Aniracetam/alpha gpc... adding noopept

MrManlet

MrManlet

Awards
  • Established
So I’ve been on Aniracetam with alpha gpc for about... I’m gonna say 3 months at around 1g twice or sometimes 3x a day, and alpha gpc around 600mg, and so far I like what is happening. I notice far better memory when it comes to things like what I did a couple days ago or a week—maybe more (not perfect recall I’d still like an improvement) and learning seems like it’s going better as topics I study seem like they’re sticking and I find learning exciting believe it or not! I’m now adding noopept after reading up on it a little more. I mainly want some “oomph” when it comes to studying—maybe a little better focus.
My main concern is anecdotal experiences, specifically regarding to increases in studying
CAPACITY and memory recall, as well as if there may be another racetam or general nootropic that maybe be better suited to this goal. Posting mainly out of anticipation of receiving my noopept andgeneral interest in these substances!

Anabaholic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In to see how it goes for you. I took noopept, I don't remember what dose, and I didn't feel like I got anything out of it.

MrManlet

MrManlet

Awards
  • Established
In to see how it goes for you. I took noopept, I don't remember what dose, and I didn't feel like I got anything out of it.
Were you also taking a choline source? And how long would you say you were on it? Curious as I have read of non responders but simply hope that is not the case with me! Haha

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ani and noopept are a great combo. Noopept "opens" my mind and allows me to retain new information. Perfect compliment to the recall and thought organization from Ani.

Anabaholic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Were you also taking a choline source? And how long would you say you were on it? Curious as I have read of non responders but simply hope that is not the case with me! Haha
I took it with soy lecithin when I thought about it, and I took it for one month. I wish I could remember the dosage, and in retrospect I wish I took the sl more regularly. If you get good results maybe I'll try it again

MrManlet

MrManlet

Awards
  • Established
I took it with soy lecithin when I thought about it, and I took it for one month. I wish I could remember the dosage, and in retrospect I wish I took the sl more regularly. If you get good results maybe I'll try it again
Just got my noopept today, and administered shortly after receiving. The only thing I noticed was a *slight* stimulation that dissipated shortly after it was noted. I don’t expect much in regards to instant results, and since this substance is known to work via manipulation of NGF and BDNF I suppose it’ll be best noticed after a couple days to weeks of administration, so I will not sum it up to a failure!
I will note though, that I felt Aniracetam instantly in the form of a modest stimulation that stayed for several hours, however its memory benefits took weeks to take full effect.

MrManlet

MrManlet

Awards
  • Established
Bizarre update after falling asleep last night... yesterday I took about 2x 20mg doses throughout the day.. and strangely in the middle of the night I awoke with VERY noticeable patterns with my eyes open, almost like I was on LSD, and also noticed it with my eyes closed, however more so. Don’t know what to chalk this up too but it was BIZARRE to say the least. Then early this morning I awoke with VERY strong anxiety, several times. I think my body may be getting used to the noopept, and have read of some similar results, however if it continues I WILL discontinue the noopept and begin researching a replacement.

MrManlet

MrManlet

Awards
  • Established
Update:
So things are going well on noopept and Aniracetam, except one thing. Today I was unable to dose all day, and felt an intense “urge” to dose similar to the feeling when one craves a cigarette. No noticeable withdraw signs besides the urge, and as soon as I made it home (about 24 hours after last dose) I dosed and noticed an immediate cessation of the sensation.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Anyone know if it matters if you dose Cognizen vs Alpha-GPC with Aniracetam?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don’t think so. I’ve seen people use and enjoy both, but which one is “best” seems to be personal preference really.

MrManlet

MrManlet

Awards
  • Established
So I’ve been on the noopept for a while now and managed to pick up a few things, first being dose wise. A dose greater than 80mg a day causes intense brain fog.. and I wanted to explain. “Brain fog” to me is this sense of idleness, not being able to concentrate.. even with my eyes, it feels like I just look past things instead of being able to concentrate on them, and that’s how my focus on tasks feel too. So please note more dose not equate to better effects, as has been mentioned in other forums..
I have noticed, however, that noopept (at least for me) is actually quite cholinergic and requires me to dose alpha gpc more often than I had been with just Aniracetam. I previously have been dosing 600 mg alpha gpc every other day while on Aniracetam, which now has increased to everyday, sometimes in excess of 1g depending on how I’ve dosed the noopept.
Dosing alpha gpc helps immensely with the brain fog accompanied with high doses of noopept, as well as a slight headache that is brought on as well. All in all, I’m greatly appreciating the benefits, but would note that I feel “off” of I don’t dose within a given time frame of about 20-24 hours, which wasn’t happening before the integration of noopept.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I think it is time I try Aniracetam again, Noopept seems to give me a cloudy feeling lately.
Where is everyone going for racetams now? I haven't bought any in a couple years.

stimtron

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I think it is time I try Aniracetam again, Noopept seems to give me a cloudy feeling lately.
Where is everyone going for racetams now? I haven't bought any in a couple years.
I bought a few from Pure Nootropics. They seem legit.

stimtron

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
cdp i think has more studies behind it but gpc helps with hgh. I take both just to cover both grounds. I also take both water and fat soluble racetams for the same reason.