Anavar for 72 year old post opp women

inmylife34

Awards
Long story very less long. My 72-year-old mother had exploratory abdominal surgery on Monday. They did not find the hole in her intestines , (which is the reason for the surgery). They did find an infection in her colon which has been cleared by antibiotics. The recovery for the surgery is been extremely difficult due to the amount of pain she has been in from them cutting on her and looking around . All of her bloodwork and vital signs are perfect according to the doctors. But the pain from the surgery has been so bad that she’s not even to sit up at in bed without morphine. Pre surgery she was completely independent and lives on her own. What are your thoughts daily 10 mg Anavar until she’s able to move around as normal?

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Long story very less long. My 72-year-old mother had exploratory abdominal surgery on Monday. They did not find the hole in her intestines , (which is the reason for the surgery). They did find an infection in her colon which has been cleared by antibiotics. The recovery for the surgery is been extremely difficult due to the amount of pain she has been in from them cutting on her and looking around . All of her bloodwork and vital signs are perfect according to the doctors. But the pain from the surgery has been so bad that she’s not even to sit up at in bed without morphine. Pre surgery she was completely independent and lives on her own. What are your thoughts daily 10 mg Anavar until she’s able to move around as normal?
I would Not.
Especially since she had stomach surgery/issues.
Anavar is a Methylated oral Steroid, and can be (sometimes very) hard on the stomach.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would Not.
Especially since she had stomach surgery/issues.
Anavar is a Methylated oral Steroid, and can be (sometimes very) hard on the stomach.
Exactly, I would not give a 72 yr old w stomach issues Anavar.... it's only going to exacerbate any stomach issues that she has. It's going to promote inflammation in the stomach for one and it would be very risky.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yeah, I'm no expert on the topic, but the first thing that came to mind is what the gents said above. Can't imagine any possible positives either.

Last edited:
CasperKValentine

CasperKValentine

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
If this is a serious post you are a moron.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
If she’s still in the hospital or on pain medication of any kind, introducing any kind of additional oral medication could represent increased renal or hepatic strain that might contraindicate use, whatever perceived benefit something like a micro dose of Ostarine or Anavar could provide for enhanced recovery.

I understand it’s your mother and you hate to see her suffer in pain, but she’s not in a robust position to gamble her overall health on our armchair theories about potential recovery aids.

We aren’t doctors, you’re not a doctor, and the doctors will give her the very best care they know how. Also consider that post-opp pain can be a strange phenomenon; phantom pains at the site of operation can last for years even if the area of the incision heals well & rapidly. Getting her healed faster doesn’t ensure she gets out of pain or back to normal any faster.

Wishing your mother a speedy recovery!

MikeWay

Awards
I'm not exerting here but agree with what people say here. Just give your mother time to recover and listen to what the doctor says. If you want to help her to regain her mobility, you can look for simple exercises like here 'senior fitness'. When she she gets well obviously.