Another benefit to SubQ testosterone injections

Zero Tolerance

Awards
  • Established
Being that subcutaneous testosterone injections (cypionate, enanthate) are becoming more popular in HRT protocols, I can think of another good reason to promote it. People afraid of doing injections who insist on doing oral-only steroid cycles would benefit from the ease of an injection with an insulin needle.

I already know what some of the responses are going to be - and so far, there is no rise in the amount of infections or issues (abscesses) in regards to SubQ injections. As long as you're being responsible, there's nothing to worry about. So people who are afraid of needles enough to do oral-only cycles have a much safer method in this.

Personally, I've never had a problem with injecting intramuscularly. But I have to admit, if I ever get abscess that needs lancing, I'd certainly rather it be just beneath the skin rather than 2 inches deep in my glute or thigh - which would certainly mean time out of the gym.

I feel that people doing oral-only cycles will have little to no issue with 4 insulin pin injections per week as opposed to 1 IM injection.

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
Why what do they usually do them with and how does this benefit them? Sorry am a little slow and this is a new world for me

Zero Tolerance

Awards
  • Established
FYI. I'm on my fourth day of Sustanon 250 subcutaneously. I'm taking .30/cc daily. So far, I'm shooting into stomach fat and have had no complications other than a light black and blue spot near my first injection (on Sunday). If I ever do run into a problem with an abscess, I'll much rather have it lanced in fat than in muscle. Cutting into muscle means time out of the gym. Cutting into fat means going to the gym right afterwards.

Personally, I've never had a problem with injecting intramuscularly. But I have to admit, if I ever get abscess that needs lancing, I'd certainly rather it be just beneath the skin rather than 2 inches deep in my glute or thigh - which would certainly mean time out of the gym.

Herd

Awards
I was under the impression that the oil was too thick for a slin pin. What gauge are you using?

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
I was under the impression that the oil was too thick for a slin pin. What gauge are you using?
that's what I always thought too, that a slin pin is so narrow that the time it would take pushing the oil wouldn't be worth it compared to just man up with a bigger needle to get the job done quickly.

James

James

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
are you guys injecting subQ? hmm... what the absorption like?

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
Does sub-q administration absorb completely? I would think that if this was truly effective, it would have become the main method of administration long ago..

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I am curious too.

mj34

mj34

Awards
  • Established
It depends on the lab my guy has gear that flows through a slin pin. Just a couple of years ago all oil was thick as hell. Dont try that with Thai Phoenix that **** was hard to get out with a 23g.

This sub-q stuffed popped up a while back but sounds interesting let us know whats up. I will always still pin my delts, glutes, back etc

Zero Tolerance

Awards
  • Established
29 gauge.. It takes about a minute to get the oil into the syringe... And about 20 seconds to push it out...

Zero Tolerance

Awards
  • Established
I'm not sure what the rate of absorption is but HRT doctors are using this method more frequently.. If there's any difference between SubQ and IM, it's very little.

Does sub-q administration absorb completely? I would think that if this was truly effective, it would have become the main method of administration long ago..

SOLARUS

Awards
  • Established
I'm not sure what the rate of absorption is but HRT doctors are using this method more frequently.. If there's any difference between SubQ and IM, it's very little.
there's a study out there somewhere; i saw it years ago...subQ and IM are virtually identical in terms of absorbed hormone, when done correctly....also, active life is only a day or two different as well.

why only .3cc 4x/week??? if you're past week 1 with sust then you only need 2x/week shots, provided you are doing at least .5cc each time...what up?

sounds like good gear that can go through a 29g...i had some micronized Tsusp a few years ago that did...man that stuff was great - i could shoot anywhere!

SOLARUS

Awards
  • Established
I take .3 CC daily.
interesting...just for kicks? that is, you obviously dont mind the shots, i assume you are going for maximum stability of blood levels?

note to others: generally, 2x/week would be plenty for any long estered steroid.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A studt I read claimed the testosterone was absorbed the same at IM, but at a slower rate. When speaking in terms of TRT this wouldnt really matter.

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
I bet gear made with Ethyl Oleate would work very well for this.

bigzach1234

bigzach1234

Awards
  • Established
why do u never hear of any1 doing this... has any1 ever completed a full cycle of just sub q shots

Zero Tolerance

Awards
  • Established
I am about to do just this. With such small amounts being injected, two shots per week would not amount to much of anything. Thus, the need for daily shots. Subcutaneous injections need to be small like the ones I'm doing.

why do u never hear of any1 doing this... has any1 ever completed a full cycle of just sub q shots

Smiley

Smiley

Awards
  • Established
Any info on what the limit on volume is when injecting subq? I have heard of people not liking this, but maybe it was just because they injected too much.

SOLARUS

Awards
  • Established
I am about to do just this. With such small amounts being injected, two shots per week would not amount to much of anything. Thus, the need for daily shots. Subcutaneous injections need to be small like the ones I'm doing.
i do not believe the volumes have to be as low as you have been using...

even if .5cc+ is too much for pain/bruising reasons, higher concentration gear (UG, probably) would reduce the need for such frequent shots, too.

just thinking out loud....if it works for you, great.

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
This is an interesting topic! Damn, injecting 2-4x EW is pure cake, with a slin pin. The key here (for SQ) is to get the buttery smooth oil that will work w/a 29ga pin.

Dood, thanks for sharing this. Please keep us posted on how your SQ Sus shots go.

BTW, I too get site bruising from SQ slin pins. But I think that has to do with A) the volume you're injecting, and B) the rate at which you inject. An excess of either may result in bruising. Be sure you're not penetrating a vein too. That will def. cause subq bruising (the most likely culprit).

Zero Tolerance

Awards
  • Established
I did penetrate a vein at the site of my light bruise. No big deal. Otherwise, I just did my 7th daily shot in a row. I may start experimenting with higher volumes shortly. My last Sustanon shot is probably tomorrow. From there, I'm switching to Cypionate. I have 200mg/ml and 300mg/ml from a compound pharmacy. I plan on doing this for 12-14 weeks. I've never done more than a six week cycle thusfar.

Smiley

Smiley

Awards
  • Established
Nice zero. It would be interesting to see how much you can inject before it starts to cause problems.

That is really you in the avitar?

Zero Tolerance

Awards
  • Established
Yes. It's me with Enzyte Bob's head. :p If I can safely inject half 'a CC at a time, I may drop to every other day injections. For now, this is so easy that I'm more comfortable than ever doing an injectible cycle.

holyintellect

holyintellect

Awards
  • Established
One of the biggest concerns is that even though you can push the oil through a slin pin, it still will not absorb any quicker subcutaneously....If you are doing ED injects, at some point you will run a real risk of getting a sterile abcess.....which is basically a pocket of unabsorbed oil....

holy

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
correct me if im wrong...but for someone who has no problem with an i.m. injection this has no benefit??? tis good info...but i dont mind a good old stick in the ass from time to time...lol

Zero Tolerance

Awards
  • Established
My issue with IM injections is abscesses.. If I'm going to get one, I'd rather have it cut out of fat than muscle. I don't want to be out of the gym for a week because the doctor had to cut into my bicep to lance...

Anyway.. I'm on my 15th day and so far, all is well. I've put on a few pounds and I've gone up in strength. No acne and no crazy libido yet, though. I'll keep everyone posted.

Zero Tolerance

Awards
  • Established
Okay. I'm on my 23rd day now and all is well. My libido is up noticeably (while on Max LMG - which brings it down), I'm getting acne - but it's under control since I'm scrubbing myself raw. And I'm gaining lots and lots of strength. So much so that I when I'm doing dumbbell presses, I can bearly get the weight into position - but then I can press it 8-10 times... I'm also sensitive to gyno - and I'm getting some sensitivity in one nipple.

heavyiron

heavyiron

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Interesting study on injecting aas subq ;

STABLE TESTOSTERONE LEVELS ACHIEVED WITH SUBCUTANEOUS TESTOSTERONE INJECTIONS

M.B. Greenspan, C.M. Chang
Division of Urology, Department of Surgery, McMaster University,
Hamilton, ON, Canada

Objectives: The preferred technique of androgen replacement has been intramuscular (IM) testosterone, but wide variations in testosterone levels are often seen. Subcutaneous (SC) testosterone injection is a novel approach; however, its physiological effects are unclear. We therefore investigated the sustainability of stable testosterone levels using SC therapy. Patients and methods: Between May and September 2005, we conducted a small pilot study involving 10 male patients with symptomatic late-onset hypogonadism.

Every patient had been stable on TE 200 mg IM for 1 year. Patients were instructed to self-inject with testosterone enanthate (TE) 100 mg SC (DELATESTRYL 200 mg/cc, Theramed Corp, Canada) into the anterior abdomen once weekly. Some patients were down-titrated to 50 mg based on their total testosterone (T) at 4 weeks.

Informed consent was obtained as SC testosterone administration is not officially approved by Health Canada. T levels were measured before and 24 hours after injection during weeks 1, 2, 3, and 4, and 96 hours after injection in week 6 and 8.

At week 12, PSA, CBC, and T levels were measured however; the week 12 data are still being collected.

Results: Prior to initiation of SC therapy, T was 19.14+3.48 nmol/l, hemoglobin 15.8+1.3 g/dl, hematocrit 0.47+0.02, and PSA 1.05+0.65 ng/ml. During the first 4 weeks, there was a steady increase in pre-injection T from 19.14+3.48 to 23.89+9.15 nmol/l (p¼0.1). However, after 8 weeks the post-injection T (25.77+7.67 nmol/l) remained similar to that of week 1 (27.46+12.91 nmol/l). Patients tolerated this therapy with no adverse effects.

Conclusions: A once-week SC injection of 50–100 mg of TE appears to achieve sustainable and stable levels of physiological T. This technique offers fewer physician visits and the use of smaller quantity of medication, thus lower costs. However, the long term clinical and physiological effects of this therapy need further evaluation.

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
Okay. I'm on my 23rd day now and all is well. My libido is up noticeably (while on Max LMG - which brings it down), I'm getting acne - but it's under control since I'm scrubbing myself raw. And I'm gaining lots and lots of strength. So much so that I when I'm doing dumbbell presses, I can bearly get the weight into position - but then I can press it 8-10 times... I'm also sensitive to gyno - and I'm getting some sensitivity in one nipple.
Zero, glad to hear things are going well for you.

Will you please clarify a few things?
1) What size needle are you using? Are you using a slinpin?
2) What oil are you injecting?
3) What is the volume you're injecting each time (0.3mL?)?
4) Have you noticed any site irritation or other abnormalities?
5) How often are you injecting now?

Thanks for keeping us up to date!

Zero Tolerance

Awards
  • Established
Thank you for posting the article above and for continuing this discussion. To answer the questions asked of me:

1. Slinpin (a very small one)
2. Cypionate 300mg/ml
3. 0.25ml
4. Light pink around the area of injection for a few days. Maybe a touch itchy every so often.
5. Daily

charley

charley

Awards
.....Zero....thats amazing...........but it still sounds hard to believe...oil in a slinpin.....''who'd a thunk it''

heavyiron.........................really nice post........

Zero Tolerance

Awards
  • Established
.....Zero....thats amazing...........but it still sounds hard to believe...oil in a slinpin.....''who'd a thunk it''

heavyiron.........................really nice post........
Thank you. The reason why I find this such big news is that people who ARE worried about using needles can get used to a slin pin a lot easier than an inch and a half of intramuscular pin. I'm sure lots of people are damaging themselves with excessive oral cycles to avoid what's so easy and unintimidating with a slin pin.