Any interest in a half-assed log/diary for bikini show prep?

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
A carb refeed once a week (similar to a cyclical ketogenic diet) for someone following a low carb diet can actually be good on increasing performance in the gym and building muscle and it is doubtful much of it if any would convert to fat especially if you are on roids (forgot if your currently on) for nutrient partioning, but like the prior poster said I too admire your dedication. Whatever works for you. If it ain’t broke don’t fix it. I personally just couldn’t follow such a program myself because I have a tendency to fall of the wagon and binge when their is no freedom not to mention always be thinking/fantasizing about forbidden food.

Marcia

Marcia

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
A carb refeed once a week (similar to a cyclical ketogenic diet) for someone following a low carb diet can actually be good on increasing performance in the gym and building muscle and it is doubtful much of it if any would convert to fat especially if you are on roids (forgot if your currently on) for nutrient partioning, but like the prior poster said I too admire your dedication. Whatever works for you. If it ain’t broke don’t fix it. I personally just couldn’t follow such a program myself because I have a tendency to fall of the wagon and binge when their is no freedom not to mention always be thinking/fantasizing about forbidden food.
I have high carb days but they are not cheats. Just more oats and sweet potatoes. I’m not on any gear.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You are looking great. Hopefully you overcame the cravings and they are gone! I am going to ask Matt at Evomuse if he has any Epitome to spare here. I think it could be just the thing potentially

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
This is the really hard thing about contest dieting (I think). While it may be good advice to plan in some flexibility for someone who is trying to make lifestyle changes - the goals of a contest are so extreme and timing is critical that you can't have as much freedom. I've never done such a diet and have little experience in this realm, which is why I am so interested in seeing this play out. Much of my advice may not be relevant either here...it's a different world.

Marcia

Marcia

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You are looking great. Hopefully you overcame the cravings and they are gone! I am going to ask Matt at Evomuse if he has any Epitome to spare here. I think it could be just the thing potentially
Cravings are down today. I just haven’t had to prep and still cook/keep other foods in the house in a few years. The food obsessing always happens but it wasn’t like I actually had it in front of me so the temptation wasn’t as strong. When I’m not on prep I can cook anything and even go to restaurants without wanting to cheat so I know I can make it the next 7 weeks.

Marcia

Marcia

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
This is the really hard thing about contest dieting (I think). While it may be good advice to plan in some flexibility for someone who is trying to make lifestyle changes - the goals of a contest are so extreme and timing is critical that you can't have as much freedom. I've never done such a diet and have little experience in this realm, which is why I am so interested in seeing this play out. Much of my advice may not be relevant either here...it's a different world.
Fouad Abiad has had some really good convos about this. iIFYM followers always say as long as it fits the macros, you can eat whatever in prep but I just don’t believe it. I keep things simple with limited ingredients so that if we change anything, it’s easy to pinpoint exactly how I respond. If I’m trying to eat 50 different foods and I make a change to 1 of them, can I still track the response as well? Most likely not. I reduce all variables that I can so that I can control what I can.

I’m also lazy AF and have no desire to try to prep a million different foods for the week. I’ve been eating the same foods for so long that my meal prep is practically done just from muscle memory alone. I can eyeball amounts and they weigh almost exactly what they should. I think the most exciting change I have coming up is the switch from broccoli to asparagus. I actually can’t wait for that as I love asparagus.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Lol - if I were going to pretend to be someone else it would be someone much younger and pretty
See, I knew you were going to say something like that! Age is a number and I’m sure your face is much prettier than you let on!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Waist is looking small in that picture!!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks! Gotta hit the right angles but i feel like my waist is coming in a bit sooner than previous preps.
That's Great !!

Ptlhains

Ptlhains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Have not visited this thread in a while. I can see big changes. Good job!

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Have not visited this thread in a while. I can see big changes. Good job!
Same. Just caught up on 12 pages. Your dedication is impressive and you’re dialing in for sure. Keep it up. Subbed now for final results.

Marcia

Marcia

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Adjustments.JPG
Adjustments.JPG

7 weeks out. Coach has been tracking my weight every day rather than just at check ins. It’s been tricky because I’m still going about a week between bowel movements. And yes, this is my normal even when I’m not prepping (unless I’m on primo, then it’s an every day thing). I’m still only using cardarine. I had a refeed yesterday but I was also sick (not COVID). Getting ready for the final push!

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
View attachment 197608

This was Sunday after cardio and posing practice. Coach mad at me because scale has been stuck for two days.
Looking good. Things are starting to come together. The scale is stuck for two days? Who would give a F about that? Is it his first time tracking daily weight changes? Haha.

If you KNOW you are in a deficit and you are executing the plan, the scale is just one tool. It is not a determining factor of success, execution is. Keep executing and the scale will move. If anything I have a slight belief that it may be a situation that when you start burning lipids at a higher rate, your body remains water, which keeps weight steady. Keep going.

Marcia

Marcia

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Looking good. Things are starting to come together. The scale is stuck for two days? Who would give a F about that? Is it his first time tracking daily weight changes? Haha.

If you KNOW you are in a deficit and you are executing the plan, the scale is just one tool. It is not a determining factor of success, execution is. Keep executing and the scale will move. If anything I have a slight belief that it may be a situation that when you start burning lipids at a higher rate, your body remains water, which keeps weight steady. Keep going.
Yeah - he’s not pleased with me at all right now. I’m doing my best - that’s all I can do.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah - he’s not pleased with me at all right now. I’m doing my best - that’s all I can do.
You keep working hard like you have been! Your abs are coming through and your work is showing!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That’s right! You’re doing your part and everything is coming together! Scale will move!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Definition is really starting to show !!

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Kind of ridiculous for the coach to be upset the scale hasn’t moved in 2 days. He should know daily weight fluctuates and the only way to get an accurate measurement is to weigh yourself daily at the same time on an empty stomach first thing upon waking and obtain a weekly average based upon 7 day averages, thus comparing the weight averages from week to week, rather than daily weight from day to day.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I just saw the nice shape on your legs also.

Marcia

Marcia

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Scale is down today - F yeah!!! And it’s shoulders on tap which is one of my favorites.

I honestly don’t know what’s going on with my coach. I know his personal life is really hard right now but (and sorry if this sounds cold) that’s not my problem. During this prep I’ve dealt with the shutdown, my brother dying, my dad having a stroke, and trying to recover from the financial ruin I experienced last year. I haven’t missed a work out, a meal, or given anything less than 100% this entire time. He needs to suck it up.

The Solution

The Solution

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Scale is down today - F yeah!!! And it’s shoulders on tap which is one of my favorites.

I honestly don’t know what’s going on with my coach. I know his personal life is really hard right now but (and sorry if this sounds cold) that’s not my problem. During this prep I’ve dealt with the shutdown, my brother dying, my dad having a stroke, and trying to recover from the financial ruin I experienced last year. I haven’t missed a work out, a meal, or given anything less than 100% this entire time. He needs to suck it up.
We have already dictated your coach is an absolute moron earlier in this thread.
I get it.. the person is cheap, but he is absolutely uneducated on proper dieting and training especially for a prep.
The credibility the person has is 0 for someone who is investing their declining health to step on a stage for a few minutes for a piece of hardware. I wish he had some logical explanation for what they are doing, but in essence that doesn't seem to be the case.

Not to beat a dead horse here, but you know this feedback he has given you has truly helped you the entire way. I get you don't have money to invest in someone worth your time. I just hate to see you continually go week in and week out furious, upset, and pushing your body in the brink of starvation for 7 more weeks to get subpar communication and knowledge.

I condone your persistence and dedication, but there are so many red flags in this log about your health and the coach you have is mindboggling.
- The labs you got back are not the best. 7 more weeks of dieting is only going to make them worse
- Thinking having one BM a week is healthy, is not. That clearly shows your body is not in an optimal state, and isn't even in the offseason if that is what you consider "Normal"
- I know you never cheat on your diet and your calories never get high in the offseason. It stems back to your thyroid most likely being jacked up from long term dieting and very low calories over a period of time
- You are eating less than an infant does who does nothing but moves all day. Combine that with hours of cardio putting you in such a large deficit its scary. Legit SCARY. You have 7 more weeks to go, if your coach drops your calories to 1000 or lower he clearly is delusional on trying to destroy your body for the worse.
- Eating nothing but the same foods over and over is counterproductive to gut bacteria. Granted your calories are super low, but just something I have noted from your writing.

Kudos to you on prepping, but there is a lot that need to be fixed what it is all said and done. Your first priority is your health and I know you will attack it so you can live a much more "optimal" life by restoring some underlying issues that need fixed.

This isnt an attack at you one bit. I just don't condone this guy and what he is doing to you and has done to you over the years. Its been a downward spiral and I don't want to see you crash and burn as I have a lot of respect for you.

Last edited:
Marcia

Marcia

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
We have already dictated your coach is an absolute moron earlier in this thread.
I get it.. the person is cheap, but he is absolutely uneducated on proper dieting and training especially for a prep.
The credibility the person has is 0 for someone who is investing their declining health to step on a stage for a few minutes for a piece of hardware. I wish he had some logical explanation for what they are doing, but in essence that doesn't seem to be the case.

Not to beat a dead horse here, but you know this feedback he has given you has truly helped you the entire way. I get you don't have money to invest in someone worth your time. I just hate to see you continually go week in and week out furious, upset, and pushing your body in the brink of starvation for 7 more weeks to get subpar communication and knowledge.
I’m still unsure if I’ll ever compete again but I still look around at other coaches. The ones I like only coach men or only coach figure or above and they all cost more than I make in 4 months LOL.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Maybe no coach would be better than this coach? At least you would save yourself money and undue criticism.

Marcia

Marcia

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Maybe no coach would be better than this coach? At least you would save yourself money and undue criticism.
Yeaaahhh - I can’t coach myself at all. I have no eye and don’t understand nutrition, peaking, etc well enough to get contest ready.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

That is the best thing you could have ever said! No, it’s not being cold. It’s obvious you have empathy for his situation, but he’s still providing you a service and he needs to be at 100% like you are. Very proud of you for having that attitude!!!!

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeaaahhh - I can’t coach myself at all. I have no eye and don’t understand nutrition, peaking, etc well enough to get contest ready.
I think you have enough support and knowledge on this thread alone to coach you. I’d be better than what you have!

Marcia

Marcia

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
There are a lot of knowledgeable people here
I wish it were that easy. It takes someone to do constant monitoring these last 6 weeks and peak week is even harder. Pictures every day to determine how and when to carb up, pull back on workouts, etc. With my prep goggles, I think I look like sh!t the entire time.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Understood!

Marcia

Marcia

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Sleep was absolute crap last night. Since I go to bed at 6 pm there’s still plenty of noise outside - construction, guys with small penises and loud cars, kids screaming. And my son came in at about 1 am which got my dogs spun up. I’m feeling it in the gym this morning.

Marcia

Marcia

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Did a comparison with one of my previous preps and I’m 2-3 pounds heavier now than I was then BUT I was also on 80mcgs of clen back then. So that’s good news. Hoping the extra weight is muscle??

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hard work pays off so I'm sure it is!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I can see why you are hungry !

Marcia

Marcia

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Really busy/stressful week as I’m in the office this week. Thankfully my job isn’t normally this stressful but the remote working adjustments make it really challenging.
IMG_6255.JPG
IMG_6258.JPG
IMG_6260.JPG

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You are really starting to look lean