoint where im lacking.
Lets just say i work on all energy systems.

I would just like some ideas on what fuel you feel gives you the best base to improve your cardio?

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
The best diet doesn’t have a name. .8g or protein per lb of body weight. .3g of fat per lb(minimum). Calculate your calorie needs, eat based on your preferences and squeeze in as many carbs as you can/want. Aim for about 2lbs combined weight of fruit and veggies per day.

That covers calories, macro and micro nutritional needs. If your conditioning is crap, you just need to put the work in if that’s a primary focus for you.

Smolovsquat

Awards
The best diet doesn’t have a name. .8g or protein per lb of body weight. .3g of fat per lb(minimum). Calculate your calorie needs, eat based on your preferences and squeeze in as many carbs as you can/want. Aim for about 2lbs combined weight of fruit and veggies per day.

That covers calories, macro and micro nutritional needs. If your conditioning is crap, you just need to put the work in if that’s a primary focus for you.

Yeah that was basicly my thoughts too, focus on protein and not over/under eat.

I was just asking if anyone noticed any difference in cardio potential with a certain diet.

Cause you know, some days are just better then others.
My main focus is split between BJJ and getting relative stronger/increasing the density of work i can do.

Some days i can roll for a Good while and still feel explosive and alert.
Other days its just like being stuck in mud.
It feels like i get into the lactic burn quick and my limbs feel like led.

So im just looking for more i can do except"push harder"

That usually just works untill it doesnt, so im hoping to find some things that may be in the way.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yeah that was basicly my thoughts too, focus on protein and not over/under eat.

I was just asking if anyone noticed any difference in cardio potential with a certain diet.

Cause you know, some days are just better then others.
My main focus is split between BJJ and getting relative stronger/increasing the density of work i can do.

Some days i can roll for a Good while and still feel explosive and alert.
Other days its just like being stuck in mud.
It feels like i get into the lactic burn quick and my limbs feel like led.

So im just looking for more i can do except"push harder"

That usually just works untill it doesnt, so im hoping to find some things that may be in the way.

What does your diet look like now? Let's start with that. Either way, I kinda doubt your diet is the reason you struggle with it. You may just be not exactly built for endurance, or maybe you just need to spend some time on it. I doubt your diet is really what has you stuck.

Smolovsquat

Awards
My base diet is similar to the vertikal diet.
I eat some veggies but honestly think vegetables is a scam.
I dont feel any different if i eat em or not.
I take livet tabs for micros with some supplements.
However i smoke some weed in the evenings and that tends to mess up my diet.

So usually i eat mostly beef and cheese but i have fish/pork/chicken a couple times per week.

I used to be in decent shape competing and training BJJ daily.
However after a long time out from a serious back injury ive had issues training conditioning.
Basicly there is a very small margain between training hard enough to improve and overdoing it and getting pain in My hips/lower back.

So im not trying to be lazy and find some magic bullet.
Im just looking for every advantage i can find so i can actually put in the work and progress without have to take time off because my back flares up.