Unanswered Another rhomboid tear....

Brain5ick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
So awhile back I tore my right rhomboid, it was insanely painful and it hurts every time I would breathe. Absolutely awful.
Finally a good bit of time later everything healed up well! Then recently I was working and long story short I tore my left rhomboid.... in so much pain I can hardly stand it but I’m not going to waste time away from the gym and work, I just can’t. I was wondering what everyone’s idea on kratom for pain was and what exercises I could do that could help me work around the pain or even be beneficial for the injury. Bench of any kind is too painful since I have to retract my scapula, deadlifts and squats are out which sucks.
Also going to add BPC-157 to try and speed up healing but I can’t even sleep with this so it’s becoming an issue.

Andy Roo

Awards
I'm interested in the 'I just can't'...part of your comment....why it is that you feel you 'can't' take time out for yourself to heal away from work or the gym and perceive this as wasting time (unless you have financial considerations)...or why you'd want to 'speed up healing' faster than the body may want to at this point.
Strong painkillers and rest is what I'd suggest.

Brain5ick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm interested in the 'I just can't'...part of your comment....why it is that you feel you 'can't' take time out for yourself to heal away from work or the gym and perceive this as wasting time (unless you have financial considerations)...or why you'd want to 'speed up healing' faster than the body may want to at this point.
Strong painkillers and rest is what I'd suggest.
I have 3 step kids, can’t not work. One of my jobs is training in the gym as well. Plus I’m on cycle, already had to take a week off a little bit ago, not trying to waste the rest of my cycle.

Andy Roo

Awards
I have 3 step kids, can’t not work. One of my jobs is training in the gym as well. Plus I’m on cycle, already had to take a week off a little bit ago, not trying to waste the rest of my cycle.
Understood fella...that's a lot you have on, plus your cycle, sure...someone'll chime in on the Kratom.
Trying to think what you can do for the upper body, flyes are out, pullovers are out, hmm...maybe dumbbell shrugs...a load of PARTIALS on every exercise maybe, all the best.

Brain5ick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Understood fella...that's a lot you have on, plus your cycle, sure...someone'll chime in on the Kratom.
Trying to think what you can do for the upper body, flyes are out, pullovers are out, hmm...maybe dumbbell shrugs...a load of PARTIALS on every exercise maybe, all the best.
Pec deck flies were ok today. Seated dips weren’t awful but if I moved wrong could get painful fast. Lots of arm work, some shoulder stuff as well. It seems like the way I angle my arms on squats is a trigger, pushing exercises are the worst, too scared to try deadlifts. Bent over rows are ok but T-bar is also out. I’ll have to do partials on some lifts for sure, very slow reps and hard contractions are where it’s at right now for sure.

Andy Roo

Awards
Pec deck flies were ok today. Seated dips weren’t awful but if I moved wrong could get painful fast. Lots of arm work, some shoulder stuff as well. It seems like the way I angle my arms on squats is a trigger, pushing exercises are the worst, too scared to try deadlifts. Bent over rows are ok but T-bar is also out. I’ll have to do partials on some lifts for sure, very slow reps and hard contractions are where it’s at right now for sure.
Tough guy, see how you're managing?!..slow and steady for sure.